Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If they do not denounce the endorsement of David Duke in the Strongest possible terms, they will be tarred with the same brush in the minds of anyone who cares about it.

Silence implies consent and agreement.

The "proof" lies with whatever action the TP takes.
No they will not .

LMAO who are you to speak for all of humanity . Hahahahahah
go back to sleep YRH .

Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Although this is off topic..........how do you know stormfront is a CPM network as opposed to CPA or CPC?
You're not understanding how it works. There can be a combination of CPM, CPC, and CPA ads on the same website. For example:
AdvertiseIsland.com - Introducing Advertisers to Publishers

Quote:
From your link:

"While CPA (cost per action) and CPC (cost per click) ad networks offer advertising campaigns based upon specific actions such as clicking on an ad to view a web site, filling out a form or purchasing a product, CPM are specifically targeted at advertisers that want others to view their advertisement. In CPM ad networks, advertisers pay for the amount of traffic that simply views a web page with an advertisement or a pop up or pop under ad."
Correct. With CPM ads, the advertising network pays the website for the amount of traffic that views a page that has an ad.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:12 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
No they will not .

LMAO who are you to speak for all of humanity . Hahahahahah
go back to sleep YRH .
I was asked a question by another poster and you respond with a personal attack, clearly against the TOS.

I asked you a question, "when will Duke follow Byrd's example and renounce, denounce, and apologize for his involvement with the klan?", and you are strangely silent.

Care to try again?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:54 AM

640 posts, read 388,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I think if you don't make a big deal out of it, he will go away.
It is a big deal that Duke endorsed/defended the Tea Party in a video and published it. As someone else said, silence regarding that endorsement implies agreement and acceptance. Everybody knows that. The point is that the Tea Party is remaining silent about David Duke, just as it has remained silent about the other white supremacist group the NAACP brought up as an example of white racists in the Tea Party. That organization is Council of Conservative Citizens.

Perhaps if no one mentions the Duke endorsement, people will FORGET about it? Is that what the Tea Party is hoping for, that people will either not notice the Duke endorsement or if no one mentions it "it will go away"? Then they don't have to offend their white supremacits supporters and yet also not have to be held accountable?

Old 07-27-2010, 08:00 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,308 times
Quote:
I was asked a question by another poster and you respond with a personal attack, clearly against the TOS.

I asked you a question, "when will Duke follow Byrd's example and renounce, denounce, and apologize for his involvement with the klan?", and you are strangely silent.

Care to try again?
I answered , DUKE AND BYRD ARE THE KLAN . Care to read AGAIN.
The tea party has nothing to do with them . The black panthers are free to go to a tea party , if they would like . They like freedom , they could like and support it.

You wanting the tea party to be racist is your problem , it does not make it so.
Why should Duke apologize , he is a racist .

Old 07-27-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Just as the post in reference, you are trying to make bias when there is none. She is making claims of racism where there is no proof of racism. You ask me if I can disprove anything she wrote about, yet she cant prove what she wrote about. She is taking where states have enforced laws, and made claims that by enforcing state laws it is racism.

Take the example of the Florida Purge list. Florida state law is that these convicted felons do not have the right to vote. These votes were illegal, so therefore by law, they should be removed. She claims that removing illegal votes is racist. Sorry, but that is called upholding the law.
That purge list by Florida Secty of State is a whole "other story" and is too detailed to get into in this thread. However, let me just say that, as an example, the name of a Supervisor of Elections in Florida was on that list and that person was by no means a convicted felon. That was the issue with the purge list. It was compiled by taking a list of names, with no other identifying information, from Texas and sending it to Florida. Texas where the Bushes live. The list was inaccurate and was successful in intimidating people who were not felons but whose name ended up on the list.

If you want to talk in detail about the purge list in Florida, maybe you should start another thread

Back to topic. Are you a David Duke supporter and do you think that the Tea Party should ignore his endorsement or denounce his endorsement?

Old 07-27-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're not understanding how it works. There can be a combination of CPM, CPC, and CPA ads on the same website. For example:
AdvertiseIsland.com - Introducing Advertisers to Publishers

Correct. With CPM ads, the advertising network pays the website for the amount of traffic that views a page that has an ad.
How many advertisers are there on stormfront who pay for the CPM ads? If you don't know the answer to that, then you must be guessing that there are any advertisers at all who use the CPM method. Do you know any of the details of the arrangememnts stormfront has with its advertisers?

Btw, you do realize that stormfront has a small special forum for guesta, with maybe three or four threads, don't you? All other areas of that board are locked and one has to register and become a member to access them. I'm not a member and have never registered, so any CPM ads would have to be in the specific area open to guests in order for me to generate any income for stormfront. And, there are not very many guests using that part of the site, so I would think that any CPM ads would not generate much money in the guest area. Far, far more users in on the rest of the locked-down site. The link I had was sent to me by someone I know who monitors that site regularly. So I guess if the FBI monitors stormfront, they have to register to see what's going on.

You do realize that we have gotten very far off track here. David Duke has made a video basically endorsing the Tea Parties and has published that video. The NAACP has asked the Tea Parties to purge itself of white nationalists/supremacists, racists, and specifically named stormfront and Council of Conservative Citizens. The Tea Parties have ignored that request by NAACP, and now there is this endorsement by David Duke, probably the most well known white supremacists in the country. The Tea Party should, imo, make a public statement saying they do not want Duke's support/endorsement and they do not want other stormfront members involved in their political "movement."

Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
That purge list by Florida Secty of State is a whole "other story" and is too detailed to get into in this thread. However, let me just say that, as an example, the name of a Supervisor of Elections in Florida was on that list and that person was by no means a convicted felon. That was the issue with the purge list. It was compiled by taking a list of names, with no other identifying information, from Texas and sending it to Florida. Texas where the Bushes live. The list was inaccurate and was successful in intimidating people who were not felons but whose name ended up on the list.

If you want to talk in detail about the purge list in Florida, maybe you should start another thread

Back to topic. Are you a David Duke supporter and do you think that the Tea Party should ignore his endorsement or denounce his endorsement?
Of course unlike you I am not a white supremacist so of course I am not a supporter of Duke. I think it would be counter productive to be in support of someone that is/was a member of an organization that believes in the lynching of my family.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
If the TP doesn't act quickly and denounce Duke in no uncertain terms, he will become associated with the TP in the minds of a lot of people.

Look what happened to the idea of "heritage" when the Neonazis and the KKK co-opted the Confederate flag.
It won't matter. The dems had Byrd and they have the NBPP and your favorite, King Shabazz along with all the other racist minority groups. What's the matter? You don't like equality?

Old 07-27-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I answered , DUKE AND BYRD ARE THE KLAN . Care to read AGAIN.
The tea party has nothing to do with them . The black panthers are free to go to a tea party , if they would like . They like freedom , they could like and support it.

You wanting the tea party to be racist is your problem , it does not make it so.
Why should Duke apologize , he is a racist .
All of what you say about "freedom" is true..........and if the Tea Party wants to give the impression that it is a white racist organization, that's also their choice........and they should not be offended or surprised if they are shunned by many Americans as a result of that "image" they are putting out front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies