Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

They want ratings, so produce a show that surrounds itself with controversy. The problem is that Christians are easy targets. By doing this, they can slam on a religious group with their liberal garbage and not live in fear of their studios exploding.
Seems like only yesterday you were content to call me a liberal and here I am defending honest Christians. Go figure.

It's not liberal garbage being dumped. They're mad at those who hijack/ misrepresent Christianity and abuse others wrongfully 'in the name of God'. Simple as that. Where in the New Testament does it say we are commanded to inflict ourselves upon gays or anyone? Show me. I'm eager to learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
When did I say you don't have a right to exist? Or are you just making things up?
I'm pointing out a boundary dispute dredged up by anarchist thinking that needs to be addressed. No doubt about it I don't want to be standing on your toes or dictating your life. I truly do want you to embrace your own free will & pursue happiness so long as you harm none others (which is an unavoidable caveat in dynamics of human relations).
That said, can you see that you are standing on my toes, or the toes of my children, with a public policy of anything goes 'free rights'? Example: I do not see it's healthy to ban alcohol universally, however, our policies regarding drunks roaming around causing havoc need redress. Their version of 'liberty' robs me of mine when they're incapable of being responsible for themselves.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It's best that children know reality as soon as possible: Christianity encourages whimsical thinking and is a diversion.
I don't believe you ever raised a child or understand the process of human growth and development for such crucial years of life. Demanding an inchworm fly is irrational. Keep hands off the butterfly wings or you have doomed it to fail. Fact of nature for butterflies. Humans have fact of natural healthy growth as well.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
No one said they should? You're trying to connect dots that are un-connectible. TV shows that are critical of Christian hypocrisy=/= hoards of roaming gangs ready to prey on innocent children.
Marketeering forces have already admitted targeting children as a demographic. Ghetto kids are preyed upon in ghetto communities. Our civilization has permitted this preying on children and relaxing ethical standards even more is only going to make it worse.

If the litany of complaints towards Christians in public domains were leveled against any other group would you call that discrimination? If it were gays or southerners or northerners or whatever? What predatory behavior is socially/ legally acceptable? Should anyone be forced to accept abusive behavior from another?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Carlie Roase had the head of AP in a interview who has lived all over the world for deacdes. He was asked about the two systems. He said for my coutry I would want the UK system but for myself and my family I would want the US system. They also addressed the fact that even other countries benefit from US system doing anf funding 70% of medical and drug research in the world today.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I don't mind them defending it what I tire of is Christians in America acting like they're under persecution.
Christina Cloud gets no defense from me. None. I reject her behavior surely as I reject westboro baptists. These kinds of behaviors are a mockery of faith unto themselves but I defy you to tell me which is rotten to the core when both sides are shooting at innocent bystander in life trying their hardest to simply live an honest life? Faux religious are only using legitimate religious practitioners as a human shield. See this clearly. Terrorist strategy foiled overseas-- troops intercepted men dressed in burquas with explosive devices. Cowardly, is it not?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - going by the description of the book, this is about people who claim to be Christian, yet utterly fail to live up to the values of the faith. If the author didn't hold the Christian ethos in high esteem, the title would be nonsensical.

Is there anything unfair in hypocrites being held up to ridicule?
Not in my book, but the prevailing tide of information 'defining' Christian dominating the landscape refuses to acknowledge anything good Christians or Christianity does in present tense. I think that's grossly unfair. I don't follow you or anyone around with a microscope expecting you live up to the standard of being Jesus and wish you'd cut Christians who are sincere some slack in the general language going on in America. Kick the good hearted folks of the world in the head one too many times they forget, by sheer volume of brain injury, how to be good.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Freedom of speech works both ways. You can't have the 700 Club stating things about Haitian devil worship causing the earthquake, Falwell saying that 9/11 was caused by homosexuals, and the omnipresent atheists will burn coupled with frightening levels of hypocrisy and not expect people to comment on it.

You can say what you want, but so can we.
Agreed but can these individuals be held accountable for themselves for their clear departure from the teachings of the faith? Can you refrain from calling them Christian when they aren't being Christian please? Call them something else.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Carlie Roase had the head of AP in a interview who has lived all over the world for deacdes. He was asked about the two systems. He said for my coutry I would want the UK system but for myself and my family I would want the US system. They also addressed the fact that even other countries benefit from US system doing anf funding 70% of medical and drug research in the world today.
And of that 70% of medical and drug research today, how many things have been cured vs how many pills invented to promote perpetual dependence upon those pills? When was the last time capitalism ever cured any disease at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies