Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:40 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times

Advertisements

The T runs from the southern neighborhoods of the city into downtown. If you're using the T, you'll have to transfer to an Oakland bus downtown to get to the Museum of Art and the Museum of Natural History, which is easy. You could walk from downtown to the Warhol and the Science Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 07:35 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The T runs from the southern neighborhoods of the city into downtown. If you're using the T, you'll have to transfer to an Oakland bus downtown to get to the Museum of Art and the Museum of Natural History, which is easy.
Indeed. In fact, any of the 61A, 61B, or 61C will drop you off at the Carnegie in Oakland.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:41 PM

36 posts, read 246,519 times
Thank you so much for all your help.We are going to the South Hills,and
Pittsburgh area this summer for vacation and exploring places to
relocate to.Again thank you for your help.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:54 PM

5 posts, read 33,471 times
Port Authority bus info [url=http://www.portauthority.org/paac/default.aspx]Port Authority - Home[/url]

Port Authority fares [url=http://www.portauthority.org/PAAC/FaresPasses/Fares/tabid/122/Default.aspx]Fares[/url]

Find a zip code [url=http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp]USPS - ZIP Code Lookup - Search By Address[/url]

area code list [url=http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Marina/9505/areacode.html]Area Codes[/url]

Last edited by Bunni; 06-01-2008 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: can someone fix the links for me : )

Old 06-12-2008, 11:34 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
The City of Pittsburgh Police blotter site was just brought to my attention: www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us - /police/blotter/ (http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/police/blotter/ - broken link)

Kind of interesting to see what's going on and where.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:12 AM

98 posts, read 314,448 times
I just want to say thank you everyone for posting all these cool and interesting links on Pittsburgh. I live in Columbus, OH however was born and raised in Warren, PA a couple hours north of Pittsburgh. I moved out of PA to NC and then got transferred to Columbus and just have not been happy out here. My parents tried to get me to move to Pittsburgh after High School and go to college there, but I was determined to leave PA. I love Pittsburgh and visit a couple times a year to of course go to IKEA

I remember my Senior year in High School and about a year after before moving to NC driving with a bunch of friends to Pittsburgh to have some fun. I had a blast everytime I went and met so many great people. In about three years I have the opportunity to get transferred back to Charlotte or take a chance and move somewhere else. I have really been considering Pittsburgh, I'm not fond of winter, however everytime I have drove through there during winter, it is raining and Columbus is getting the snowstorms so maybe my impression of horrible snowy winters in Pittsburgh is not the case. I really miss the hills and beautiful views PA has to offer, it's too freakin flat out here.

I'm in the finance industry with a Masters in Finance and just wondering if Pittsburgh's Accounting and Banking sector is really strong to make it easier to find a job if I pick Pittsburgh.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:01 AM

36 posts, read 246,519 times
I would like to say thank you as well! very helpful!

Old 07-07-2008, 08:19 AM

50 posts, read 50,337 times
Since everyone is being so helpful, I have a question. How do I make it so when I log in I don't have to reread all the posts again? Is there anyway where just the ones I haven't read show up? Thanks you all good fellow pittsbughers.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:02 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Click on the button at the top of the thread 'view unread' or the little 'down arrow' on the main page by the thread you want to view.
Check here for other hints/FAQs
http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Now back on topic

Old 07-30-2008, 03:42 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
Thumbs up Pittsburgh Wiki, you can help make change

The CitiWiki Project - CityLive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh