Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:21 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times

Advertisements

What is the point of this article...
Did your money some how come from your paycheck to give this guy a bonus.
The company he works for did, and unless you work for that company stop your complaining.
You want a raise work for it, get a new job the rules for all bonuses for all kinds of paying jobs is completely different from job to job and company to company. Hell people at Merrill Lynch working as investors who make the company 1 million dollars get a bonus of like 90k a BONUS. That doesnt include their salary. When you make the company money you can start talking about how much you want from your bonus and if you dont like it get different job, yet be a CEO of your own company and give yoursellf a BONUS!
This average worker nonsense and comparing them to CEO's is just plain stupid mind your own business and do your job. If aren't cutting him the check why do you care if the stupid companies want to pay these people crazy numbers that is their economic problem. If people at the company see what he is making and dont like how the company is run and are losing money then ONLY THOSE PEOPLE WHO WORK their can complain and or get another job where companies aren't making political statements with bonuses, and inside business politic friendships.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:29 PM

545 posts, read 400,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I never said it was 'simple' to become a CEO, obviously it isn't. Secondly, the CEO is not my 'employer', the corporate entity is. He is an employee that holds a certain job title, just like me. The problem is, they start to think they are royalty instead of an employee. Like one CEO who had a private elevator that went straight to the penthouse office, because he didn't want to associate with the 'common' employee. They make bad decisions, but when they lose millions for their company, they are given a golden parachute worth millions, instead of just being shown the door, like the 'common' employee.

Who authorize lay offs?....the CEO right?...anybody who can fire you also employs you...

if you can acknowledge that it isn't easy to become a CEO, then can't you also acknowledge that they are not "common"?

sorry but the guy who spent 30+ years climbing the ladder, working insane hours and just getting it done isn't just another employee.....if you or I screw up it only effects us...if a CEO screws up something the company could collaspe.....and employees can usually be replaced in no time...if you were fired today you would probably be replaced and they wouldn't miss a beat....a CEO on the other hand would take much, much longer to find.....if anyone can be a CEO, they wouldn't get paid so much and it would be alot more of them running around...

and you are right about those "golden parachutes"...but those are in their contracts and agreed upon by the board...if the employees don't like it they can work somewhere else...if the stockholders don't like it they can sell their stocks...and we all know what would happen when a company stock becomes worthless...

I don't like the fact that the douche bags of Jersey Shore are millionaires for drinking, hooking up with strangers, partying and so on, don't hear too many people whine about how unfair it is getting paid millions just to have sex with strangers is....selective outrage I suppose....but hey if that is the market, if that is what someone else would pay them...then more power to them...

Last edited by EricGold; 04-13-2011 at 01:47 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 02:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post

The charts on the previous page confirm a point I have long made, that reduced stock ownership by the middle class since the 90s has fueled this nonsense. See how CEO pay spiked during the Dot Com bubble? It fell after the bubble collapsed, then rose again with the stock market.

As the resident left wingers will tell you, the stock market has gone way up in the past year or so. Hence the accompanying surge in CEO pay. Interestingly, some of the same people praising stock market gains also complain about excessive CEO pay and corporate profits.

CEOs must take advantage of the high funds from investors to pad their pockets. If the company goes down, the CEO takes whatever is left as umbrella pay and leaves the stockholders high and dry.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:11 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times
9.6 million and cons ***** if some union guy makes 50 grand

Old 04-13-2011, 03:00 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
Who authorize lay offs?....the CEO right?...anybody who can fire you also employs you...

if you can acknowledge that it isn't easy to become a CEO, then can't you also acknowledge that they are not "common"?

sorry but the guy who spent 30+ years climbing the ladder, working insane hours and just getting it done isn't just another employee.....if you or I screw up it only effects us...if a CEO screws up something the company could collaspe.....and employees can usually be replaced in no time...if you were fired today you would probably be replaced and they wouldn't miss a beat....a CEO on the other hand would take much, much longer to find.....if anyone can be a CEO, they wouldn't get paid so much and it would be alot more of them running around...

and you are right about those "golden parachutes"...but those are in their contracts and agreed upon by the board...if the employees don't like it they can work somewhere else...if the stockholders don't like it they can sell their stocks...and we all know what would happen when a company stock becomes worthless...

I don't like the fact that the douche bags of Jersey Shore are millionaires for drinking, hooking up with strangers, partying and so on, don't hear too many people whine about how unfair it is getting paid millions just to have sex with strangers is....selective outrage I suppose....but hey if that is the market, if that is what someone else would pay them...then more power to them...
Being able to fire someone does not make them your employer. The company that pays your salary and provides your benefits is your employer. The last time I looked, that was not the CEO. Lower level managers have the ability to hire and fire also. That does not make them my employer, that is just part of their job description.

You like to glorify the CEO - like a good boy. Your quote '30+ years climbing the ladder, working insane hours and just getting it done isn't just another employee' - LOL!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Being able to fire someone does not make them your employer. The company that pays your salary and provides your benefits is your employer. The last time I looked, that was not the CEO. Lower level managers have the ability to hire and fire also. That does not make them my employer, that is just part of their job description.

You like to glorify the CEO - like a good boy. Your quote '30+ years climbing the ladder, working insane hours and just getting it done isn't just another employee' - LOL!!!!!!!!!
and you have a false sense of importance by saying "he is an employee that holds a certain job title, just like me."...sorry you could be fired in a heartbeat and no one would notice...deal with it...

CEOs are directly responsible for just about everything...including your employment....why else do liberals rage about "CEOs laying off workers while taking massive bonuses "?...if CEOs didn't direct overall employment then what are the libs whining about them?...if the "company" was only responsible...then why get mad at the CEO and not the company?

and if the "company" is in-charge of then why is the "company" paying CEOs so much when they are "just an employee"? .how are they taking all that money?....if CEOs didn't bring results then he and you can loss their job...if he don't do his job, then you have no job....him doing his job is your employment...and yes I am aware that you doing your job is your employment...but if he or she didn't do theirs then you wouldn't have a job to go to, to begin with..

put it like this...if the CEO acted recklessly what do you think will happen to you?...you would either have you salary reduced or just outright laid off...so with so much stuff he has to do to ensure you have a job to go to...and he can still fire you, remember...

if the CEO decides he or she wants to expand the company like many of them do then what do you think would happen?..new jobs and thus he or she was directly responsible for your employment .....lower management can't open up entire new offices and buildings can they?..then I would say he is an employer..maybe not solely for I am sure the owner(s) have a stack in it too...

.....can't believe I had to explain all of that but its not surprising, those who act like they know it, would be doing it...not whining about it online...but having an inflated sense of self-worth would do that I suppose.

and yes I did say "30+ years climbing the ladder, working insane hours and just getting it done isn't just another employe"... so exactly what part of that wasn't true?...since you didn't have anything intelligent to say you resulted to childish and pathetic tactic..and I bet you feel good about yourself too..sad..and I am a free-lancer/self employed...taking my life into my own hands was hard but then again I get to miss out on that irrational hate for CEOs like you people do so I say it was a fair trade...

Last edited by EricGold; 04-13-2011 at 03:50 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 08:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No, no, no, no...

They deserve it because Jesus loves them just like he loves money. Besides, everybody knows that poor people are poor because they're just lazy. Jesus hates lazy bums. But if your job is to lay out by the pool waiting for the dividends to hit your account, then your hard labor just isn't rewarded enough. God (and the GOP) want you to get a tax break.

GOP Jesus

Old 04-15-2011, 03:45 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
and you have a false sense of importance by saying "he is an employee that holds a certain job title, just like me."...sorry you could be fired in a heartbeat and no one would notice...deal with it...

CEOs are directly responsible for just about everything...including your employment....why else do liberals rage about "CEOs laying off workers while taking massive bonuses "?...if CEOs didn't direct overall employment then what are the libs whining about them?...if the "company" was only responsible...then why get mad at the CEO and not the company?

and if the "company" is in-charge of then why is the "company" paying CEOs so much when they are "just an employee"? .how are they taking all that money?....if CEOs didn't bring results then he and you can loss their job...if he don't do his job, then you have no job....him doing his job is your employment...and yes I am aware that you doing your job is your employment...but if he or she didn't do theirs then you wouldn't have a job to go to, to begin with..

put it like this...if the CEO acted recklessly what do you think will happen to you?...you would either have you salary reduced or just outright laid off...so with so much stuff he has to do to ensure you have a job to go to...and he can still fire you, remember...

if the CEO decides he or she wants to expand the company like many of them do then what do you think would happen?..new jobs and thus he or she was directly responsible for your employment .....lower management can't open up entire new offices and buildings can they?..then I would say he is an employer..maybe not solely for I am sure the owner(s) have a stack in it too...

.....can't believe I had to explain all of that but its not surprising, those who act like they know it, would be doing it...not whining about it online...but having an inflated sense of self-worth would do that I suppose.

and yes I did say "30+ years climbing the ladder, working insane hours and just getting it done isn't just another employe"... so exactly what part of that wasn't true?...since you didn't have anything intelligent to say you resulted to childish and pathetic tactic..and I bet you feel good about yourself too..sad..and I am a free-lancer/self employed...taking my life into my own hands was hard but then again I get to miss out on that irrational hate for CEOs like you people do so I say it was a fair trade...
Gee I guess I have a 'false sense of importance' by placing myself at the same level as the CEO. Forgive me. I have worked probably as hard or harder than the CEO at every level, and my being fired would not have any less significance than the CEO being fired. Every employee, including the CEO is replacable. There are no doubt employees working within the corporation that are more important to the company than the top manager. If you don't believe that you are truly deluded.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:53 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
With all the stupid republicans in this country we will be back being serfs soon enough.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Gee I guess I have a 'false sense of importance' by placing myself at the same level as the CEO. Forgive me. I have worked probably as hard or harder than the CEO at every level, and my being fired would not have any less significance than the CEO being fired. Every employee, including the CEO is replacable. There are no doubt employees working within the corporation that are more important to the company than the top manager. If you don't believe that you are truly deluded.
what you just said had no substance in reality at all........I am not going to try to alter your beliefs....the kind of beliefs that are so detached from logic and anything making sense it would be pointless to try...this is just sad...It takes alot to baffle me and you just did...but it also made me sad...

"There are no doubt employees working within the corporation that are more important to the company than the top manager"

a mail clerk is just as important as the CEO?..what?

"have worked probably as hard or harder than the CEO at every level"

then why aren't you CEO of your own company?

" and my being fired would not have any less significance than the CEO being fired. Every employee, including the CEO is replacable"

employees are fired all the time and replaced in a heartbeat..how often are CEOs fired and replaced?

"Gee I guess I have a 'false sense of importance' by placing myself at the same level as the CEO."

yeah you do, otherwise your pay would be the same as his...you can't be this dense...this obtuse..you have to be joking with me..if not, well this is sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies