Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 10:25 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No one I know advocates resorting to violence, unlike the president of the US....see my list of HIS comments.

No thought on how he has engaged in divisive political rhetoric? Doesn't the POTUS has a responsibility to set the "tone"?
Of course not. The right does say 'let's kill certAIN people". But they spew non-stop hatred for all who are different. Before killing can start the people must be made to hate.
But enjoy your hate trips. Call it patriotism.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am all for free speech, but if you are in a position where millions of people can hear you, you need to remember how the unstable section of the population receives your message.

I have never seen so much hatred in this country.
I take it you denounce this rhetoric too?

Quote:
“They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”, “Get in Their Faces!”, “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”, “Hit Back Twice As Hard”, “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“, “hand to hand combat”, “It’s time to Fight for it.”, “Punish your enemies.”, “I’m itching for a fight.”
You see, this murderous rampage will be used by some to try to stifle political speech they don't like.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:27 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes you are right - it's ONLY all conservatives who must be censored. Because one word out of their mouths can influence. Yes - I get it now.
Do you even read my posts?

I have said multiple times now that the Democratic congressmen shooting a piece of legislation for a campaign commercial was stupid.

DEMOCRATIC

I said that anyone who is influenced by one small thing doesn't mean we should ban that.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:28 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Interesting. That has yet to be mentioned in the 'liberal media".
I've never heard of her before the shooting.
I read that in the media yesterday.

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The vitriolic hyperbole has always been there yet you don't see this happen everyday.

That should clue you in on what caused this and that this kid was freaking nutso.

Another clue that he is nutso is his incoherent messages and completely contradictory stances on political ideas and political leaders.

And yet one more clue that he is nutso is that he actually carried a to a store where this congresswoman was and shot her in the head and then killed an innocent little girl and numerous elderly people and critically injured 13 others.

He's whacked and he decided himself what he wanted to listen to and read and watch and think which likely mimics his own thoughts more than putting thoughts into his head.
You don't get it - that's only true of all the leftist books like his favorite book the Communist Manifesto. And the radical angry song lyrics were just that same way. But it's different when it comes to something Conservative commentators might have said, even if they didn't implicitly say something, everything a Conservative might say can be easily construed by many people to mean violence. All political parties except for the liberal one must be shut down for this very reason.

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Basically wqe now two things. The shooter was rejected form ther military for reasons they can't relase and he has a drug related arrest.We alos know his faorite books are Hitlers and Mos writing. Sounds like a typical mental case pssoibly that takes drugs to me. Kind of a manson type or follower.Shoud we stp people from reading or ban books? The same old senseless political BS of looking for somethig other than the shooter to balme really.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically wqe now two things. The shooter was rejected form ther military for reasons they can't relase and he has a drug related arrest.We alos know his faorite books are Hitlers and Mos writing. Sounds like a typical mental case pssoibly that takes drugs to me. Kind of a manson type or follower.
Tim McVeigh drank beer. I didn't hear anyone bringing that up when he committed his crime.

Was the gunman under the influence of drugs at the time of the shooting? Not that I've head yet.

What he ate for breakfast has more to do with his mental condition on Saturday than any past drug crimes.

He's nuts, even reading hitlers writings doesn't make him any more likely to do this crap.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
His highschool friend is now saying he was very active in supporting Kerry against Bush, and wore a pin about Bush being a one term president.
Why am I not surprised?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why am I not surprised?
Just to be clear, his "high school friend" hasn't been interviewed by police yet, and any major news outlets.

Her statements are coming from twitter. But they and his writings are all we've seen on his personal views yet. We'll have a better picture by the end of the week.

His personal writings range from hating large government (a conservative Republican stance) to feeling that the rich are holding down the poor (a liberal Democratic stance).

At this point, we really just don't know.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:33 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Her GOP Opponent held a rally in which you got to take turns shooting at pictures of Gabby Giffords with HIM. The GOP poured millions into this thug to stir up hate. You should have seen the anti-semetic crap that was being spread abut her. They even went after her husband, the Astronaut.

Tom Sebourn Blog: Fundraiser Ad From Jesse Kelly Who Ran Against Giffords For Congress

I am absolutely shocked at what you are saying in this post about a GOP fund raiser where people took turns shooting at pictures of Gifford! How can any Republican defend that kind of hateful actions involved in selecting our representatives through the election process? How can anyone say this sort of thing, and some of the things that Palin and Angler says, isn't adding fuel to the minds of sick individuals? The GOP needs to take a long, hard look at themselves and their part in empowering the crazies among us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies