Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 11:12 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
No
Still no proof to back up your claims. Not surprising.

Old 03-06-2023, 02:26 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Big Ed is incompetent, hence Fitzgerald offered to help bail him out with sending county police into the city to help deal with the violence. If Big Ed was able to address the issue there wouldn’t be so much violence to begin with and help wouldn’t be needed.
all local democrats seem to be. one running to replace Fitz came to my door the other way. in mid sentence, i said "hey, not interested"....

...because i already looked at his website and saw sheer stupidity. home boy thinks he's going to conquer "wealth disparity", and that section of his website talks about home ownership.

in terms of the progressives, the simple version can read "giving crap to people who do not necessarily earn it", rather than teaching a man to fish.

what will happen in 15 years when that affordable home needs a new heating unit, has a leak in the roof, etc. chances are, the owner is not going to have the funds on hand to correct the mounting issues that come w/ owning a house.

but these young progressives...they just 'believe, baby, believe'. its like a junior high social studies class wants to be in charge or something.

Old 03-06-2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
all local democrats seem to be. one running to replace Fitz came to my door the other way. in mid sentence, i said "hey, not interested"....

...because i already looked at his website and saw sheer stupidity. home boy thinks he's going to conquer "wealth disparity", and that section of his website talks about home ownership.

in terms of the progressives, the simple version can read "giving crap to people who do not necessarily earn it", rather than teaching a man to fish.
what will happen in 15 years when that affordable home needs a new heating unit, has a leak in the roof, etc. chances are, the owner is not going to have the funds on hand to correct the mounting issues that come w/ owning a house.

but these young progressives...they just 'believe, baby, believe'. its like a junior high social studies class wants to be in charge or something.
Just raise taxes and let those that vote for muh progressiveness foot the bill since they’re not volunteering to take these poor entitled folks in and give them reparations, free stuff, etc…, themselves…and if Big Ed would just get rid of all the meanie Boomers these folks wouldn’t be in such positions, lol. I’m sure he has a plan to work it all out with what the article addressed of his much incompetence.

Old 03-06-2023, 02:55 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Just raise taxes and let those that vote for muh progressiveness foot the bill since they’re not volunteering to take these poor entitled folks in and give them reparations, free stuff, etc…, themselves…and if Big Ed would just get rid of all the meanie Boomers these folks wouldn’t be in such positions, lol. I’m sure he has a plan to work it all out with what the article addressed of his much incompetence.
well, it will come to that...and the middle class will take it up the jeester, as usual.

the rich can absorb that, and if at the local level, they can and will relocate, as growth trends have show over 30 years (wash county, butler county, etc.) where the wealthy and middle class also have chosen to live and work.

meanwhile, the river towns of Glassport, et al....well, the likes of Fetterman will save those places! someday.

Old 03-06-2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
well, it will come to that...and the middle class will take it up the jeester, as usual.

the rich can absorb that, and if at the local level, they can and will relocate, as growth trends have show over 30 years (wash county, butler county, etc.) where the wealthy and middle class also have chosen to live and work.

meanwhile, the river towns of Glassport, et al....well, the likes of Fetterman will save those places! someday.
Folks reap what they sow when they vote for such nonsense, especially when folks leave those areas and take their tax dollars with them.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:40 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
Quote:

If people want to fight wealth disparity and a lack of affordable houses in Allegheny County then they must want to stop more well-heeled transplants from moving here, and want to get rid of the ones who are already here. I'm not sure how they'll do that, but that's what's causing the problems in these areas, as far as I can tell.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:45 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
Quote:
Yes you do live in fear. You are scared to admit it. It is a vicious cycle but there is help for that. It’s most likely free stuff if you’re insured. If not there are mental illness charities. Seek help immediately as your condition does not get better. You shouldn’t ignore your condition.
Do you really believe that these guys live in terror every day of being shot or robbed? They're just dumping on Democratic party rule with this talk; I thought that that was pretty obvious. You could say that they're being way overboard with it, but the Democrats just provide so much material.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Do you really believe that these guys live in terror every day of being shot or robbed? They're just dumping on Democratic party rule with this talk; I thought that that was pretty obvious. You could say that they're being way overboard with it, but the Democrats just provide so much material.
Bingo…and especially coming from someone that’s said they fear for them and their families lives from the police, lol.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:39 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
They’re at least tormented. To focus on one issue everyday is a indication. The fear-mongering of their fellow out of touch right wing extremists is another indication. Above all else I say exactly what I want to say. Who are you? The Republicans have played themselves over and over. The right provides much more material and continue to fail.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:59 PM

Quote:
They’re at least tormented. To focus on one issue everyday is a indication. The fear-mongering of their fellow out of touch right wing extremists is another indication. Above all else I say exactly what I want to say. Who are you? The Republicans have played themselves over and over. The right provides much more material and continue to fail.
Actually, city folks crying that something needs done which includes yourself, the media that reports the constant violence, Big Ed who constantly cries for help from citizens, etc…, are tormented. Folks have enabled this nonsense to happen and get worse, hence it gets reported most everyday...and you’ve told us many times you fear for you and your families lives from the police. That’s definitely a fearful way to live everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh