Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Abortion is murder. Period.
"Murder" refers to killing a person, a fetus is an organism, NOT a person.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:26 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
I support abortion to the fullest and the man's right to choose if he wants to child or not. Not all men want to be fathers.

I don't think I'm moral for supporting it.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:35 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I fully support abortion within the confines of the law as it is written in Roe v. Wade. For me it is a moral position. There are over 100,000 children in the foster care system awaiting adoption. We have apalling social services in place to care for impoverished children as it is. If pro-lifers really cared about children, there would be no children awaiting adoption, and there would be more funds assigned to cover social and medical care of children in this country. I have no problem if pro-lifers practice what they preach, but very few do.

this must be repeated to show the hypocrisy of those who claim to be anti-abortion.

thousands of children are homeless, and without a family, due to being abandoned by their mothers, or given up because the mothers could not take care of them .

Anti-abortionist can preach all they want about "life" within the womb of a woman and how it must be protected, but once that baby is born, they are the FIRST to take away the social and welfare system that will help support the mother and that child once its born.

For every anti-abortionist who cry about a fetus, they should be the first in line at the local orphanage to adopt 8-10 children each, and it doesn't matter what age they are. Why such a high number? It'll take that many parents to find every single child a home.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Let me give it a try. An infant is not a person, if it was a person, it would be called a person, not an infant.

Boy, being a liberal is EASY!!!!
Sorry, but I would call an infant a person.......don't know about you.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Can you be moral if you refuse a woman's right to choose?

Old 03-15-2011, 05:41 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
When I ask this question, people never give me a clear answer.

Don't get the wrong idea and misinterpret what I'm saying/asking.

I'm not saying I'm moral because I support abortion. I'm saying I'm moral in other ways, and it just so happens I support abortion.

As far as I'm concerned, you can support abortion but still be moral if you're moral in other ways.

There are more factors than just abortion to determine your morality.
I don't know how killing a baby in the name of convenience can be moral.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Is the question here about whether supporting abortion rights is "right" or "wrong" OR, what is "Moral"?
Morality is self-defined. Simply because someone else beliieves me to be "immoral" does not make it so. That is their opinion, based on their set of values and beliefs. They are entitled to it, but their opinion is just that -- their opinion. If everyone would be more concerned about defining their own morals and living by them, rather than expecting other people to live by their morals, we would all be better off. There IS a difference between laws and morals. It is admirable to work to change laws that you don't agree with. But until a law is overturned, judging someone else who makes choices that are within the law are their business, no one else's. Each of us define our own morals.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I don't know how killing a baby in the name of convenience can be moral.
"Convenience". Only a man could look at carrying a pregnancy for nine months and giving birth as an inconvenience. It sure is easy to put that label on it when you know it will NEVER happen to you.

Pregnancy can literally kill a woman. It is taking an incredible risk. A risk a woman should only take if she wants a child. It is not a risk that should be forced upon a woman against her will.

And...........it is only a baby in YOUR opinion......and YOUR opinion doesn't count unless YOU are the one who is pregnant. How dare you presume to force your opinion on someone else. How very arrogant and IMMORAL of you.

Last edited by Annie53; 03-15-2011 at 06:06 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I fully support abortion within the confines of the law as it is written in Roe v. Wade. For me it is a moral position. There are over 100,000 children in the foster care system awaiting adoption. We have apalling social services in place to care for impoverished children as it is. If pro-lifers really cared about children, there would be no children awaiting adoption, and there would be more funds assigned to cover social and medical care of children in this country. I have no problem if pro-lifers practice what they preach, but very few do.
Perfect post and you said it better than I could have done.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:06 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And you know I said no such thing!

Actually, you did.

"Human beings capable of making a choice."

Are the severely developmentally disabled capable of making a choice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies