Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 03:47 PM

313 posts, read 284,691 times

Advertisements

The ceo of the company I work for has raked in record compensation for 2009 and 2010. All while the employees of the company were told there was no room in the budget for raises. There was, however, plenty of room for added work.

Not that I advocate government controls or anything on the private sector but the level of greed the American worker sees from the top executives of many public companies shocks the majority of the developed world.

Literally it resembles what you see in many third world countries where the people work for peanuts as some corrupt dictator rakes in millions.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:28 AM

545 posts, read 400,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
The ceo of the company I work for has raked in record compensation for 2009 and 2010. All while the employees of the company were told there was no room in the budget for raises. There was, however, plenty of room for added work.

Not that I advocate government controls or anything on the private sector but the level of greed the American worker sees from the top executives of many public companies shocks the majority of the developed world.

Literally it resembles what you see in many third world countries where the people work for peanuts as some corrupt dictator rakes in millions.

May I ask you what company that was?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
what you just said had no substance in reality at all........I am not going to try to alter your beliefs....the kind of beliefs that are so detached from logic and anything making sense it would be pointless to try...this is just sad...It takes alot to baffle me and you just did...but it also made me sad...

"There are no doubt employees working within the corporation that are more important to the company than the top manager"

a mail clerk is just as important as the CEO?..what?

"have worked probably as hard or harder than the CEO at every level"

then why aren't you CEO of your own company?

" and my being fired would not have any less significance than the CEO being fired. Every employee, including the CEO is replacable"

employees are fired all the time and replaced in a heartbeat..how often are CEOs fired and replaced?

"Gee I guess I have a 'false sense of importance' by placing myself at the same level as the CEO."

yeah you do, otherwise your pay would be the same as his...you can't be this dense...this obtuse..you have to be joking with me..if not, well this is sad...
The stock answer of people don't care to think, is 'well then why aren't YOU a CEO?'. Obviously not everyone wants to be one. Some prefer invention. Some prefer research. Some want to climb the corporate management ladder and attain the top management role - I am not one.

You equate 'importance' with how much 'pay' one earns. Yes.. you are truly 'sad'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies