Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Life is good at the top of corporate America. CEO pay rose 12% last year, bringing the average compensation to $9.6 million in 2010, based on a report and study done by NY Times. That's definitely a lot of money at a time when middle class wages haven't increased for a generation and unemployment remains near 9%.

The highest paid CEO in the U.S. last year was Viacom's Phillipe Dauman who raked in $84.5 million, thanks to one-time stock awards. Ray Irani of Occidental Petroleum follows on the list with $76.1 million, a 142% pay increase over 2009. Oracle's Larry Ellison, who was displaced at the top of the list this year, took a pay cut but still brought home $70.1 million. (He also remains the third-richest American, with a net worth of $39.5 billion, according to the Forbes annual list of billionaires.)

It=
Being you have all the answers, why aren't you one of them?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Oh they do it too. Large corporations have often times gone astray from their original purpose. However union membership is about 12% of the country so talks of union power is often overblown. Whereas the rich are historically richer and they keep paying off idiots (see: Ryan, Paul) to offer up bigger and bigger cuts to them.
Ah, you true partisan colors are shown. Why didn't you mention Dodd ans Frank in your complaint? Are they not guilty of the same thing?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Ah, you true partisan colors are shown. Why didn't you mention Dodd ans Frank in your complaint? Are they not guilty of the same thing?
My true partisan colors? Have you ever READ another one of my posts? Do you know how much I despise both parties? I mentioned Paul Ryan because he's the most recent idiot to pop up, sort of the idiot of the week. In the end Paul Ryan, Barack Obama, Dodd, Frank, Boehner, Clinton, they all fight for the same Corporate team.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 AM

442 posts, read 553,333 times
Quote:
My true partisan colors? Have you ever READ another one of my posts? Do you know how much I despise both parties? I mentioned Paul Ryan because he's the most recent idiot to pop up, sort of the idiot of the week. In the end Paul Ryan, Barack Obama, Dodd, Frank, Boehner, Clinton, they all fight for the same Corporate team.
Yep! It is scary how people can confuse truth for "liberal news."

Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times

The charts on the previous page confirm a point I have long made, that reduced stock ownership by the middle class since the 90s has fueled this nonsense. See how CEO pay spiked during the Dot Com bubble? It fell after the bubble collapsed, then rose again with the stock market.

As the resident left wingers will tell you, the stock market has gone way up in the past year or so. Hence the accompanying surge in CEO pay. Interestingly, some of the same people praising stock market gains also complain about excessive CEO pay and corporate profits.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
None.

My friend is an electrician with a chapter of the IBEW, wanna know what their current unemployment rate is in that chapter? 66%
But they still find money to contribute. I wonder how many of these are repubs.

IBEW (Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) Campaign Contributions to U.S. Congress Legislators | MAPLight.org - Money and Politics

Old 04-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Do you get on those who work and still need government assistance to make ends meet? Do you get the corporate welfare queens?
One main problem I see most conservatives have no problem with helping people in need on a temporary basis. The liberals want people helped for life.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Yes I have read some of you other posts. You have no credibility IMO because all you do is name call. Same old chant, "Anybody who doesn't agree with me is an idiot", as if you are so smart.

You hate any company that has succeeded. what is your life experience that makes you such a hater of any company that has succeeded?

Corporations are the ones that employ people. What is you idea, they all go bankrupt and fire everybody?

I noticed you deride politicians for connections to businesses but, don't mention the union and associations connection to the dems. Why is that?

Old 04-13-2011, 08:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default It’s Good to Be the King: CEO Pay Up Big 2010, Not So Much For the Average Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Life is good at the top of corporate America. CEO pay rose 12% last year, bringing the average compensation to $9.6 million in 2010, based on a report and study done by NY Times. That's definitely a lot of money at a time when middle class wages haven't increased for a generation and unemployment remains near 9%.

The highest paid CEO in the U.S. last year was Viacom's Phillipe Dauman who raked in $84.5 million, thanks to one-time stock awards. Ray Irani of Occidental Petroleum follows on the list with $76.1 million, a 142% pay increase over 2009. Oracle's Larry Ellison, who was displaced at the top of the list this year, took a pay cut but still brought home $70.1 million. (He also remains the third-richest American, with a net worth of $39.5 billion, according to the Forbes annual list of billionaires.)

It=

What could be more American than an entrenched wealthy class that exists on the output of the masses?

Oh, excuse me...

That's feudalism.

That's what we revolted against in 1776.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 AM

442 posts, read 553,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
One main problem I see most conservatives have no problem with helping people in need on a temporary basis. The liberals want people helped for life.
It isn't about "handouts" it is about doing what is right, and making sure everyone is treated fairly, and people aren't being exploited, to make others rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies