Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2020, 10:02 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,589,297 times

Advertisements

To be scrupulously fair, even before he got here, there were frequently days where gg and erieguy going back and forth were most of the forum traffic with the occasional interjection from Independent who was lickig his chops any time it seemed like Pittsburgh might fare poorly. I’m not sure throwing a left winger into the mix has made it any worse. It was already pretty reactionary.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:11 AM

806 posts, read 261,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
To be scrupulously fair, even before he got here, there were frequently days where gg and erieguy going back and forth were most of the forum traffic with the occasional interjection from Independent who was lickig his chops any time it seemed like Pittsburgh might fare poorly. I’m not sure throwing a left winger into the mix has made it any worse. It was already pretty reactionary.
The first page of threads on this forum are a pretty good indicator of what happens when you let reactionaries control the flow of discussion without any sort of check.

Describing 300,000+ souls as being "low quality people" is not acceptable discourse in polite company, and permitting that sort of speech just attracts more of the same.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:17 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,045,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
I have had erie on ignore for a very long time, but whatever.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:22 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,589,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I have had erie on ignore for a very long time, but whatever.
Independent then. I can’t tell you apart and I forget who says what.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,284,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
The first page of threads on this forum are a pretty good indicator of what happens when you let reactionaries control the flow of discussion without any sort of check.

Describing 300,000+ souls as being "low quality people" is not acceptable discourse in polite company, and permitting that sort of speech just attracts more of the same.
I don’t recall anyone saying that, just that it’s a low quality city that people don’t want to come to and make it their home, hence the population numbers for many years.

Other than friends/family, and a few destinations, I’m not going to miss it. We only have around 5 more months of living here and I’m certainly not going to miss the area, especially the weather.

Old 07-24-2020, 02:17 PM

4,181 posts, read 2,973,324 times
This Target store will most likely attract additional retail to downtown Pittsburgh. This target will serve a large area outside of downtown. The store is smaller and will likely mirror the pop up Target in Manhattan. This Target will offer everything with scaled down displays and more trendy merchandise.

Hopefully this will convince developers to get started with the former Frank and Cedar department across Smithfield street. In the 90s Pittsburgh mayor Tom Murphy started an ambitious downtown street reconstruction program. Before this Liberty and Penn Avenues had asphalt paving patches throughout with no street trees or crosswalks. The street lights and signs were rusted, hazardous and without uniformity. To date Fort Duquesne Blvd, Penn Ave, Liberty Avenue, Forbes Ave and Wood St had complete overhauls including drainage, brick crosswalks and street trees. We never got around to completing Smithfield, Blvd of the Allies or Ft Pitt Blvd. The momentum stopped after the Fifth and Forbes retail development fell through.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:23 PM

7,743 posts, read 5,544,091 times
Target has opened 5 stores in Center City Philly over the last few years, I am sure if the first store is successful they will open additional ones.

Old 07-24-2020, 04:28 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,045,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Target has opened 5 stores in Center City Philly over the last few years, I am sure if the first store is successful they will open additional ones.
With how unfriendly the city has become and protesters that seem to alway start in front of Target, I wish them well. As soon as some cop somewhere does anything remotely questionable, it will be looted and vandalized. We are always living in a ticking time bomb with the left taking down everything.

Old 07-24-2020, 04:33 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,284,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
With how unfriendly the city has become and protesters that seem to alway start in front of Target, I wish them well. As soon as some cop somewhere does anything remotely questionable, it will be looted and vandalized. We are always living in a ticking time bomb with the left taking down everything.
Bingo

Old 07-24-2020, 04:34 PM

994 posts, read 504,576 times
Quote:
It's a good way to adapt to smaller spaces and changing retail habits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh