Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:24 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
No, I don't. But I have visited several and their doors seem to be locked far too often when there are those in need who could use a respite from the heat or cold.
Do you even realize why some churches have had to start locking their doors? It's because of thieves and vandals. Do you really have a valid point or are you using this to simply bash Christians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I have been to many churches of many faiths as a guest of neighbors.There are 7 churches within 5 blocks of my house and I can assure you none watch or mention Fox news.
Of course you can.

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Oh, Jesus has nothing to do with it? Then, pulease, close all the doors to the Christian churches - oh, and their tax free status while you are at it.
They are tax free because they exist for one purpose, because they are a religious organization, not a shelter.

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I have been to many churches of many faiths as a guest of neighbors.There are 7 churches within 5 blocks of my house and I can assure you none watch or mention Fox news. Yet all have charities that help anyone in the community who needs help. Your obsession with right wing churches closing their doors to those in need is a sick fantasy. the op has gone silent after throwing out this bs trying to start this silly argument that has no merit
You could start a thread about pretty much anything: pinto beans, even- and the poster you quoted would somehow manage to commence wailing 'FAUX NEWS! FAUX NEWS!'
It's an obsession.

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So you're just trolling then? By the way, Christianity is not exclusive to the right wing, and the local churches in Berkshire, England also have their doors locked at night. This isn't an American thing. You have a problem with the church and just disguising it with social safety nets

Thank you. I was about to type this, and according to building regulations and tax codes, churches and shelters are different. If I wanted to convert a house into a dental clinic, I would need to get a permit for that, for example

Anytime anyone raises a HARD question they are accused of trolling. Well, after 3K posts I am no troll.

But I apparently do raise some touchy issues.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:27 PM

355 posts, read 209,706 times
Dems in my state outlawed Food, not Bombs.

However, this is not surprising coming from a state where liberals practically outlawed the Green Party.

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Quote:
Oh, Jesus has nothing to do with it? Then, pulease, close all the doors to the Christian churches - oh, and their tax free status while you are at it.
Do you hate Christian churches or your mother? One of your previous post you mentioned your mom was Christian and here you display obvious hatred towards the church. Is that about your feelings towards the church or your mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They are tax free because they exist for one purpose, because they are a religious organization, not a shelter.
And what would that one purpose be? Geez, I read the New Testament and recall Jesus saying to take care of the poor, downtrodden, etc.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Do you hate Christian churches or your mother? One of your previous post you mentioned your mom was Christian and here you display obvious hatred towards the church. Is that about your feelings towards the church or your mom?
Again, I want to know what Jesus would do. If people claim to be Christians, then by that very stance they should be opening their doors AND sanctuary to those in need. THAT is what Jesus would do.

What does the political party of Jesus do?

Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Open your own doors and leave them unlocked for the homeless and quit whining about how you want someone else to deal with it. you people sure are good at having someone else doing,paying for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies