Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:44 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
If this is true why is Africa still the poorest continent?

If this is true why are Scots not whining about England enslaving them up to 1745?

I think a lot of the problem is that some many black will never drop that race card.

Until they do nothing will get any better, and since Obama took office things are going backwards. Pulling that race card just set anger off in everyone else. The sooner that ends, the faster blacks will get ahead.

UPS is owned by a black man and yet I see no black drivers. I don't know that there are none, but I have never seen one.

I know other blacks in the USA and in Canada that are upper middle class, and the one thing they all have in common is they put on their boots stood up, and went to work.

They didn't waste time whining about what happened to their great great grand parents.

The day of welfare is nearing it's end. There may be a form of welfare, but to get it, it's a good bet you will have to do one or another form of community service. A lot like working at a job, but for less bennies.

I have broken a lot of bones of the years. Once I feel about 6 feet, and landed on rock hard frozen gravel. For that I cut my forehead, scraped and bruised both legs, chipped a silver dollar size bone off my left elbow and broke my wrist.

I was back at work doing carpentry the next day.

Wanna eat gotta work, no 2 ways about it for me. The boss was nuts about me working, but I was the ram rod and with out me working nothing else happened. On the job the Boss was mine to tell what to do and how to do it, by his own choice, and I had 2 other people on the job he hired besides me.

The work delayed the healing, but I didn't whine any about it. Hurt too.

I can whine about it after I'm dead....... Blacks can too, but with things as they are, they better do something to improve thrir lots, I damnned well do. The time to whine is long past due.
What am I to infer from your position that Africa is the poorest continent still. Do you know that Europeans, whites, were living in caves at the time that civilizations were flourishing in Mesopotamia and later Egypt? The first will be last and the last will be first. Just because something is at the bottom or the poorest at a particular window of time means nothing because fortunes constantly change for civilizations, is the lesson that one can learn from history.

I don’t know why the Scotts are not whining but I do know there was a thing called the IRA in which the Irish engaged in a war against their oppressors and blowing up places. Is that what you are recommending African Americans do?

I don’t know how the race card works, but if it works anything like my debit card I can keep using it as long as I have an available balance. Hence, the race card will continue to have a balance as long as white ignorance and denial, as well as, white racism are alive and well. Until you can demonstrate how and why white racism no longer exists, then here will be an available balance on the “race card”.

It’s funny, as an African American, the class among African Americans that are most conscious and outspoken about history, racism and the like are middle and upper class blacks. Blacks in the inner-city have far less contact with whites than corporate black Americans. Also, many middle and upper-class blacks knos and believe this: “If not for the grace of God….there go I”. Most middle and upper class blacks do not believe they hey accomplished things ALL ON THEIR OWN, like many whites do. They know and respect the role that others played in the rise, as well as, the role that they played. We, I say we because I am a solidly middleclass African America, realizes what it takes to rise from certain conditions requires a degree of luck, a degree of who you know, a degree of hard work, among other things. We know that what it takes for the average blacks to rise from their conditions is much more difficult than it is for whites. How do we know that? It’s because we existed in both worlds. We grew up in one and now live in the other.

I think that it’s kind of ironic that after years of blacks being told that opportunity is infinite for those who are just willing to work, that many whites are now finding themselves without work and opportunity. When blacks experienced high unemployment the explanation was always laziness and irresponsibility, because OPPORTUNITY IS INFINITE! So what caused the recession to rise? Given that so many more whites are out of work than in the past……..are whites getting lazier?

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 02-19-2011 at 01:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 01:55 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What am I to infer from your position that Africa is the poorest continent still. Do you know that Europeans, whites, were living in caves at the time that civilizations were flourishing in Mesopotamia and later Egypt? The first will be last and the last will be first. Just because something is at the bottom or the poorest at a particular window of time means nothing because fortunes constantly change for civilizations, is the lesson that one can learn from history.
Give it a rest. This Afro-centric stuff is something no historian takes seriously. C'mon...

Quote:
I don’t know how the race card works, but if it works anything like my debit card I can keep using it as long as I have an available balance. Hence, the race card will continue to have a balance as long as white ignorance and denial, as well as, white racism are alive and well. Until you can demonstrate how and why white racism no longer exists, then here will be an available balance on the “race card”.
Point is, you DON'T have any credit left. Not debit, not with the credit card. To you it is all about white racism. There is no answer to that if that is really how you feel the world revoles..then yeah, lets just all slash our wrists.

Quote:
It’s funny, as an African American, the class among African Americans that are most conscious and outspoken about history, racism and the like are middle and upper class blacks. Blacks in the inner-city have far less contact with whites than corporate black Americans. Also, many middle and upper-class blacks no and believe this: “If not for the grace of God….there go I”. Most middle and upper class blacks do not believe they hey accomplished things ALL ON THEIR OWN, like many whites do. They know and respect the role that others played in the rise, as well as, the role that they played. We, I say we because I am a solidly middleclass African America, realizes what it takes to rise from certain conditions requires a degree of luck, a degree of who you know, a degree of hard work, among other things. We know that what it takes for the average blacks to rise from their conditions is much more difficult than it is for whites. How do we know that? It’s because we existed in both worlds. We grew up in one and now live in the other.
Well said. Now? Do something about it. You have every advantage in the world in terms of special help. In fact, it is at the expense of MY kids (grandkids, I might add) so please stop being whiney. I don't owe you one damn thing. And for sure my decendents don't.

With that said? Here is what I do, personally. I teach school and I help kids...black and white. If they have a "oh pity me" attitude, then I adjust it. Tell them to get over it. It happend and is history and I am here to take care of them if they will accept the help. '

Otherwise? They can blame the world and history and go to jail or prison (which is what some have done...and I get letters from them occasionally).

What do you do?

Quote:
I think that it’s kind of ironic that after years of blacks being told that opportunity is infinite for those who are just willing to work, that many whites are now finding themselves without work and opportunity. When blacks experienced high unemployment the explanation was always laziness and irresponsibility, because OPPORTUNITY IS INFINITE! So what caused the recession to rise? Given that so many more whites are out of work than in the past……..are whites getting lazier?
Here is the answer to all that: Listen to men like Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Shelby Steele. Black men of knowledge and experience who want to actually empower their people....as opposed the the Rev. Sharp (intended) and Jack (intended again).

Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Give it a rest. This Afro-centric stuff is something no historian takes seriously. C'mon...

Point is, you DON'T have any credit left. Not debit, not with the credit card. To you it is all about white racism. There is no answer to that if that is really how you feel the world revoles..then yeah, lets just all slash our wrists.

Well said. Now? Do something about it. You have every advantage in the world in terms of special help. In fact, it is at the expense of MY kids (grandkids, I might add) so please stop being whiney. I don't owe you one damn thing. And for sure my decendents don't.

With that said? Here is what I do, personally. I teach school and I help kids...black and white. If they have a "oh pity me" attitude, then I adjust it. Tell them to get over it. It happend and is history and I am here to take care of them if they will accept the help. '

Otherwise? They can blame the world and history and go to jail or prison (which is what some have done...and I get letters from them occasionally).

What do you do?

Here is the answer to all that: Listen to men like Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Shelby Steele. Black men of knowledge and experience who want to actually empower their people....as opposed the the Rev. Sharp (intended) and Jack (intended again).
Afro centric stuff? So are you saying that no historian believes that civilization started near the Tigris and Euphrates rivers and later flourished in the Nile river valley, while no such advancement were being made by humans in Europe? What is Afrocentric about that?

So you are of the belief no whites are racist? So I guess you are playing the “ignorance card”. Please explain to me when and how white racism in America died. Show me the corps. Please don’t give me some date that laws were passed because if that is the foundation of your reason, then by the same logic there has not been a crime in America for centuries, given that there are laws against criminal acts.

If African Americans have every advantage in the world white poverty would be 3 times worse for whites than blacks. When people have great advantage, they TAKE advantage and use it to get ahead of people with disadvantage. So if you want to know what group had all the advantages, simply look at what groups are on top of things. If you want to see the disadvantaged, then look for who is at the bottom. What is the foundation of this theory? It’s founded in the belief of human equality among races and hence there is no reason that one race would be doing much better than another race if not for some unfair advantage.

I followed the individuals that you mention and what I discovered is that many of them are married to white women, live in nearly all white communities, attend white churches and show virtually no concern or connection to the African American community. Why would I think a black person who always chooses white has a valid concern about black people? Now, all those things are fine and dandy in and of themselves. However, you can't really be a credible salesman of Buicks when you personally choose to ride around in a Honda. All those black folks you mentioned drive Honda's.......and you think we are stupid enough to believe that are truly interested in the fate of Buicks?

Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Afro centric stuff? So are you saying that no historian believes that civilization started near the Tigris and Euphrates rivers and later flourished in the Nile river valley, while no such advancement were being made by humans in Europe? What is Afrocentric about that?

So you are of the belief no whites are racist? So I guess you are playing the “ignorance card”. Please explain to me when and how white racism in America died. Show me the corps. Please don’t give me some date that laws were passed because if that is the foundation of your reason, then by the same logic there has not been a crime in America for centuries, given that there are laws against criminal acts.

If African Americans have every advantage in the world white poverty would be 3 times worse for whites than blacks. When people have great advantage, they TAKE advantage and use it to get ahead of people with disadvantage. So if you want to know what group had all the advantages, simply look at what groups are on top of things. If you want to see the disadvantaged, then look for who is at the bottom. What is the foundation of this theory? It’s founded in the belief of human equality among races and hence there is no reason that one race would be doing much better than another race if not for some unfair advantage.

I followed the individuals that you mention and what I discovered is that many of them are married to white women, live in nearly all white communities, attend white churches and show virtually no concern or connection to the African American community. Why would I think a black person who always chooses white has a valid concern about black people? Now, all those things are fine and dandy in and of themselves. However, you can't really be a credible salesman of Buicks when you personally choose to ride around in a Honda. All those black folks you mentioned drive Honda's.......and you think we are stupid enough to believe that are truly interested in the fate of Buicks?
Read my earlier post. This is ridiculous. Sorry...but try and you might, it is not going to spin off into the racist direction you would dearly love.

Wallow in your own self-pity and hatred if you want. No skin off my nose in the least. Like I said, neither I nor my children/grandchildren/gg-etc/ owe you, personally, one damn thing. Further, I feel not one bit of collective guilt over anything that happened long before either of us were born.

Hey, let me ask you a question? What if, just all of a sudden, affirmative action was ended? What the hell would you do about it, except scream racist?

THAT is a point Shelby Steele once made. To wit: Ok, we blacks are wrapping our future in something that can be recinded in a heart-beat...why are we not empowering ourselves instead of depending upon 'white guilt' that is not an infinitely renewable resource...?

Do you not see what he is saying? Like I say, listen to black men like Sowell and Williams and Steele, to name just a few. Those men who truly care and speak an unspeakable truth. As opposed to race/poverty pimps like Jackson and Sharpton.

BUT? You wont do it. You'll toss the same mantra that is getting old and boring. What the hell are you going to do when you scream racist and oppression and slavery -- as in the Boy Who Cried Wolf -- and someone just says "tough sh*t...get over it"?

I don't personally care if you think I am a racist. Big deal. On Monday morning I will go back and try and help kids in my class. A disproportionate number of whom are black. Two of them came back to see me this week...and hugged my neck before I could say anything (my back was turned) and brought their babies. One of them is in college right now. She told me, hugging me, how much she appreciated how I pushed her and was a hard-a$$ back in the day.

So you do your thing...and I will do mine. See which makes the most difference.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Read my earlier post. This is ridiculous. Sorry...but try and you might, it is not going to spin off into the racist direction you would dearly love.

Wallow in your own self-pity and hatred if you want. No skin off my nose in the least. Like I said, neither I nor my children/grandchildren/gg-etc/ owe you, personally, one damn thing. Further, I feel not one bit of collective guilt over anything that happened long before either of us were born.

Hey, let me ask you a question? What if, just all of a sudden, affirmative action was ended? What the hell would you do about it, except scream racist?

THAT is a point Shelby Steele once made. To wit: Ok, we blacks are wrapping our future in something that can be recinded in a heart-beat...why are we not empowering ourselves instead of depending upon 'white guilt' that is not an infinitely renewable resource...?

Do you not see what he is saying? Like I say, listen to black men like Sowell and Williams and Steele, to name just a few. Those men who truly care and speak an unspeakable truth. As opposed to race/poverty pimps like Jackson and Sharpton.

BUT? You wont do it. You'll toss the same mantra that is getting old and boring. What the hell are you going to do when you scream racist and oppression and slavery -- as in the Boy Who Cried Wolf -- and someone just says "tough sh*t...get over it"?

I don't personally care if you think I am a racist. Big deal. On Monday morning I will go back and try and help kids in my class. A disproportionate number of whom are black. Two of them came back to see me this week...and hugged my neck before I could say anything (my back was turned) and brought their babies. One of them is in college right now. She told me, hugging me, how much she appreciated how I pushed her and was a hard-a$$ back in the day.

So you do your thing...and I will do mine. See which makes the most difference.
The thing is this. There are millions of people in the US today that have worked hard and did all the things they were told that they should do…..and they are out of work. There are 15 million under employed people in the United States today, The U6 unemployment rate, the most comprehensive measure which includes discouraged workers and those who work part time ONLY because they cannot find full time work, is 19%. Thus, all these theories of just working hard and following scripts will lead to a job and a good life has been thrown out the window. What that demonstrates is that there are forces that can and do often trump doing all the right things and black people have experienced such forces every since we arrived in this nation. Hence, unless you can explain why so many more hard working white people are out of work these days, when all it takes is hard work, then all you are doing is spouting BS.

Like I said before, why would I need to listen to Shelby Steele when I have a brain and a College degree? I am not an intellectual welfare recipient who needs others to think for me because I cannot or will not think for myself. The thing you don’t realize is this. Most black people, including people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, preach many of the things that those people you mention do. Those things have been heard in black households forever. The difference is that most black people are dynamic enough to realize we must deal with both internal and external issues. Of course, all white people know about so-called black leaders are sound bites. If you sat in on numerous Sunday Sermons you will find no absence of the things Sowell and others talk about, we just don’t wrap it with political conservatism because once laws were passed to end legalized discrimination, the politics of denial replaced it. In other words, after the 60’s many whites realized that politics was the only means to manifest their racism legally, by seeking to deny black people all they needed to recover from years of oppression. Certainly there is racism on the left as well, among whites, but most Southerners who were racist turned to the Republican Party and black people would have to be fools to vote with a block that has sought their oppression. Thus, black people vote overwhelmingly democratic, but most black people are very conservative on many issues, which people who simply observe the black vote don’t look deep enough to realize.

I am not concerned about your personal life because it neither disproves or proves my macro opinion on things.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
The thing is this. There are millions of people in the US today that have worked hard and did all the things they were told that they should do…..and they are out of work. There are 15 million under employed people in the United States today, The U6 unemployment rate, the most comprehensive measure which includes discouraged workers and those who work part time ONLY because they cannot find full time work, is 19%. Thus, all these theories of just working hard and following scripts will lead to a job and a good life has been thrown out the window. What that demonstrates is that there are forces that can and do often trump doing all the right things and black people have experienced such forces every since we arrived in this nation. Hence, unless you can explain why so many more hard working white people are out of work these days, when all it takes is hard work, then all you are doing is spouting BS.
The "forces out there" are the very ones you embrace. That is, an entitlement mentality created by leftist policies, both black and white. And I addressed that one earlier.

Quote:
Like I said before, why would I need to listen to Shelby Steele when I have a brain and a College degree? I am not an intellectual welfare recipient who needs others to think for me because I cannot or will not think for myself.
Perhaps you should listen because the policies you advance are destructive. His make sense.

Quote:
The thing you don’t realize is this. Most black people, including people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, preach many of the things that those people you mention do. Those things have been heard in black households forever. The difference is that most black people are dynamic enough to realize we must deal with both internal and external issues.
Ah contraire....I see it very well...and over several decades. I've no doubt that most black people are more naturally attuned to the outlooks of a Thomas Sowell than the *ahem* Reverend Jackson...

Trouble is? Who gets the air time and who is most listened to? Why are black conservatives shouted down as "Toms"?

Now, before I get jumped on here about portending to know about the black experience or some such? Well, think again.

I am a Southern white boy and am ultra-conservative and very politically incorrect. Unlike a lot of northern liberals, I don't posture as anything else. At the same time, in what might seem a paradox, I actually DO happen to interact with black folks on not only an everyday basis, but from just growing up on the mean streets of the poor white South. And what I am saying is, really, what I hear from many of those black folks you speak of is that they lament the destruction of their community via the false prophet messages being sent by the race/poverty pimps. So, in lots of ways, we don't disgree here.

Quote:
Of course, all white people know about so-called black leaders are sound bites. If you sat in on numerous Sunday Sermons you will find no absence of the things Sowell and others talk about, we just don’t wrap it with political conservatism because once laws were passed to end legalized discrimination, the politics of denial replaced it. In other words, after the 60’s many whites realized that politics was the only means to manifest their racism legally, by seeking to deny black people all they needed to recover from years of oppression.
And there we go again...

If it isn't racism in one way, it will be in another...and into ad infinitum... Somehow or another the race card will be played.

So I ask again, what more do you want? Spell it out. An apology? Monetary reparations? More quotas? Repudiate our ancestors and/or history? Eternal goveling? Slit our wrists? What, fer gosh sakes?

Quote:
Certainly there is racism on the left as well, among whites, but most Southerners who were racist turned to the Republican Party and black people would have to be fools to vote with a block that has sought their oppression. Thus, black people vote overwhelmingly democratic, but most black people are very conservative on many issues, which people who simply observe the black vote don’t look deep enough to realize.
I agree that (at least in my experience) most blacks are actually very conservative on many issues. Even, I will say, more than a lot of whites are on the same issues (whatever those may be). Which is why I wonder why so many vote against their long term interests. And that goes back to why it is a Sowell, Williams, Steele, etc that need to be listened to.

Quote:
I am not concerned about your personal life because it neither disproves or proves my macro opinion on things.
Nor am I with yours. But what I said, stands.

Last edited by TexasReb; 02-19-2011 at 06:24 PM..

Old 02-19-2011, 06:07 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Yesterday I was at Barnes & Noble book store and I was sitting across from 2 "trashy" looking white guys. They looked to be in their early 20's.

They were using slang and simply talking about NOTHING worth talking about nor listening to.

Here's what discussed me. These 2 white guys were calling each other.......NI-GGA!

I was like......

I dislike the use of any form of the word. I just don't like the word nor it's variations. The only reason why these two guys were using the word is probably because they hang around poor, ignorant blacks that allow them to use it.

I do understand that whites started the use of the word ni-gger and whites still use the word but not as nearly as much as you hear SOME blacks use the word ni-gga. Whites can't even compete when it comes to whom uses the word the most. Blacks have won that race by a long shot.

I'm talking about the use of the word in public, open conversation. I hear blacks use it like it's no big deal.

I blame blacks for this. Blacks have a serious problem with self esteem, no question about it. Now you have white guys copying the same ignorance first started by whites, continued by blacks and now it appears, to be continued by both blacks and whites.

When will it stop? Blacks whom use any variation of the word should be ashamed. This does not mean whites get a free pass. They don't and they know it. I'd go as far as saying most whites KNOW BETTER than to use the word in public.

Why would a group of people that have experienced what blacks have experienced in this country continue to support the kind of behavior that caused nothing but pain and suffering in the past?

When was the last time that you saw a Jewish kid wearing a swastika? You haven't and you never will.

Sure whites did start the use of the word ni-gger but I give them credit, at least many of them have enough sense to know it's no longer acceptable to use the word.

PS-In case you want to know, yes, I am black.
It never fails this topic will rise again. I really don't care what color you are buddy.

Young whites use the word, because they want to seem "down". They aren't using this word to their friends. Their friends are calling them n*gga.

Suburb kids ride down to the pj's to explore. Their parents tell them it's dangerous. They venture down anyway. Have fun and ride back home.

This is the culture. Young nonblacks have made the rap culture cool. Rap swagga, money, bling, and girls. They love everything about rap. I saw a group of Asian kids on our rail system. All their pants were sagging and hats on backward.

Nonwhite folks are still using this word. Of course, it's not in the streets. The word is in their homes. (some)

Have you polled whites? Have you polled blacks. Who's using and not using the word. No you haven't.

Bytch is a bad word as well. You hear women in packs calling each other this. Some will use the words, bytch, heffa, hooka or winch. Some are nonblack.

Ask yourself this. How many of you are using the term "babydaddy or babymama". This term was started by rap. It's running wild like fire. I see it all over this forum.

Some of you don't like some things, but will except others.

btw: I hate the term.

Make up your mind people.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
The "forces out there" are the very ones you embrace. That is, an entitlement mentality created by leftist policies, both black and white. And I addressed that one earlier.

Perhaps you should listen because the policies you advance are destructive. His make sense.

Ah contraire....I see it very well...and over several decades. I've no doubt that most black people are more naturally attuned to the outlooks of a Thomas Sowell than the *ahem* Reverend Jackson...

Trouble is? Who gets the air time and who is most listened to? Why are black conservatives shouted down as "Toms"?

Now, before I get jumped on here about portending to know about the black experience or some such? Well, think again.

I am a Southern white boy and am ultra-conservative and very politically incorrect. Unlike a lot of northern liberals, I don't posture as anything else. At the same time, in what might seem a paradox, I actually DO happen to interact with black folks on not only an everyday basis, but from just growing up on the mean streets of the poor white South. And what I am saying is, really, what I hear from many of those black folks you speak of is that they lament the destruction of their community via the false prophet messages being sent by the race/poverty pimps. So, in lots of ways, we don't disgree here.

And there we go again...

If it isn't racism in one way, it will be in another...and into ad infinitum... Somehow or another the race card will be played.

So I ask again, what more do you want? Spell it out. An apology? Monetary reparations? More quotas? Repudiate our ancestors and/or history? Eternal goveling? Slit our wrists? What, fer gosh sakes?

I agree that (at least in my experience) most blacks are actually very conservative on many issues. Even, I will say, more than a lot of whites are on the same issues (whatever those may be). Which is why I wonder why so many vote against their long term interests. And that goes back to why it is a Sowell, Williams, Steele, etc that need to be listened to.

Nor am I with yours. But what I said, stands.

You seem to assume to know what I embrace. I don’t support the Democrat or Republican parties. I am not going to be pigeon holed into supporting two parties that are both out of step with the times. I am curious as to what forces you think I embrace? The forces that are causing the decline in opportunity in America are physics. What rises falls and the US had its rise and like all great civilizations……is going to have its decline. Falling is the consequence of rising as death is the consequence of birth. Hence, opportunity will continue to diminish in this country regardless of how hard people work, the middle class will decline and poverty will increase.

Again, you want me to listen because the policies I advance are destructive, yet, you have not heard me advance a single policy or political party….lol. It seems that you want to choose to define me before I even define myself. The only things I have talked about are cause and effect and actions and reaction and have not advocated anything on this forum other than the logic of cause and effect, action/reaction. That is how “isms” flourish. People, who have others “all figured out”, way before they are allowed to demonstrate what they are about, are the people that are the problem.

Black people are no different than any other peoples. We realize that sometimes things need a conservative approach and sometimes they need a liberal approach and we apply this in our daily lives and relations. We also know that there are external forces out in this world that serve as impediments that are beyond a person’s control. Furthermore, black people are as smart as any other group in knowing what is best for them overall. White people vote they way they vote because they know, based upon the options, that such is the best choice for them. Far be it from me to attempt to denigrate white people to the degree to argue that they do not even know what their own selfish interests are. I mean, I would have to see white as inferior children who are not mature and intelligent enough to know what’s best for them for me to claim any such thing. Yet, white folks, yet again, continue to make the argument that black people are not smart enough to know what’s in their best interest, who is in their best interest and that we need white folks like you to tell us who we need to read and follow. That reeks of disrespect. If whites are smart enough to know what is in their best interest then give black people that same respect. If you cannot do that then its hard to make the argument that one with such beliefs are not racist. Whites smart enough to know what’s best for them…..yet blacks are not…..lol…..nooooooo….no racism implicit in such thinking…lol.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:41 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Yesterday I was at Barnes & Noble book store and I was sitting across from 2 "trashy" looking white guys. They looked to be in their early 20's.

They were using slang and simply talking about NOTHING worth talking about nor listening to.

Here's what discussed me. These 2 white guys were calling each other.......NI-GGA!

I was like......

I dislike the use of any form of the word. I just don't like the word nor it's variations. The only reason why these two guys were using the word is probably because they hang around poor, ignorant blacks that allow them to use it.

I do understand that whites started the use of the word ni-gger and whites still use the word but not as nearly as much as you hear SOME blacks use the word ni-gga. Whites can't even compete when it comes to whom uses the word the most. Blacks have won that race by a long shot.

I'm talking about the use of the word in public, open conversation. I hear blacks use it like it's no big deal.

I blame blacks for this. Blacks have a serious problem with self esteem, no question about it. Now you have white guys copying the same ignorance first started by whites, continued by blacks and now it appears, to be continued by both blacks and whites.

When will it stop? Blacks whom use any variation of the word should be ashamed. This does not mean whites get a free pass. They don't and they know it. I'd go as far as saying most whites KNOW BETTER than to use the word in public.

Why would a group of people that have experienced what blacks have experienced in this country continue to support the kind of behavior that caused nothing but pain and suffering in the past?

When was the last time that you saw a Jewish kid wearing a swastika? You haven't and you never will.

Sure whites did start the use of the word ni-gger but I give them credit, at least many of them have enough sense to know it's no longer acceptable to use the word.

PS-In case you want to know, yes, I am black.

Dude its just a word.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
You seem to assume to know what I embrace. I don’t support the Democrat or Republican parties. I am not going to be pigeon holed into supporting two parties that are both out of step with the times. I am curious as to what forces you think I embrace? The forces that are causing the decline in opportunity in America are physics. What rises falls and the US had its rise and like all great civilizations……is going to have its decline. Falling is the consequence of rising as death is the consequence of birth. Hence, opportunity will continue to diminish in this country regardless of how hard people work, the middle class will decline and poverty will increase.

Again, you want me to listen because the policies I advance are destructive, yet, you have not heard me advance a single policy or political party….lol. It seems that you want to choose to define me before I even define myself. The only things I have talked about are cause and effect and actions and reaction and have not advocated anything on this forum other than the logic of cause and effect, action/reaction. That is how “isms” flourish. People, who have others “all figured out”, way before they are allowed to demonstrate what they are about, are the people that are the problem.

Black people are no different than any other peoples. We realize that sometimes things need a conservative approach and sometimes they need a liberal approach and we apply this in our daily lives and relations. We also know that there are external forces out in this world that serve as impediments that are beyond a person’s control. Furthermore, black people are as smart as any other group in knowing what is best for them overall. White people vote they way they vote because they know, based upon the options, that such is the best choice for them. Far be it from me to attempt to denigrate white people to the degree to argue that they do not even know what their own selfish interests are. I mean, I would have to see white as inferior children who are not mature and intelligent enough to know what’s best for them for me to claim any such thing. Yet, white folks, yet again, continue to make the argument that black people are not smart enough to know what’s in their best interest, who is in their best interest and that we need white folks like you to tell us who we need to read and follow. That reeks of disrespect. If whites are smart enough to know what is in their best interest then give black people that same respect. If you cannot do that then its hard to make the argument that one with such beliefs are not racist. Whites smart enough to know what’s best for them…..yet blacks are not…..lol…..nooooooo….no racism implicit in such thinking…lol.
My lord. Will you go back and take a look at your first post, my replies, and how you have retreated, spun and backtracked, ever since?

But ok...You got in the last word. Let's just let it go (for one thing, it is suppertime here! LOL). We both made our cases. I stand by mine, and I assume you stand by yours. Let's just agree to let others judge on which of us made the better presentation.

Fair enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies