Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:01 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Lie. The work of thousands of people culminated the PC. Some of that work originated in US gov't. Some of that work originated in a tinkers garage. Some of it in an IBM R&D team. He didn't invent the PC. He assembled the work of others, and poorly at that.

AmericanHeritage.com / The Man Who Invented the PC (http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/magazine/it/1994/2/1994_2_64.shtml - broken link)

Did he compensate them fairly? Not at all.
I have to agree, Bill Gates did not invent the PC. If he did, then Al Gore single-handedly invented the Internet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
LOl ok Comrade Croozer. I imagine you're making your way to Cuba sometime soon with the Venceremos Brigade?
Don't make bastille day necessary and bastille day won't happen. You sold out your country for a bag of fritos and a can of Koch. That makes you so much worse than a communist.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:36 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Don't make bastille day necessary and bastille day won't happen. You sold out your country for a bag of fritos and a can of Koch. That makes you so much worse than a communist.
Do you even know what my political stance is? I have serious doubts that you do

Old 03-20-2011, 02:05 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,523,004 times
Party A is destroying this country, all they do is pander to special interests. This is a moral outrage. It is just so gosh darn wrong for them to do that, it makes my blood boil. Class warfare has gone on long enough in this country and it is high time it comes to an end.

That is why I strongly support Party B. They will pass laws that will cater to my class and will finally pass laws to the detriment of the other classes, so that my class can begin to benefit from that which we have long been rightfully deprived. Finally, my class will begin to prevail once I elect Party B into office. We're going to make the other classes pay, and pay dearly.... as they so richly deserve.... make them suffer, and finally we'll get politicians in there that will do for us. Finally, there will be no more class warfare and special interest pandering in this great country that I am going to help to fix by getting politicians to side with my special interest group, instead of their special interest group!

Yep.... rejoice.... things are really going to be different around here once "my group" takes control. No more class warfare and special interest pandering like those evil Group A people are guilty of doing, and no more passing laws that benefit Group A which was a moral travesty. Now, we're going to pass laws that benefit Group B.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Last edited by FreedomThroughAnarchism; 03-20-2011 at 02:43 AM..

Old 03-20-2011, 02:15 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Democrats are most against the middle class. They are a coalition of elitists and the underclass teaming up to destroy what's left of the middle class.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:28 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
All I know, being middle class, I lived far better under an R president than a D....

Anyone else I've ever asked to be honest says the same.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:30 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
If you want to live like a Republican... Vote Democrat...

Old 03-20-2011, 06:34 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Right now IMO noone supports the middle class, they might like to say they do but when it comes right down to it they really don't.
They pander to the voters. Maybe the national animal should be changed to the pander. The Chinese would enjoy the irony.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:40 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,208,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
There's nothing wrong with abusing the upper classes. They've been abusing the middle class for the last 100 years. I'm not talking people that make $250K a year being upper class. I'm talking about the individuals worth multi multi millions or billions. As far as I'm concerned no human being on the face of the earth deserves, has worked for or earned the right to have that much money or that much wealth. Sorry.........until we get population under control the global planet needs some serious redistribution of wealth. And it can start with the billionaires of the world. Take, at gunpoint if necessary half of all their wealth!

if the banks weren't bailed out, that reset would've taken place in 2008. i love the way they twisted it though saying they were doing it for the little guy. hilarious!

Old 03-20-2011, 06:43 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,208,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't disagree with you... those whose income of 1 million or more are heavily abusing the system and are intertwined with our politicians... I be happy the day that celebrities, athletes, CEOs, etc stop making ridiculous salaries... but I know they wield too much power and I don't think anything is going to change... except perhaps a new income tax bracket... hmm.... a democrat recently proposed a 40%+ income tax bracket on those making a million or more, apparently neither democrats or republicans would support the bill... the more things change, the more they stay the same....
we don't need a new income tax bracket. what we need are laws which allow people to start and run a business without the heavy hand of govt doing everything in their power to shut them down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies