Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:04 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,027,817 times

Advertisements

I love Elton John and his music but I think it's really unfair to the child to have such an old father. That child is going to have to deal with the heartbreak of burying him at such a young age. I know a parent can be taken away at any time for any child but Elton John is no spring chicken. I realize that there are older people out there with high energy levels but from what I see it's not the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 11:10 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Generally speaking the kids of filthy rich people have pleasant lives. I'd rather see a rich gay senior having kids than an unemployed, uneducated, abusive and obtuse straight 20-year-old.

Blessings on the new family. Every child should be so wanted.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Since no one seems to want to voice this I will: the kid will be ostracized by other children because the parents are "different". My children suffered because my wife and I are different races. Why can't we be honest about this? The poor kid's going to pay a price.

Elton John is a lot of things, but "normal" is not one of them.
So you don't think parents are learning to teach their children that "different does not mean wrong"? I'm sorry your children were treated badly by others, but don't you think that experience taught them to see things from a different perspective? I have faith that the human population really can do better than they have done when it comes to how we treat other people. I've seen much progress in this area in the six decades I've been on the planet. I hope to see much more before I go.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:25 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotanker View Post
Yea lucky kid...hey my dad likes other men....yea how lucky...would you want to tell someone my dad sleeps ....no has sex with men!!! I don't think so!!!
What kid tells anyone who their parents have sex with? Yuck!!

Old 12-28-2010, 11:27 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And they chose a surrogate and a baby instead of adopting a child already needing a home why?

Yes, selfish indeed, from every angle.
I agree adoption is a great choice, but that's every couple's choice to make themselves... and I don't fault anyone for wanting a biological child.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:39 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times
Quote:
Yea lucky kid...hey my dad likes other men....yea how lucky...would you want to tell someone my dad sleeps ....no has sex with men!!! I don't think so!!!
Ya know what? Had my Dad been gay, I would have loved him as much as I do knowing he wasn't gay. My Dad was My Dad. Anything else about him was superfluous. And I grew up in a time when being homosexual (or simply suspected of being homosexual) was practically a death sentence. Attitudes like yours sickened me then and they sicken me even more now.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Honestly, how often does that come up in conversation? I never gave a thought to sex practices of my parents, I just spontaneously appeared on the planet my parents never had sex.

I think the kid is going to be as lucky as Michael Jackson's kids are. He'll have an eccentric rock superstar parent.

The kid drew four Aces just by being born! How lucky is that!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:04 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I find that quite sad, actually. The kid will likely grow up very confused. Nevermind the fact that it likely used in vitro, which has some moral issues in itself.

Confused about what?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:26 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. Twenty bucks says this will turn into a gay marriage (and general "is gay okay?") debate by page 5...
I would have waged that the attempt to head off said gay marriage debate by predicting it's ocurrence in a vain attempt to shame the initiator of it was going to happen on page 1, but I guess I would have lost.

To the topic: Freaky gay dad and his lover as parents? Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What do you all think of a 62-year-old man having a child?

I have to wonder if the social conservatives who praised Elton John for being in favor of civil unions instead of same-sex marriage will also praise him for having a child at his age - not to mention the fact that he is gay.

Elton John becomes a dad - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAYshow.com
I didn't see anything in that article about who the real daddy of the two daddies is. Do you have any news about that? I always wonder when I see these surrogate mentions for gay people which one did the deed even when it is normally done medically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies