Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 01:32 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I don't want to know what the French think is a valid reason to abort for medical reasons. I want to know what YOU think is valid. Give us some examples like do you think it's okay to abort if the women is in a coma and it will save her life? It is okay to abort if the pregnancy is ectopic or molar or the fetus inside her doesn't have a brain or beating heart or is a conjoined twin or doesn't have bones in its legs? Give us some concrete examples of how you would rule if you was one of those two French doctors having to make a decision.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-24-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 01:34 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,064,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I support abortion on demand (government paid, as well as the rest of healthcare), up to the point where a child can survive on its own with no artificial means. (breathing tubes, etc.)

This would be ideal.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I don't want to know what the French think is a valid reason to abort for medical reasons. I want to know what YOU think is valid. Give us some examples like do you think it's okay to abort if the women is in a coma and it will save her life? It is okay to abort if the pregnancy is ectopic or molar or the child inside her doesn't have a brain or beating heart or is a conjoined twin or doesn't have bones in its legs? Give us some concrete examples of how you would rule if you was one of those two French doctors having to make a decision.
I am sorry you cannot read or comprehend very well....it seems quite simple to grasp what was written.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This would be ideal.
I thought you were happy with the current situation....

LOL...make up your mind.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,045,166 times
Quote:
So if money is tight,kill the baby...

Interesting.

not killing babies...it is a fetus...invent a womb

Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,178,459 times
Quote:
So if money is tight,kill the baby...

Interesting.
If, for any reason, a mother can not, will not, or does not want to raise a child, she should be able to get the child removed from her body before the point where the child could physically live outside of her body. It just so happens, that at said point, if the child is removed - he or she will die.

Women are told that once they reach a certain point in the pregnancy, that "abortion on demand" will no longer be an option.

And to tie into the actual topic of this thread. The women who saw this doctor were past the point of "abortion on demand" - yet he still did the procedure. That doesn't say anything about abortions in general, just that this doctor is a monster who murdered perfectly viable children.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
So you were lying when you wrote this:

Or..simply confused?

Because you cannot believe your right to give birth or not trumps all AND also be happy with the guidelines currently in place....
Why not? I think the cut off dates in place now are reasonable. Plenty of time to decide whether to abort or not.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,577,445 times
Quote:
You DO know that this place was inspected BY the National Abortion Federation right????
Quote:
Gosnell applied for NAF membership in late 2009, but his application was rejected because his facility did not meet NAF’s standards for quality care.
Open Letter From NAF President

And your point?

Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
I don't want to know what the French think is a valid reason to abort for medical reasons. I want to know what YOU think is valid. Give us some examples like do you think it's okay to abort if the women is in a coma and it will save her life? It is okay to abort if the pregnancy is ectopic or molar or the child inside her doesn't have a brain or beating heart or is a conjoined twin or doesn't have bones in its legs? Give us some concrete examples of how you would rule if you was one of those two French doctors having to make a decision.
I am sorry you cannot read or comprehend very well....it seems quite simple to grasp what was written.
In other words, you're not willing to give a concrete example of what YOU personally think is a morally acceptable abortion---just a vague "whatever two doctors decide is medically necessary."

Old 01-24-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I thought you were happy with the current situation....

LOL...make up your mind.
{{{FAIL}}}

If we were discussing nationalized health care, I would have mentioned I am for it. We were discussing abortion guidelines......which I am happy with. Two seperate topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies