Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 07:24 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,038,833 times

Advertisements

Brain-eating amoebas are terrifying, because like rabies, there's no known treatment. Once you get infected you're dead within about two weeks.

At least it's not contagious, and the only known method of getting it is having water get in your nose.

Old 03-03-2023, 07:57 AM

987 posts, read 280,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Tap water that has not been sterilized isn't safe to use as a nasal rinse since it's not adequately filtered or treated, and so it may contain low levels of microorganisms, such as bacteria and protozoa, including amoebas, according to the US Food and Drug.

A warning to all everywhere. Read instructions before doing things. There are micro organisms in tap water. Who knew?
Um….just about everyone knew.

Old 03-03-2023, 08:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Um….just about everyone knew.
Lol. You obviously missed the sarcasm

Old 03-03-2023, 08:39 PM

Great to see. Hopefully more arrests to come.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/vide...edium=news_tab

Old 03-03-2023, 08:56 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Great to see. Hopefully more arrests to come.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/vide...edium=news_tab
just want to point out that in the other thread, the discussion turned to black/white, urban/suburbs....

look, this narly looking mo-fo in the video is just a black downtown version of thousands of other losers everywhere and anywhere. they can be black, whiteys from up beaver county, wherever. lets just call it what it is - a cancer that affects us all, and forget the demographics.

any of these dog **** stains are just all the same, just a different neighborhood.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
just want to point out that in the other thread, the discussion turned to black/white, urban/suburbs....

look, this narly looking mo-fo in the video is just a black downtown version of thousands of other losers everywhere and anywhere. they can be black, whiteys from up beaver county, wherever. lets just call it what it is - a cancer that affects us all, and forget the demographics.

any of these dog **** stains are just all the same, just a different neighborhood.
Deflection to the suburbs is no surprise, especially by those that vote for it and reap what they sow because of it. The city will continue to get worse as I predicted a few years ago...and the longer clown show regimes like Gainey are voted in the worse it’ll get.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:07 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,775,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailerman9192 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I’m very hopeful for the future here!

Sorry I didn’t go to Penn Ave. I was just reporting as to what I observed in downtown on a Saturday when I visited. Tall buildings but underwhelming foot traffic for a Saturday. I think it can an should do better.
yeah downtown is not really a nightlife hotspot in Pittsburgh, and rarely has been for a long time. it did get a boost in the last decade but that is largely gone now due to safety issues . nightlife in Pittsburgh is in other hoods, many which have lots of foot traffic. the thing I don't get is I've been to Columbus on occasion and have always found the downtown very underwhelming and just blah. maybe you were in the OSU area, not really downtown?

Old 03-03-2023, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
yeah downtown is not really a nightlife hotspot in Pittsburgh, and rarely has been for a long time. it did get a boost in the last decade but that is largely gone now due to safety issues . nightlife in Pittsburgh is in other hoods, many which have lots of foot traffic. the thing I don't get is I've been to Columbus on occasion and have always found the downtown very underwhelming and just blah. maybe you were in the OSU area, not really downtown?
PreservationPioneer said it best here. Pittsburgh is a sleepy town.

You’re responding to someone in WV that’s been touting Columbus for years. They’re never going to tout Pittsburgh over Columbus for anything.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:28 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,775,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
PreservationPioneer said it best here. Pittsburgh is a sleepy town.

They’re in WV and have been touting Columbus for years. They’ve never touted Pittsburgh over Columbus for anything, and that also includes Cleveland.

Haha, I get the point. and I remember.

the truth is, Pittsburgh tends to be a really hit or miss type area. if you want high energy you have to be in the right place at the right time, and those places tend to move around. various areas seem to be either booming or deserted, and that often goes for individual restaurants nightclubs and bars too. I have noticed especially around the downtown area, bars/restaurants are often either empty or packed full, no happy medium. this might be due to having more organized/sponsored events in the city than most places, that is my guess.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Haha, I get the point. and I remember.

the truth is, Pittsburgh tends to be a really hit or miss type area. if you want high energy you have to be in the right place at the right time, and those places tend to move around. various areas seem to be either booming or deserted, and that often goes for individual restaurants nightclubs and bars too. I have noticed especially around the downtown area, bars/restaurants are often either empty or packed full, no happy medium. this might be due to having more organized/sponsored events in the city than most places, that is my guess.
There’s really not a lot of entertainment going on in Pittsburgh to draw big crowds for the duration of the night. It’s the usual places, venues, restaurants, areas, etc…, and there’s those that have desirable entertainment. We get together with family/friends wherever bars/restaurants take us on the where the entertainment is that day/night. There’s just not enough going on to make many area’s desirable enough to fill up. It’s why I remember that statement of being a sleepy city being said many years ago…and let’s not forget the skyrocketing violence that no doubt plays a factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh