Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:32 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,811 times

Advertisements

Another political thread in the woring forum. How much more of this is going to happen?
This forum is for talking about Phoenix, the Valley and related quality of life issues.

If you all want to flame each other over the election that's OK but please do it elsewhere.

Where the heck are the mods???

Old 11-06-2008, 10:19 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
I actually feel bad for this country now.....i'm ashamed that so many americans are so blind and were so fooled by obama's lies....how sad is that. Oh well, guess there will just have to be many many "told ya' so's" going around soon

Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 AM

338 posts, read 1,624,933 times
I don't care what anyone says, it was a landslide, maybe not the biggest landslide, but nevertheless, a landslide and I am THRILLED about it! I can see clearly now the republicans are gone!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
Another political thread in the woring forum. How much more of this is going to happen?
This forum is for talking about Phoenix, the Valley and related quality of life issues.

If you all want to flame each other over the election that's OK but please do it elsewhere.

Where the heck are the mods???
Haha, good question. Haven't seen much of the Phx mods. This thread was going to be moved until the OP mentioned AZ. It's actually pretty tame so far.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
i'm ashamed that so many americans are so blind and were so fooled by obama's lies...
Like what?

Old 11-06-2008, 10:51 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times
I congratulate Obama and all but I hardly call it a landslide. He won in the way most predicted, but in a landslide?

Take a look at the map of America on this link, now this is what you call a landslide;

United States presidential election, 1980 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-06-2008, 10:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
McCain probably couldn't have won with Palin on the ticket. Maybe a female politician who wasn't so extreme, and provincial. Don't get me wrong--I like Sarah Palin, actually, I think she's charming and charismatic and all that, but she was just the wrong pick for this campaign, this year. McCain and a moderate like Chuck Hagel or Joe Lieberman would have made for a killer team. They still might have lost, but Obama would have been a lot more on the defensive about his lack of experience. The minute Sarah got on board, it took all the pressure off Obama to prove he had the experience.
that is a point not mentioned, the experience thing. In retrospect I agree she may not have been a good choice. At the time I thought she was and I do like her gutsy attitude. The right wingers would have come around to McCain regardless of who he picked the indepence, which are growing all the time would have been happier with a Liberman type.

NIta

Old 11-06-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Like what?
lol....might be easier to say what he didn't lie about.......that'd be way faster but here....take your pic

Wake up America: Politico Busts Barack Obama In More Lies

Black LA Talk Radio Host Exposes Obama Lies

this one is really good....

Obama LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES | AUDACITY OF TRUTH | Obama Lies | ObamaLies.com | OBAMA LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES

Jill Stanek, Obama lies about Abortion, Babies not persons, Fox News, Obama lies, Jerome Corsi, David freddoso, Obama Abortion stance « Citizen Wells

and i'm super Pi$$ed that I have to pay for some hood rat's anual abortions.....sad world and now, according to Biden, American has to watch it's back while Obama is in office because of the threat of terrorist attacks.....lovely...donchyathink?

Old 11-06-2008, 11:00 AM

345 posts, read 1,016,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLeeVegas View Post
The people have spoken.

In a very loud voice!

The " Joe Sixpacks and Joe the Plumbers " of America saw through

the travesty that was Sarah Palin and John McCain.

What a great victory!

Now let's go paint this town BLUE!
It was NOT a landslide. It wasn't a mandate. At least 48% of the population DID NOT vote for Obama. And, if you factor in the Acorn fraud, the vote count for Obama was probably lower.

Sorry, you may have gotten your victory for the person you wanted but "the people" did not speak.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceivedinKY51 View Post
It was NOT a landslide. It wasn't a mandate. At least 48% of the population DID NOT vote for Obama. And, if you factor in the Acorn fraud, the vote count for Obama was probably lower.

Sorry, you may have gotten your victory for the person you wanted but "the people" did not speak.
A'Men to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area