Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't think too many people would like to see us "cut and run" from the Iraq or Afghan messes. Getting out responsibly is vital to all involved.
What is a responsible way out,losing a few more thousand troops,spend a few more hundred billion and then leave and have both places revert back to the crapholes they will always be????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 02:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
It'll be interesting to see how citizens of countries tied to the U.S., both financially and for security, react when their new overlords and protectors come to collect.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:40 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL....YES!!!!

That must be it...daring to think the USA won't last 1000 years like the 3rd Reich....
so now you are comparing America to the 3rd Reich..it just keeps getting better and better..zero cred...

Old 01-20-2011, 02:42 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,605,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Yes, the US is undoubtedly on the decline.
....and your opinon matters how?

Old 01-20-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
It'll be interesting to see how citizens of countries tied to the U.S., both financially and for security, react when their new overlords and protectors come to collect.
Well European nations have been kissing up for a while to China.

Australia is also in quite well with them....Australia supplies billions of dollars worth of raw material and then buys back their products....

Old 01-20-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
so now you are comparing America to the 3rd Reich..it just keeps getting better and better..zero cred...
No...I was making fun of you.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Why are the control freaks so peed off and calling those who are simply stating the obvious "America haters"?

Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I don;t see the US fallign frompower really;just other rising more. I eman china still nhas dismall society standards of overalll living. 10% unemplyemnt is as the french ambassdaor said pretty normal since WWII;there. The US economy is still the largest . I think we are just going thru a trnsformation of the world economy. Lookig at China and India ;of course with 1/4 the world popualtion they will be a more important part of the consumer market along with things like energy problems from that.The western world is just finding that we can't have the per centage of people reliant on such a small per centage of people liike we do now and have growth needed.Europe is experiecning that now.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:59 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Why are the control freaks so peed off and calling those who are simply stating the obvious "America haters"?

And call those who voted for Obama as hoping for America's decline? I don't vote Democratic party, yet I doubt most Americans want America to decline and there is blame for a decline to go around both sides of the camp. On the neo conservative republican side being blindly patriotic and blindly (our military can do anything and are keepers of the world security) are in part to blame. And then there is the neo conservative view that a business owner (corporation execs) have no obligation to anyone or the country except themself.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:01 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
And call those who voted for Obama as hoping for America's decline? I don't vote Democratic party, yet I doubt most Americans want America to decline and there is blame for a decline to go around both sides of the camp. On the neo conservative republican side being blindly patriotic and blindly (our military can do anything and are keepers of the world security) are in part to blame. And then there is the neo conservative view that a business owner has no obligation to anyone or the country except themself.
The progressive neo-con-munists such as Cheney, Rove, ObamaBush etc are very dangerous. They may call up nationalistic pride in some sort of "last stand" with China for central Asian resources. Freerepublic, for example, has a hugely militaristic tone when it comes to the Chinese. The fact these ignorant people can vote is another reason why democracies eventually eat themselves raw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies