Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2023, 02:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

He obviously needs more than just a new team

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/202302260080

Old 02-27-2023, 04:55 PM

10,844 posts, read 4,525,381 times
well, duh. pittsburgh cannot say it was not warned... but...yanno

Old 02-27-2023, 05:40 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He obviously needs more than just a new team

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/202302260080
He along with Fetterman are completely inept. They can't do the jobs. They got voted in on women's emotional vote. Nothing more. Hopefully women will figure it out and start thinking with logic instead of emotion. Historically, women were more emotional with their fainting couches and such, but as we "progress" they will need to do much better. OMG, I can't believe we have the likes of Gainey and Fetterman in leadership positions. WOW!!

Old 02-27-2023, 05:43 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
He along with Fetterman are completely inept. They can't do the jobs. They got voted in on women's emotional vote. Nothing more. Hopefully women will figure it out and start thinking with logic instead of emotion. Historically, women were more emotional with their fainting couches and such, but as we "progress" they will need to do much better. OMG, I can't believe we have the likes of Gainey and Fetterman in leadership positions. WOW!!
Believe it! Just look at who America elected for President and VP! We got exactly who we voted for! KARMA!

Old 02-27-2023, 05:46 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Believe it! Just look at who America elected for President and VP! We got exactly who we voted for! KARMA!
We have to start looking at the emotional voters and point them out. They aren't like ME, they don't have testosterone. We need to see it and realize that there was a time men only voted. We need strong leadership, not.... well OMG whatever we have now!!! Geez!

Old 02-27-2023, 06:40 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,526 times
Clueless, virtue signaling soccer moms and their castrati spouses are voters that are enabling inept hacks like Fetterwoman and Gainey get elected, along with the loathsome , lying, corrupt eggplant currently drooling and soiling his useless carcass in the White House.
The situation looks quite grim for the future as well, with their long indoctrinated spawn being even worse than their idiot parents

Old 02-28-2023, 04:21 AM

987 posts, read 279,887 times
Lol at the whining being displayed because their guy lost so badly.

Maybe it’s a clue that the ideas you hold so dear are like dinosaurs; ancient and out of touch.

I know it’s scary to imagine you’ll soon be in the minority in this country, because you know how minorities have been treated. Karma’s a *****, eh?

Old 02-28-2023, 04:28 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Don't worry. After reading this he will convene a panel to discuss having a meeting to select a committee to brainstorm ways to seek RFP's for ways to further the city through the power of thoughts and prayers and CommUnity.

Old 02-28-2023, 04:34 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Lol at the whining being displayed because their guy lost so badly.

Maybe it’s a clue that the ideas you hold so dear are like dinosaurs; ancient and out of touch.

I know it’s scary to imagine you’ll soon be in the minority in this country, because you know how minorities have been treated. Karma’s a *****, eh?
To be fair I was an ardent Peduto/Gilman supporter and feel as if the city wouldn't be in such dire straits right now if they won a third term. I'm also a city resident, homeowner, employee, and taxpayer.

I volunteer for 20 hours per week picking up litter in Marshall-Shadeland and California-Kirkbride. On Sunday I had a man from the Parks Department pull over, stop, thank me, and hand me a safety vest. A half-hour later one of the bosses of the DPW Division 1 (North Side) saw me, pulled over, and thanked me for what I was doing. He said that DPW is horribly understaffed right now, and they appreciate me for what I am doing. I work in Public Safety, and we are also horribly understaffed right now. Meanwhile most of the city's job postings are for virtue signaling "optics" positions that involve "Equity" or "Diversity" or "Coordinating". I also believe one of the positions was posted to attend the regional bridge planning/funding meetings that the Post-Gazette just knocked the mayor for blowing off.

Meanwhile he was supposed to choose a police chief by December. That never happened. Now he's saying April with no explanation for the delay. We are being run now by one great competent (but overworked) acting chief and a clown show of assistant chiefs who are all approaching retirement and who haven't kept up with the times technologically. One of these clowns told us none of us would get COVID because she went to a wedding where someone had Swine Flu, and she didn't get Swine Flu. At that same meeting we were also told Wolf was an idiot and not to listen to the mainstream media. We have now all had COVID---many of us through the lax protocols that were taken at our office---and we have yet to receive an apology for that meeting that, more or less, called COVID a hoax. I will be watching Gainey's choice for replacement chief very carefully.

Anyone who thinks Gainey has been doing a good job thus far is just giving him some brownie points for making history as our first Black mayor. Otherwise he's been an incompetent disaster who has only tried pandering to the ACAB crowd that loudly supported him. Maybe East Enders like him because their part of town is so affluent and so educated that it basically runs on autopilot and stays desirable regardless of what stooge is at the helm of the city. Those of us in neighborhoods teetering that could go "either way" in any given year in terms of trajectory realize a good mayor is actually important.

Old 02-28-2023, 04:50 AM

194 posts, read 85,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
To be fair I was an ardent Peduto/Gilman supporter and feel as if the city wouldn't be in such dire straits right now if they won a third term. I'm also a city resident, homeowner, employee, and taxpayer.

I volunteer for 20 hours per week picking up litter in Marshall-Shadeland and California-Kirkbride. On Sunday I had a man from the Parks Department pull over, stop, thank me, and hand me a safety vest. A half-hour later one of the bosses of the DPW Division 1 (North Side) saw me, pulled over, and thanked me for what I was doing. He said that DPW is horribly understaffed right now, and they appreciate me for what I am doing. I work in Public Safety, and we are also horribly understaffed right now. Meanwhile most of the city's job postings are for virtue signaling "optics" positions that involve "Equity" or "Diversity" or "Coordinating". I also believe one of the positions was posted to attend the regional bridge planning/funding meetings that the Post-Gazette just knocked the mayor for blowing off.

Meanwhile he was supposed to choose a police chief by December. That never happened. Now he's saying April with no explanation for the delay. We are being run now by one great competent (but overworked) acting chief and a clown show of assistant chiefs who are all approaching retirement and who haven't kept up with the times technologically. One of these clowns told us none of us would get COVID because she went to a wedding where someone had Swine Flu, and she didn't get Swine Flu. At that same meeting we were also told Wolf was an idiot and not to listen to the mainstream media. We have now all had COVID---many of us through the lax protocols that were taken at our office---and we have yet to receive an apology for that meeting that, more or less, called COVID a hoax. I will be watching Gainey's choice for replacement chief very carefully.

Anyone who thinks Gainey has been doing a good job thus far is just giving him some brownie points for making history as our first Black mayor. Otherwise he's been an incompetent disaster who has only tried pandering to the ACAB crowd that loudly supported him. Maybe East Enders like him because their part of town is so affluent and so educated that it basically runs on autopilot and stays desirable regardless of what stooge is at the helm of the city. Those of us in neighborhoods teetering that could go "either way" in any given year in terms of trajectory realize a good mayor is actually important.

Wow. I feel sorry for your situation there. Wheeling is getting better slowly but surely. We would be happy to welcome you in one of our new condos downtown . If you are looking to get out of there….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh