Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:01 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
The right wing is against the liberal safety net system. So...my question is (and republicans espouse this belief that help should come from personal charity and the churches), why aren't the churches flinging their doors open to house the homeless and those in need? Certainly they have plenty of pews (aka benches) and could afford a few sleeping bags from those Sunday collections.

WWJD?

Jesus has nothing to do with it.

BTW some people are homeless because they CHOOSE to be homeless.

Granted there are homeless that are temporarily down and out that need a helping hand, but some of these losers will expect you to carry them and families for generations.

The homeless losers I see around LA have money for beer and cigarettes but they need help???

You can give these defects a million dollars and they'll still end up back on the streets. You need to ask the " Churches " this question.

While you're at it ask the Catholic Church why it tells ignorant poor idiots not to use birth control and ( WWJW ) why would Jesus want them to continually breed and bring more helpless children into poverty to starve and suffer when these idiots can't take care of themselves and the children they already have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 07:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Separation of Church and State. The GOP does not run the churches.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Jesus has nothing to do with it.

BTW some people are homeless because they CHOOSE to be homeless.

Granted there are homeless that are temporarily down and out that need a helping hand, but some of these losers will expect you to carry them and families for generations.

The homeless losers I see around LA have money for beer and cigarettes but they need help???

You can give these defects a million dollars and they'll still end up back on the streets. You need to ask the " Churches " this question.

While you're at it ask the Catholic Church why it tells ignorant poor idiots not to use birth control and ( WWJW ) why would Jesus want them to continually breed and bring more helpless children into poverty to starve and suffer when these idiots can't take care of themselves and the children they already have?

Yup, The welfare check comes and for generations, each time it's party untill the money is gone, and then it's famine till the next check comes.

Welfare is great if you want a nation full of beggars.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:11 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,324,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
If welfare ended everyone would just go get a job.
Well apparently that makes too much sense for the confused liberals. But shhh, you can't tell them. They won't be able to wrap their head around such information, they'll have a nervous breakdown and their head will explode.

Last edited by 90sman; 06-20-2011 at 07:19 PM..

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because the GOP does not care about the poor. I don't know how much influence that these churches have on their congregations, or more importantly, how much influence FOX has on these churches, but there are many churches who do help the poor and they do so out of love. They are the real deal, practicing Christian ideals.

But, it's worth mentioning that they are outnumbered by churches full of faux Christians who watch FAUX News.

You seem to be quite the expert on what people do in their homes. Are you peeking in their windows??

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Just another trolling thread by a Progressive World Citizen
No, honestly, I had this conversation with my mother and she got so perturbed (as a republican and church goer), I thought I'd ask it here.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:12 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because the GOP does not care about the poor. I don't know how much influence that these churches have on their congregations, or more importantly, how much influence FOX has on these churches, but there are many churches who do help the poor and they do so out of love. They are the real deal, practicing Christian ideals.

But, it's worth mentioning that they are outnumbered by churches full of faux Christians who watch FAUX News.
I have been to many churches of many faiths as a guest of neighbors.There are 7 churches within 5 blocks of my house and I can assure you none watch or mention Fox news. Yet all have charities that help anyone in the community who needs help. Your obsession with right wing churches closing their doors to those in need is a sick fantasy. the op has gone silent after throwing out this bs trying to start this silly argument that has no merit

Old 06-20-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What? Live what they preach? You must be nuts.
My thinking is along these lines. I have toured the overflow shelters in my town. They look like a bunch of bodies in a concentration camp. This makes me wonder why churches do not open their doors and offer shelter in at least extreme climates (where I live and where my mother lives - both opposite extremes in climate).

Old 06-20-2011, 07:15 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I have been to many churches of many faiths as a guest of neighbors.There are 7 churches within 5 blocks of my house and I can assure you none watch or mention Fox news. Yet all have charities that help anyone in the community who needs help. Your obsession with right wing churches closing their doors to those in need is a sick fantasy. the op has gone silent after throwing out this bs trying to start this silly argument that has no merit
In my church, they do a lot of missionary work and raised $100,000 to buy out this crime ridden bar in my downtown that is the source of drug dealing and violence in a bad neighborhood and crime has gone down in the neighborhood since then. Not to mention they mobilize the congregation to clean up the local school which is falling apart. The OP clearly doesn't go to church

Old 06-20-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
The OP has not gone silent. The OP wants to know why the churches do not open their doors and let their church benches be used as a place to sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies