Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2020, 10:19 PM

806 posts, read 262,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It was an extremely funny experience. We walked in and most everyone turned around and stared. We couldn’t care less what color they were, but they sure took notice of us.
I suspect it wasn't about the color you were, either.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:21 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,339,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
I suspect it wasn't about the color you were, either.
Lmao, it no doubt was, especially when we went into the bar section.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:08 AM

4,185 posts, read 2,986,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
1.) I’m assuming this is Capri Pizza.

2.) I picture you looking like Yosemite Sam, so, yes, of course you’re going to draw stares.

Um. No. Downtown Pittsburgh will never have any retail scene rivaling Center City Philadelphia. It has a fraction of the population, and retail in general is waning. This Target, however, will be perpetually packed, just like the one in East Liberty is.

Yes. There’s a certain “aura” of pretense around the East End. It’s palpable. Now that I’m on the North Side it feels like a whole different city after living in the East End. Oh, and we were gentrified out by richer white folks despite gladhands or xdv8 or one of them telling me that white-on-white gentrification wasn’t happening in Polish Hill. We’re happy to be North Siders now, though. With our $60,000 combined annual incomes over here we feel middle-class instead of poor, as we felt in Polish Hill.
Capri pizza? I would get stares in that place. Capri has the best reggae night.

I never suggested that Pittsburgh would rival Philadelphia in any way. You cannot compare the two. I did suggest adding a few of the many discount retailers to downtown Pittsburgh.

My house was less than 60K in 1999. The house was paid off quite a few years ago. Low housing costs allowed my wife to stay home and raise children. This was her dream......happy wife happy life. We enjoyed a middle class lifestyle in the east end.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Capri pizza? I would get stares in that place. Capri has the best reggae night.

I never suggested that Pittsburgh would rival Philadelphia in any way. You cannot compare the two. I did suggest adding a few of the many discount retailers to downtown Pittsburgh.

My house was less than 60K in 1999. The house was paid off quite a few years ago. Low housing costs allowed my wife to stay home and raise children. This was her dream......happy wife happy life. We enjoyed a middle class lifestyle in the east end.
Hopefully I’m never back in that area, but if I am, and it’s reggae night, I’m definitely going in.

The least dumpy part of that street other than the hospital a few blocks down, was the Harley parked on the sidewalk right in front of the store the owner of it obviously worked at or owned. Probably didn’t want it stolen parked on the street all day.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I have had erie on ignore for a very long time, but whatever.
Lol. You’ve been saying this for years but still respond to my posts. You’re too nebby to ignore anyone.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:03 AM

6,360 posts, read 5,086,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Hopefully I’m never back in that area, but if I am, and it’s reggae night, I’m definitely going in.

The least dumpy part of that street other than the hospital a few blocks down, was the Harley parked on the sidewalk right in front of the store the owner of it obviously worked at or owned. Probably didn’t want it stolen parked on the street all day.

you said it was Shadyside Hospital. you are saying Centre Avenue is 'dumpy'?

i have absolutely nothing to add to this thread.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:47 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,100,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
You must have just watched one of Trumps scared white people commercials.
No, just any news source reporting on any city in the US. My comment wasn't racial. You seem to create that all the time however. If you watch news you will notice Target seems to be a target often. I am sure it will be in Pittsburgh as well. Trumps ads have nothing to do with race either. It has to do with enjoying cities without the idiots destroying them. I don't go downtown anymore though. Not into all the graffiti everywhere. Just brings me down. Can't ride a bike down there without seeing all the political made up nonsense that is to create as much controversy as possible before the election. Wish people were smart enough to realize presidents really mean about nothing to the everyday person. It is all just made up crap by people who can't cut it no matter who the president is, so they "act out" or whine together in their little groups playing the victim. It isn't a racial issue, it is a mental health issue.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:52 AM

806 posts, read 262,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
No, just any news source reporting on any city in the US. My comment wasn't racial. You seem to create that all the time however. If you watch news you will notice Target seems to be a target often. I am sure it will be in Pittsburgh as well. Trumps ads have nothing to do with race either. It has to do with enjoying cities without the idiots destroying them. I don't go downtown anymore though. Not into all the graffiti everywhere. Just brings me down. Can't ride a bike down there without seeing all the political made up nonsense that is to create as much controversy as possible before the election. Wish people were smart enough to realize presidents really mean about nothing to the everyday person. It is all just made up crap by people who can't cut it no matter who the president is, so they "act out" or whine together in their little groups playing the victim. It isn't a racial issue, it is a mental health issue.
When you completely disregard “made up political nonsense” that’s mostly people of color asking the police to quit killing them, it is absolutely a race thing.

I was downtown yesterday. Had a nice ride. Rode my bike up to Mt. Washington and took some pictures of our beautiful city. If some people saying “please quit killing us” is enough for you to stay away, you never liked our city more than you disliked it’s residents anyway.

When you completely disregard the concerns of people who aren’t like you, you’re telling them that this is a society for and about people like you, and that everyone else is going to live their lives on your terms whether they like it or not.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:41 AM

994 posts, read 506,433 times
Quote:
When you completely disregard the concerns of people who aren’t like you, you’re telling them that this is a society for and about people like you, and that everyone else is going to live their lives on your terms whether they like it or not.
Exactly.

And unfortunately, news about Target coming to downtown got highjacked into yet another generic AM radio talking point puke fest about "those people."

The agenda to turn this into the right wing gutter that is the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum is continuing.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
Exactly.

And unfortunately, news about Target coming to downtown got highjacked into yet another generic AM radio talking point puke fest about "those people."

The agenda to turn this into the right wing gutter that is the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum is continuing.
You must listen to a lot of AM radio, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh