Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2020, 04:49 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,579,001 times

Advertisements

Good for Target, but I prefer Kohl's.

Miss the old forum, back then it wasn't so politically charged. Too few contributing these days. As to Yac, it's a new one. The old Yac left over a year ago. Pretty cool guy, from the Ukraine, changed careers.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:00 PM

4,179 posts, read 2,971,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
With how unfriendly the city has become and protesters that seem to alway start in front of Target, I wish them well. As soon as some cop somewhere does anything remotely questionable, it will be looted and vandalized. We are always living in a ticking time bomb with the left taking down everything.
You must have just watched one of Trumps scared white people commercials.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,277,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
You must have just watched one of Trumps scared white people commercials.
Lol. You confuse being scared with not wanting to deal with a bunch of criminals.

With the way the protesting criminals work in packs while looting for their opportunistic gains, they’re obviously too cowardly to do it any other way. Trump cleaning these losers up is a wonderful thing.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. You confuse being scared with not wanting to deal with a bunch of criminals.

With the way the protesting criminals work in packs while looting for their opportunistic gains, they’re obviously too cowardly to do it any other way. Trump cleaning these losers up is a wonderful thing.
I was in the East Liberty Target yesterday. The store was lively and lacked scared white folk. Just everyday city folk living life.........not one protester in sight. Not one.

The downtown Target store will be a good fit similar to the East Liberty retail added within the last 10 years.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I was in the East Liberty Target yesterday. The store was lively and lacked scared white folk. Just everyday city folk living life.........not one protester in sight. Not one.

The downtown Target store will be a good fit similar to the East Liberty retail added within the last 10 years.
Considering how high black on black violent crime is, you should be scared.

Last time I was in that Target I was visiting a friend at Shadyside Hospital. Hopefully it’s better as that place and that area was pretty dumpy. I remember going to a pizza shop when we were down there visiting just up from the hospital. We were the only “white folk” in there. Was truly hilarious how we were looked at.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Last time I was in that Target I was visiting a friend at Shadyside Hospital. Hopefully it’s better as that place and that area was pretty dumpy. I remember going to a pizza shop when we were down there visiting just up from the hospital. We were the only “white folk” in there. Was truly hilarious how we were looked at.
Like the rapper bone crusher said " I ain't neva scared" I own a home in the "hood" and do not live life scared....for what?

I no longer work in finance. I am now a social services professional with a staff responsible for healing broken and traumatized families. Black on black crime pales in comparison to the 1990s. Inner city neighborhoods are less dense and not a isolated as they once were. This is why black neighborhoods did not burn during the protests. It was mainly gentrified areas. This was the case in many cities. I should add that my agency was started in the 90s to combat the ravaging effects of the crack epidemic. Fast forward to 2020 and our black agency is responsible for healing and reconnecting white families of all demographics ravaged by the heroin and opioid epidemic. Heroin and opioid addiction is running through white communities coast to coast. Cranberry is not immune to the damaging impact of addiction. Families and children are experiencing real trauma and I deal with it daily....That is something to be scared of...... In three years I have lost many white parents to addiction. Scary!

Old 07-24-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Like the rapper bone crusher said " I ain't neva scared" I own a home in the "hood" and do not live life scared....for what?

I no longer work in finance. I am now a social services professional with a staff responsible for healing broken and traumatized families. Black on black crime pales in comparison to the 1990s. Inner city neighborhoods are less dense and not a isolated as they once were. This is why black neighborhoods did not burn during the protests. It was mainly gentrified areas. This was the case in many cities. I should add that my agency was started in the 90s to combat the ravaging effects of the crack epidemic. Fast forward to 2020 and our black agency is responsible for healing and reconnecting white families of all demographics ravaged by the heroin and opioid epidemic. Heroin and opioid addiction is running through white communities coast to coast. Cranberry is not immune to the damaging impact of addiction. Families and children are experiencing real trauma and I deal with it daily....That is something to be scared of...... In three years I have lost many white parents to addiction. Scary!
Great strawman argument. The bottom line is black on black violence is huge but you’re as scared as ever of “white folk”. Could’ve fit silver dollars in the eyes of the black folk when we walked into that pizza shop. We even walked into the bar area after eating. Could’ve heard a pin drop.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:49 PM

Hopefully this Target can attract additional discount/outlet retailers. Center City Philadelphia did a wonderful job of fitting a Bloomingdale's and Off Saks in multi floored historic structures..........Now all we need is Uniqlo and Zara.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Great strawman argument. The bottom line is black on black violence is huge but you’re as scared as ever of “white folk”. Could’ve fit silver dollars in the eyes of the black folk when we walked into that pizza shop. We even walked into the bar area after eating. Could’ve heard a pin drop.

Black on black crime is a huge issue. I do not deny that in anyway shape or form. I have a black son and I am overly concerned for his safety at all times. I am consumed with it lately as he is on his was to college. For the first time in his life I am not in control of his every move......that is scary...really.

The fear of a black parent is double sided. Keeping the "streets" away from your children while at the same time fearing someone will view your black son as something other than my youngest baby who is dearly loved and valued....yes this is scary but I do not live in fear. I pray over my children daily and do get peace with that.

Scared of white folk? Me? Scared people would have coward in place. Young people took to the streets of every major city and fearlessly shut them down. At the same time forced the USA to acknowledge what black people have been saying for decades. Systemic racism exists. Police brutality exists.

What does black folk staring at you in a pizza shop have to do with anything.........Imagine my tall black ass walking into a conference room to facilitate in a room full of white folk........

Old 07-24-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:

I'll assume you looked or was acting weird in a non Shadyside / East End type of way. There is a difference. The East End is very diverse and most black residents are used to and live near white people.....East End white people....there is a noticeable difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh