Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There is plenty of wholesome programming on TV and Christian oriented programming.
I disagree. My nephew had to be raised with a vcr in his room for 'tv time' because regular tv was (and increasing is) that out of hand. You view the whole of our civilization as a private privilege of adults when the fact is you too were once a child and received a considerable amount of protection from malevolence by your family, your community and your country. It may not have been enough for your taste but to deny them any credit for that gift bestowed to you is wrong. We have a duty to children. It's in our preamble. Terra firma basic stuff. No denying terra firma. That's a no no.
Quote:
To secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity
No child in America should be so fearful to walk down a street because gang bangers mean to own that street or own their school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 04:53 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

How far do you think this would go if the religion was changed to Islam??
The networks seem to love pushing the envelop of "acceptable" TV shows, particularly in the form of reality shows. It's time one of them grew a set of balls and created a show called something like "Muslim Girls Get Wild!". It could show the girls feasting on pork at an all-you-can-eat rib shack, or maybe going swimming in public wearing normal two-piece swimwear. If they really wanted to get risque they could show them dating Catholic boys and questioning their faith openly on the show......

They want ratings, so produce a show that surrounds itself with controversy. The problem is that Christians are easy targets. By doing this, they can slam on a religious group with their liberal garbage and not live in fear of their studios exploding.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:55 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Does this mean I have no right to exist because you feel the need to diminish me as lesser worthy of rights? Interesting.
When did I say you don't have a right to exist? Or are you just making things up?

Old 03-05-2011, 04:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
It's best that children know reality as soon as possible: Christianity encourages whimsical thinking and is a diversion.

Quote:
I disagree. My nephew had to be raised with a vcr in his room for 'tv time' because regular tv was (and increasing is) that out of hand. You view the whole of our civilization as a private privilege of adults when the fact is you too were once a child and received a considerable amount of protection from malevolence by your family, your community and your country. It may not have been enough for your taste but to deny them any credit for that gift bestowed to you is wrong. We have a duty to children. It's in our preamble. Terra firma basic stuff. No denying terra firma. That's a no no.

No child in America should be so fearful to walk down a street because gang bangers mean to own that street or own their school.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:58 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:

No one said they should? You're trying to connect dots that are un-connectible. TV shows that are critical of Christian hypocrisy=/= hoards of roaming gangs ready to prey on innocent children.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:59 PM

She has been making things up for almost every post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
When did I say you don't have a right to exist? Or are you just making things up?

Old 03-05-2011, 05:00 PM

But there are Christian militia gangs attempting to take over the government. Why aren't people exposing that problem?

http://www.lilithnews.com/2010/04/ch...-war-with.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
No one said they should? You're trying to connect dots that are un-connectible. TV shows that are critical of Christian hypocrisy=/= hoards of roaming gangs ready to prey on innocent children.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And what is meant by that ? That we're both from Texas because that is about all you know about me.

Delay got what was coming from him..not from the Fed but from his own state. He's now a convicted felon, unable to vote or run for office.
What is meant by what? You presumed me your enemy in your statement and persist in that attitude.

What Delay got was a watered down sentence, a pass from the media too distracted by utter nonsense, and a red carpet invitation to dancing with the stars. Look at it honestly.

If there's something I say or do that makes you believe I've allowed myself to stray off path, I welcome your constructive criticism. If you're going to hoard those opinions to yourself saved as ammunition against me at some later date I'd say that's proof of being off the mark of Christianity. Go ahead and point to my flaws in thinking. I won't curl up and die. I can take it from an honest critic. I just don't care for dishonest critics. I'm sure most don't appreciate them either.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Who and what are you talking about? "Gang stalking" is freaking illegal even if it is against a so-called "gay". You can't with the intent to offend, harass, and intimidate the person out of town or in hopes that they (the victims) die off and expect it to be legal. Is that even something Jesus would allow? Jesus didn't stalk and intimidate the prostitutes until they left town.

Read the info:
War against Gays & Lesbians
Agreed. Beyond rebuking this behavior what more can I do in the constraints of the law as an individual? I am unwilling to participate, unwilling to turn a blind eye to injustice, unwilling to support any church that would crucify human beings... what else can I do? I defend your right to exist. If you feel that defense is flimsy, I'd like to know exactly what you think I have it in my power to do to help you as my fellow countryman. Be specific please.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 PM

I'm so sick of the prison complex mentality. We need better ways of correcting problems e.g., 50 years community service, house arrest, etc.

Quote:
What is meant by what? You presumed me your enemy in your statement and persist in that attitude.

What Delay got was a watered down sentence, a pass from the media too distracted by utter nonsense, and a red carpet invitation to dancing with the stars. Look at it honestly.

If there's something I say or do that makes you believe I've allowed myself to stray off path, I welcome your constructive criticism. If you're going to hoard those opinions to yourself saved as ammunition against me at some later date I'd say that's proof of being off the mark of Christianity. Go ahead and point to my flaws in thinking. I won't curl up and die. I can take it from an honest critic. I just don't care for dishonest critics. I'm sure most don't appreciate them either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies