Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:38 PM

124 posts, read 477,097 times

Advertisements

I'd sleep with the windows open but for those pesky scorpions we have by us at least an intruder is big enough to nail with a baseball bat lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 03:35 PM

419 posts, read 1,525,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Joy View Post
We live in the west valley too, but have never smelled a foul odor here...anytime of the year. We also don't have desperate people near us. Where are you?
I'm in south Avondale. But I see desperate people in south Glendale, Maryvale, Tolleson, north Avondale, Peoria, Laveen. They do have mobility, you know, which means they don't have to live on your block.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:45 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
No, Im scared the boogie man might come in.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:50 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We always sleep with our windows open in N. Peoria. We even keep the patio door open. I have two English Mastiffs that sleep in the house at night so I do not fear intruders. Motley weighed in Sat at the vet at a whopping 255lbs. Of course he was terrified of the little toy dog that was challenging him.
LOL

With two Mastiffs you could probably sleep in the middle of the street in the roughest part of town.

The fact that your monster dog was afraid of the little guy though is too funny!
Thanks for the laugh

Ken

PS - Sounds like you have a nice dog. I always appreciate that and think it says a lot about somebody.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:13 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,607,287 times
Quote:
My neighbor, a police officer, and I were discussing this subject last night. He says those of you who like to sleep with a window opened are statistics waiting to happen. He quoted the famous Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as Stupid does".
My next door neighbor is a cop and he sleeps with his window open. Hell, I think I have seen him asleep in his back yard...LOL...

Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,510 times
I always sleep with my windows and doors open. Nice and cool. Back in the day in mesa, in not the best of neighborhoods, me and my brother/friends would sleep in the back yard on our trampoline.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Motley weighed in Sat at the vet at a whopping 255lbs.
What in the world is this?! You sure it's not a mixed breed (with an elephant perhaps )?!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:29 PM

31 posts, read 117,469 times
Of course I sleep with my window open at night if it is nice enough outside. However I will say if my dogs start growling at all Mr. Glock that sits on my night stand ends up in my hands.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 PM

641 posts, read 2,366,828 times
Being large city, even if you live in the best neighborhoods, I would never sleep with a window open. Thieves etc strike anywhere. They dont just rob thier own neighborhoods.
When I was a kid, I used to sleep oustide on the trampaline because I thought it was fun,lol but those days are long gone. We had a canal behind out home. Nowdays, you never know who walks those canals at night!

Living here, I live in a good area, and got robbed while was at home working in my office. Turned out to be the neighbors teenage son. Now my alarm is armed all the time, even when home. I have had a car stollen, one week after I bought it, one car broke into. The main problem in this city really is auto theft, but no, I would never leave a window open at night. My neighbor cought a guy trying to break into my car once, and chased him down the street. ( I dont recomend that either, you never know who has guns)

Old 02-13-2008, 07:18 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
My next door neighbor is a cop and he sleeps with his window open. Hell, I think I have seen him asleep in his back yard...LOL...
I think I saw him too, laying there naked as a jaybird. Gawd what an awful sight. With a sight like that he'd probably scare everyone away...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area