Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 12:07 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I pray we don't go back to Bush's 700 000 job losses per month. I hope you agree with that.
Of course. It was a gift of the democratic congress and the liberal mandate to make loans through Fannie and Freddie to unqualified home buyers.

Before the Democratic congress of 2006, the Bush economy was doing fine- far better than the Obama economy. Keep in mind that CONGRESS controls spending and the majority of blame or credit for the economy lies with the congress, not the president.

In order to "break even" every month with new college and high school graduates, the economy must generate at least 200,000 new jobs. This news is the first time since Obama took office that the job market has "broke even". We literally have one third of the work force out of work or underemployed, which rivals the numbers of the Great Depression. To celebrate Obama in our current economic situation is to turn a blind eye to reality in support of partisan politics. Misery benefits no one, regardless of whether there is a democrat in the White House or not; there is no joy among the enemployed seeing Obama in his "historic" presidency when they are not able to provide for thier families.

Now let's see that idiot actually change US corporate tax structures, follow the lead of Japan and Germany, and link corporate taxes to corporate CONSUMPTION. This rewards domestic exporters and punishes importers. However, Obama is more concerned with satisfying the trial lawyer's association and the unions to do something that would actually benefit the average citizen and reverse the Clinton NAFTA and China most favored nation trade status policies.

If Obama is re-elected and he continues with the policies of his first administration, we may see, for the first time in history, Americans looking to relocate to different nations in search of a better life. Obama is delivering the American dream- to other nations.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
I pray we don't go back to Bush's 700 000 job losses per month. I hope you agree with that.
CONGRESS writes legislation, and Congress was DEMOCRATIC..

How many of you guys dropped out of school early because I think they teach this stuff in 5th grade...

Old 04-02-2011, 12:15 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:

Tell us when Obama gets to the fantastic record of 54 consecutive months of job GROWTH that G. Bush had.

Not going to ever happen and you know it. Right now Obama is 9 million in the NEGATIVE for job losses in 26 months. Not good at all.

Do you have a link with a chart showing the months and years showing 700,000 job losses under Bush?

Old 04-02-2011, 12:15 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Democrats were BLOCKING legislation from being passed.

You know all about blocking bills right, you guys non stop accused the GOP of blocking bills for the first 2 years of Obamas term, now all of a sudden you pretend its impossible..

Did you even watch the videos, with the Democrats attacking the regulators for raising red flags that america will have a serious financial crisis in the future? Nope.. you want to now blame the GOP for trying to do something that Democrats BLOCKED..
So what you are saying is that the GOP ran in ineffective Congress - that even WITH full control of BOTH houses of Congress AND the White House, they simply couldn't get it done - not in 6 FULL YEARS, and with majorities in the House of 231-202 and in the Senate of 55-44 - they were still pitifully ineffective.

hmmmmm.

Glad to see you think so poorly of the GOP performance.

Ken

Old 04-02-2011, 12:18 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
the truth is, both regulations were a reaching of governmental powers. Tell me why the government should be on the hook to bail out hedge funds in the event of insolvency? Thats EXACTLY what the Obama financial reform bill authorizes.

My feeling, if they are insolvent.. LET THEM FAIL.. Why are we bailing out millionaire bankers at taxpayers expense?
I agree. I agree with Bernie Sanders when he says "if they are too big to fail, they are too big to exist." What I meant is the Obama/Bush reform bills aren't really "reform" they're just government giveaways and further government/corporate/Wall St corruption. Status quo.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:22 PM

I challenge you to return to school and learn how the voting process is done.. Maybe if you educate yourself on the requirements to get bills passed into law, you'd stop making a fool of yourself by making statements like this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
So what you are saying is that the GOP ran in ineffective Congress - that even WITH full control of BOTH houses of Congress AND the White House, they simply couldn't get it done - not in 6 FULL YEARS, and with majorities in the House of 231-202 and in the Senate of 55-44 - they were still pitifully ineffective.

hmmmmm.

Glad to see you think so poorly of the GOP performance.

Ken
This humor of yours is only compounded by the fact that you blamed the GOP for Obama not getting things passed, despite the fact that the Democrats had a much higher percentage of both House and Senate..

Tell me, are you math challenged that you dont understand that the higher the number of the other party, the tougher it is to get bills passed, or do you have "Democrats can do no wrong" so inbread into your brain, that you will ignore facts, even when its in pretty videos that even a 5th graders could undrstand?

Tell me, did you WATCH the videos of Democrats attacking regulators who KNEW we were headed into a collapse, and they attacked the regulators? How about the Democrats BLOCKING every bill? DEMOCRATS ARE THE PARTY OF NO!!.. Spare me the political bull crap until you watch the videos because one thing I cant stand is a poster who sits here blaiming the other side for something your party was CLEARLY to blame for..

Old 04-02-2011, 12:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course. It was a gift of the democratic congress and the liberal mandate to make loans through Fannie and Freddie to unqualified home buyers.
Sigh....say what you will, but Bush pushed through 40 different deregulation actions to make it easier for unqualified low income people to get loans. He said his mission was to get 5.5 milllion low income hispanics a loan if they could not otherwise get one. And no, it was not the dems who controlled the Congress, it was the Republicans. Have Dems deregulated the banking? Yes. Have Republicans done so? Oh, yes, and never more than during Bush admin.

I am tired of the political bickering and finger pointing.

Quote:
Bush's mission to get 5.5 million low income minorities mortgages when they would not otherwise qualify for them.

Mobilizing the Private Sector: America's Homeownership Challenge
  • Establish a national goal of at least 5.5 million new minority homeowners before the end of the decade.
  • Challenge the private sector real estate and mortgage finance industries to dramatically increase their efforts to reduce the barriers to homeownership faced by minority families and to work with the nonprofit sector in a concerted effort to achieve this goal through national and local partnerships.
  • Convene a White House Conference on Increasing Minority Homeownership, to highlight the homeownership barriers faced by minorities and develop proposed solutions.
  • A substantial increase of at least $440 billion in the financial commitment made by the government-sponsored enterprises involved in the secondary mortgage market, specifically targeted toward the minority market;
  • Twenty-five different local initiatives to be undertaken across the nation, geared toward eliminating the specific homeownership barriers faced by minority families in those communities;
  • A commitment to raise $750 million in below-market-rate investments by 2007, which will work in collaboration with local homeownership initiatives and be targeted to heavily minority program areas;
  • Pursuing strategic partnerships in 20 top housing markets between homebuilders, lenders, local officials, and community leaders to develop approaches that address the local challenges to building homes for minority families living in urban centers;
  • Establishing of faith-based housing partnerships between the participants and at least 100 churches, mosques, synagogues, and other faith-based institutions;
  • Aggressively developing new mortgage products so that conventional market alternatives are available to combat the predatory loan products that are disproportionately targeted to minorities;
  • Creating new mortgage products to meet the unique needs of recent immigrants;
  • Dramatically expanding financial education efforts for minorities, providing financial counseling to at least 380,000 minority families, and taking measures at the local level to reduce predatory lending; and
  • Establishing multilingual, consumer-oriented internet Web sites designed to help minorities overcome barriers to homeownership, including creation of a central data bank of affordable housing programs made available to real estate agents when working with clients.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I am tired of the political bickering and finger pointing.

Right before you said

Bush's mission to get 5.5 million low income minorities mortgages when they would not otherwise qualify for them.
That was NOT his mission.. His mission was to encourage home ownership, just like every dam president that came before him.. Not ones they couldnt qualify for.. Stop with the political bickering while LYING about peoples positions.

In fact Bush tried to STOP people from getting mortgages, he tried to increase the liquidity valies of both Fannie and Freddie, and Democrats again BLOCKED this increased security demands..

Old 04-02-2011, 12:34 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
I challenge you to return to school and learn how the voting process is done.. Maybe if you educate yourself on the requirements to get bills passed into law, you'd stop making a fool of yourself by making statements like this...

This humor of yours is only compounded by the fact that you blamed the GOP for Obama not getting things passed, despite the fact that the Democrats had a much higher percentage of both House and Senate..

Tell me, are you math challenged that you dont understand that the higher the number of the other party, the tougher it is to get bills passed, or do you have "Democrats can do no wrong" so inbread into your brain, that you will ignore facts, even when its in pretty videos that even a 5th graders could undrstand?

Tell me, did you WATCH the videos of Democrats attacking regulators who KNEW we were headed into a collapse, and they attacked the regulators? How about the Democrats BLOCKING every bill? DEMOCRATS ARE THE PARTY OF NO!!.. Spare me the political bull crap until you watch the videos because one thing I cant stand is a poster who sits here blaiming the other side for something your party was CLEARLY to blame for..
More scurrying away from the "party of (no) personal responsibility"
Gotta love it.

LOL

Ken

Old 04-02-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
More scurrying away from the "party of (no) personal responsibility"
Gotta love it.

LOL

Ken
So you have nothing to dispute the FACTS presented and have to resort to living in denial?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies