Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
meh, Rand 1, Bernie 0.

Liberty 1 - tryanny 0

:-)

This is a battle of ideas not individuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 01:33 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
"Rand Paul: If You Believe In A Right To Health Care, ‘You Believe In Slavery’"

To really scare the wits out of America he should have added that healthcare is the work of the devil.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post

To really scare the wits out of America he should have added that universal healthcare is the work of the devil.
Fixed it for ya.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What makes you think I do?

You can get more subsidies than a poor person could ever have, according to how much you claimed you made when you went on a liberal rant re: gun rights in another discussion.

Yikes you hold a grudge. I admit I haven't passed the conservative purity test, I don't think all weapons are covered by the 2nd amendment. I do believe in the right to bear arms, just not bazookas.

For our liberal friends who think our exchange was serious, rights apply to all or none.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:45 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Where was the fear mongering if not in this thread?

Basically, once you imply a belief in a right to someone’s services — do you have a right to plumbing? Do you have a right to water? Do you have right to food? — you’re basically saying you believe in slavery

Healthcare is not a RIGHT. Having others take care of YOU, is a privlidge. Why dont you learn the difference?

In fact your link didnt even take the time out to list why Paul was wrong, come to think of it.. neither did you!!
I like both Ron and Rand Paul. However, this is my
disagreement - Health care should be a right to
every born citizen with a national health care single
payer system in place. While I understand both Pauls'
wish for a true private enterprise system, one does
not exist today, nor with high tech medicine, will it
ever be able to to, from an individual financial perspective.

This is my main disagreement with my own party (Libertarian). Whether it be grandma or grandchild -
we all should have a right to affordable health care -
single payer system - the only feasible way to go

Old 05-13-2011, 01:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It was $400B in entitlements to promote socialized medicine, probably higher because all gov't programs are more than the gov't claims (makes the bill easier to pass ya know). There was insufficient monies in tax revenue to pay for it, so the money was borrowed. Bush needed the old fart vote for 2004 and that was that. The taxpayer is responsible for paying the interest on this borrowed money. Even at 3%, that's $12B per year the poor and middle class is responsible to pay back. When interest rates rise as they inevitably will, that will be more of a burden on taxpayers.
This isnt making any sense..

Bush giving out $400B in entitlements to promote socialized medicare, doesnt equate to the backs of the poor and middle class. Even at 3% per year, and your $12B per year equation, doesnt equate to the poor and middle class being responsible to pay back IF THEY PAY ZERO

Old 05-13-2011, 02:51 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,298,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
But under the 'Affordable Healthcare Act' the government will control the 'rights' of the work place. Doctors will be employed at the will and pleasure of the government, should the government decide to allow that employment. This becomes coercion... servitude... slavery.
The healthcare law is about insurance and related issues (the mandate, the exchanges, subsidies for low-income people, etc.). It’s has nothing to do with employing doctors.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
The healthcare law is about insurance and related issues (the mandate, the exchanges, subsidies for low-income people, etc.). It’s has nothing to do with employing doctors.
Then you're blind to government/bureaucratic intent.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:59 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post

The discussion is about healthcare being a right. What Paul said is absolutely right. You do not have a "right" to others goods or labor.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:08 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
So, now that I have a "right" to firearms ownership does that now mean my firearms should be provided to me by the federal government for.........free? Sign me up!
You don't have a right to firearms you have a right to firearms ownership. See the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies