Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Just as big a mess though for Obama. Sorry, he is the president and all presidents before him have taken the blame for what happened when they were in office. Why does he get a pass?
Because he is "The One".

History books will tell the tale of the worst oil spill in history and it will be during his administration. No getting around those facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 05:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because he is "The One".

History books will tell the tale of the worst oil spill in history and it will be during his administration. No getting around those facts.
Oh? History will tell the tale of the biggest attack on our soil, the most worthless war all under Bush admin.

No getting around those facts. Bush will be remembered as the WORST.

I don't think history will blame Obama for the oil spill in the least.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh? History will tell the tale of the biggest attack on our soil, the most worthless war all under Bush admin.

No getting around those facts. Bush will be remembered as the WORST.

I don't think history will blame Obama for the oil spill in the least.
Which President is "the worst" is a matter of opinion, not fact and will not be noted in any history book.
Where did I indicate that Obama would be blamed ? I just said it will be noted to have happened during his administration.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:30 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Which President is "the worst" is a matter of opinion, not fact and will not be noted in any history book.
Where did I indicate that Obama would be blamed ? I just said it will be noted to have happened during his administration.
Really? I read a lot about which president was liked and who werent. I think it does go down but it will not be definite.

You implied this is Obamas mistake. Thats the impression I got.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:36 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I defy any person, liberal, conservative, or moderate, to provide good rationale as to why this is not "Obama's Katrina."

I'm looking for good, reasoned, rationale. Do you have any?

Neither Katrina nor the oil spill had anything to do with the president. A president has basically no real control over disaster relief. Neither should a president be in charge of a disaster relief effort. You have actual experts in the field that should be the ones heading the operations, since they actually know what they are doing. And that isn't an attack on either president. I mean, who are you going to call for heart surgery? A surgeon or the president?

All the president does in these incidents is just be a figurehead. He sits on TV whining about this or that, and swearing that he will make sure he does the right thing. But really, the president has very little actual power over these kinds of things. Which is why these promises rarely ever amount to much.

As for Katrina, I have no sympathy for anyone who builds a home along the gulf coast anyway. Especially in a place like New Orleans that was obviously a disaster waiting to happen. And I really have no sympathy for the people who knew days or weeks in advance to leave the area because a hurricane was coming. What was the president supposed to do? Go to every house in the city and drag these people out?

As for the oil spill, I feel absolutely nothing right now when it comes to the oil spill. I could really care less, I hope more oil spills happen. Because I feel no sympathy for all you whiners on these forums who I guarantee use oil every single day. I bet you've got the keys to your SUV in your pocket right now as you read this. You probably live in the suburbs and commute for at least an hour everyday and you don't carpool.

Even if we closed down all the off-shore oil rigs, we would just be importing more oil, sending more money to basically our enemies in the middle-east. Sending more money to fund terrorism. Sending them more money to develope nukes. You probably have no concept of what kinds of problems our oil addiction is causing us globally. Our oil addiction right now is causing us American lives daily, and it is causing hundreds of thousands of deaths in the middle-east.

If you want to know who is really to blame for the oil spill, next time you are filling up your gas tank, look in your side-view mirror, and you will see who is to blame. That same person is to blame for 9/11 and the Afghanistan war, and many other attrocities.

So don't come on this forum with your partisan bull****, trying to erroneously blame the wrong person for the oil spill, or Katrina, or anything else.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:45 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
I defy any person, liberal, conservative, or moderate, to provide good rationale as to why this is not "Obama's Katrina."

Yes, Here's one...

I didn't see any bodies piled up on the side of the highway. Did you?

Old 06-09-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Yes, Here's one...

I didn't see any bodies piled up on the side of the highway. Did you?
It might be a few years before any illness is reported from breathing in the oil fumes.

There are reports of folks who worked on the Valdez cleanup that had respiratory problems for years after.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:54 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
It might be a few years before any illness is reported from breathing in the oil fumes.

There are reports of folks who worked on the Valdez cleanup that had respiratory problems for years after.

and the thousands of survivors of Hurricain Katrina as well as 9-11 will for ever more have the visual memories of those two catastropies. Katrina victims will alway remember, being stuck in a house with a love one who died for days, or watching their childs body float away. 9-11 victims and those living by the towers are experiencing health issues.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Quit reaching and obsessing w/ Obama Aero, it's getting embarrassing even for me watching you flail about.
The point is not about me. The point is to foster discussion. Whether or not you participate in that discussion is up to you.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:

The greed and carelessness of the oil industry will always equal Bush I and II (and the Republicans) to most people so sorry not President Obama's "Katrina".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies