Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 11:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,814,775 times

Advertisements

Besides - there are plenty of doctors in third world countries who would jump at the chance to make $40,000 a year here in this country and Obama is very pro-immigration, even illegal immigration and no one is necessarily immune to cheaper foreign labor being brought in to replace them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 11:42 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,407,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think some will leave their field but not 40%. What would they do for a living?
The PA in the office I go to is leaving to raise a family.

The health care law was part of this decision.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,814,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The PA in the office I go to is leaving to raise a family.

The health care law was part of this decision.
I believe I live in a bellweather region and you'd be amazed at how many foreign doctors are being brought in.

The same thing that happened to farm workers, factory workers, computer programmers can happen to health care types.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:58 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,335,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I guess things are different in Kansas than Arizona. I've tried to feel out my Drs. Which include my PCP, cardiologist, VA, Testing labs, just to see how the Drs. are concerning HCR and they are all pretty vague and non committal. I guess different standards apply for different regions of the country.
I haven't gone so far asea as you have but haven't found many that appreciate what is coming, either. Some of them look for it to be stopped before it begins to really do anything but build up a slush fund to finance it. Of course, the income tax that people pay on the insurance their employers provide them with will probably used as just the rest of the income tax money in the general fund.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:02 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,356,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I believe I live in a bellweather region and you'd be amazed at how many foreign doctors are being brought in.

My primary care physician (for the last 20 or so years) is from India, my rheumatologist is from Israel and my Neurologist is from Albania.
The only time I've seen anything close to 'native' born in the last 5 years, was for ER surgery, and she was a Cree from Canada!!!

(and none of them are planing on shuttering their doors.....)

Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,211,180 times
The OP has a fact wrong. Instead of 40% of doctors leaving the profession I heard it was more like 80%. That's only the doctors. X-ray and lab technicians will flee at a higher rate.
But why hasn't anyone considered the power of prayer? Several evangelists have healing powers, making expensive doctors and treatments unnecessary.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:09 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,891,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I haven't gone so far asea as you have but haven't found many that appreciate what is coming, either. Some of them look for it to be stopped before it begins to really do anything but build up a slush fund to finance it. Of course, the income tax that people pay on the insurance their employers provide them with will probably used as just the rest of the income tax money in the general fund.
There is no income tax on what the employer pays toward an employees HC. It is reported, but it is NOT taxable income.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:13 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,074,973 times
I guess over regulation is driving yet another industry offshore.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:14 PM

609 posts, read 507,205 times
Those so-called doctors, who are in it ONLY for the money can retire (or run for congress). This will be fantastic for the country.
I know plenty of people in medical school, who can't wait to join the real world and do the real job of doctors. And there are plenty of other doctors in emerging countries, who wouldn't mind coming to America and do the job. I'm tired of hearing all these doctors who are against Obamacare. 50 millions Americans are uninsured for crying out loud. When they get sick, they go to emergency rooms and you and I pay for it.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:15 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,685,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The OP has a fact wrong. Instead of 40% of doctors leaving the profession I heard it was more like 80%. That's only the doctors. X-ray and lab technicians will flee at a higher rate.
But why hasn't anyone considered the power of prayer? Several evangelists have healing powers, making expensive doctors and treatments unnecessary.
Most Drs. won't leave the country because they don't want people feeling their "junk". There will be Drs. roaming the streets with sandwitch boards saying, "Looking for any work except brain surgery."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies