Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 06:04 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,922,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I hope you don't honestly think everything is going to be clean and new forever.
this is called finding the "dark cloud inside a silver lining"..
Looking for the negative in every thing is not the key to a happy life..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 07:47 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,303,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I hope you don't honestly think everything is going to be clean and new forever.
Just a lot longer than CA.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:06 PM

11 posts, read 17,098 times
Woah i never would’ve thought my post would get so many responces i assumed the moderators deleted it since i couldn’t find it anymore on the LA forums but it seems they have moved it to the Phoenix forums

I’v read every single one of your guy’s responds and i’m glad we can all agree how great the quality of life it is here in Arizona.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:39 AM

94 posts, read 148,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Desert Rat View Post
I love the beach to but i doubt you even go more than twice a year.

I went to a movie premier in Hollywood in 2 weeks ago. It took 10 minutes to get to the airport from my house. I boarded my plane in less than 30 mins. I landed in LA 45 mins later, I rode the (FREE) shuttle to the Redline and I was in downtown Hollywood in 15 mins. Took me less than two hours from the time I left my house in Phoenix to get to downtown Hollywood. I was meeting friends there and one got stuck in traffic coming from Orange County and it wound up taking him longer to get to Hollywood than me.
I work in LAX as a pilot for a major airline. Often times I will finish a trip, jumpseat to PHX and drive to Ahwatukee. I often make it home before the other pilot I was flying with makes it home in SoCal, unless they live extremely close to LAX.

I'd estimate around 40% of our pilot group in LAX commutes to PHX to live. Most of us can afford to live out there but prefer not to.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:04 AM

635 posts, read 784,864 times
I notice so many people escaping California and coming to Arizona. It is ok as long as they don't bring all the strange thinking that screwed up California, To Arizona. It must be nice to sell a house and move somewhere that the housing is much cheaper. for locals, the wages are so low that housing is insanely priced.I often wonder if the folks from CA. Contribute to this problem.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:34 PM

11 posts, read 17,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydude24 View Post
I work in LAX as a pilot for a major airline. Often times I will finish a trip, jumpseat to PHX and drive to Ahwatukee. I often make it home before the other pilot I was flying with makes it home in SoCal, unless they live extremely close to LAX.

I'd estimate around 40% of our pilot group in LAX commutes to PHX to live. Most of us can afford to live out there but prefer not to.
Thank you for sharing. I found that short story alot more interesting than you may think it was. It makes you change the way you think about commuting. I’m sure there are many in the Northeast whom air-commute within the Bos-Wash mega region.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:41 PM

2,496 posts, read 1,874,117 times
Methinks the OP doth protesteth too much.....

Old 12-27-2017, 06:01 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,664,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
I notice so many people escaping California and coming to Arizona. It is ok as long as they don't bring all the strange thinking that screwed up California, To Arizona. It must be nice to sell a house and move somewhere that the housing is much cheaper. for locals, the wages are so low that housing is insanely priced.I often wonder if the folks from CA. Contribute to this problem.
Trust me, you're better off with that problem than the one California has... all the people moving in are homeless, welfare recipients, uneducated, unskilled, illegal aliens... and then they all moan and cry about how expensive housing is and how they want rent control, Section 8, handouts, subsidies, basically for working people to pick up the tab for them. Housing in many parts of CA is a shell game, driven by regulations, taxes, insane financing, and basically far too many people trying to live in not nearly enough houses.

Don't worry, if/when this soon-to-be-ex-Californian arrives in Phoenix, he intends to leave all of California behind and do as the Romans do

Old 12-28-2017, 09:22 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,969,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Scottsdale is a wannabe Orange County, but hotter and filled with more racist, New Money douchebags.
Half the people in Scottsdale are ex-Californians. Think about that for a minute.

And "new money"? Most people bring their big money from CA, NY, IL, etc, and a lot of it is old money.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:27 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,303,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
Wages aren't always low for locals. It depends on what you do for a living. I see you maintain in many of your posts that wages are low or minimum wage. You must hang around minimum wage folks. There are a plethora of professional jobs in the Valley that pay well just like there are anywhere else. Of course, if one lacks the skills to garner a job that is in high demand or that requires a higher amount of advanced education then one is relegated to market forces. Supply and demand rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area