Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 12:15 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually I fell off a deck and broke both wrists.. Whats that have to do with the topic?

And? Thats why she has insurance..

Whats your point other than to in 1 sentence say that they cant turn patients away, while in the next, you list hospitals that can?

I have no need to continue to list other hospitals that are allowed to turn patients away.. I said that some are allowed, YOU listed some hospitals that are allowed. YOU made my argument for me..

FAIL.. I said that not all hospitals are required to treat patients, and then you go on and list hospitals that are not required to treat all patients.. What the hells your point other than to now back out of your claim that i was wrong while you listed examples of me being correct? See I can do slappy face as well, that isnt helping you.

And yet you sit there trying to tell me that hospitals are required to see patients, whil listing hospitals that arent.. You are getting very confusing...

ooh please stop moaning and groaning to me about how you are fed up with your job.. I cant help you with personal issues, nor do I care...

Your certainly continues to mean nothing to me.. Why are you sharing your opinion while trying to pass it off as facts?

And one paragraph after you go on and tell me that you know about the law, you then again introduce evidence that you dont.. EMTALA is a mandate on the hospitals, and only if they are PAID by the federal government. The fact that the hospital is paid by the government does NOT make it a right.. Under that argument, an individual could rape you and then leave you $10 for services rendered, and you couldnt call it rape.. Sorry, that isnt going to fly..

Your opinion on someones credibility means nothing to me as well.. NONE..

Sorry, I have better things to do then to contact people for you and make your argument, especially considering its wrong, like above.. EMTALA does not mandate healthcare a RIGHT, even if you pretend it does.. it mandates that a hospital provide a service IF the hospital follows standards to be paid.. By definition rights can not be revoked.. EMTALA can be, and here we have you asking for it.. By your own admission its not a right now, but you will continue to proclaim you didnt say what you did.
ROTFLMAO!

My, oh my. Such anger. I must have struck a nerve.

I never stated there is a "right" to healthcare. I brought up EMTALA because it has created an ipso facto "right to healthcare" as evidenced by case law.

EMTALA: What Every Healthcare Negligence Lawyer Should Know

Seriously, anger appears to cloud your ability to comprehend and infer.

Good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 01:55 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
I don't recall Christ billing those whom he treated, nor exhorting his followers to show disdain for the poor and needy...quite the opposite, in fact. Of course, there's that little matter of the Hippocratic Oath. By all means, read both versions.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/hi...ath-today.html

Old 05-14-2011, 02:38 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I suggest you submit a better example.

If you are the only doctor on a deserted island and choose not to provide your services unless you are given something in return (extra food, etc) I guarantee you quite a few of the other 99 people on said island are going to kill you, roast you over an open pit and eat you.

Do not assume that people's humanity remains intact under duress. History has shown the depravity that people are capable of under desperate circumstances.
i think the poster submitted an excellent example.

if you overrun the doctor and kill the doctor, guess what?

you have lost your humanity, you still have NO FREAKING DOCTOR now, and the rest of you are going to die (at least according to the scenario). maybe not all 99 people are that stupid.

this reminds me of zimbabwe where the people were so stupid that they killed the farmers, took the land, didn't know how to farm it, and then everybody suffered.

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-14-2011 at 03:00 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 04:59 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
ROTFLMAO!

My, oh my. Such anger. I must have struck a nerve.

I never stated there is a "right" to healthcare. I brought up EMTALA because it has created an ipso facto "right to healthcare" as evidenced by case law.

EMTALA: What Every Healthcare Negligence Lawyer Should Know

Seriously, anger appears to cloud your ability to comprehend and infer.

Good night.
Too funny, you really have no idea what a right is? Do you?

Old 05-14-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I don't recall Christ billing those whom he treated, nor exhorting his followers to show disdain for the poor and needy...quite the opposite, in fact. Of course, there's that little matter of the Hippocratic Oath. By all means, read both versions.

NOVA | The Hippocratic Oath Today
Yikes, the left likes to invoke Christ when it is convenient for them, don't they?

I also don't recall Christ charging for the loaves and the fishes or turning water into wine. Where is my free food and booze!!!!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:16 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
I wouldn't expect lib/progressives to understand the man.

There is only one truth.

Your "right" makes someone else "responsible" for that perceived "right".

Old 05-14-2011, 05:42 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I wouldn't expect lib/progressives to understand the man.

There is only one truth.

Your "right" makes someone else "responsible" for that perceived "right".

and then THAT person responsible has lost his/her rights.

i think that is what rand was getting at. (at least how i perceive it)

Old 05-14-2011, 05:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
The main problem with healthcare is the cost. Quit voting in the slimeballs that are in bed with the industry causing prices to rise. Congress puts laws in place making prices higher and quality lower. That's what happens when you stifle competition. Competition is incentive. Without incentive people won't work as hard.
Ever wonder why you see more rude and inept people in government? You are their captive audience. They know that you have nowhere else to go. So shut up and take what I'm serving, you have NO CHOICE. Why thank you benevolent hand of government.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The main problem with healthcare is the cost. Quit voting in the slimeballs that are in bed with the industry causing prices to rise. Congress puts laws in place making prices higher and quality lower. That's what happens when you stifle competition. Competition is incentive. Without incentive people won't work as hard.
Ever wonder why you see more rude and inept people in government? You are their captive audience. They know that you have nowhere else to go. So shut up and take what I'm serving, you have NO CHOICE. Why thank you benevolent hand of government.
No, stop having other people pay for treatment and prices will fall like a stone. When you are spending other peoples money you don't really care about cost/benefit. When you are spending yournown money you really pay attention.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
I NEVER said healthcare is a "right".
Nor did I. Both of us were pointing out some problems with the example given, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies