Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Oh wow. Lookie there - a bunch of idiot rednecks bragging about their guns and threatening to shoot those of us who dun got that thar fancy book learnin'. How quaint. One wonders how these things learned to use the internet.
They believe all those ridiculous disaster movies they've seen are true.......I wonder which one they're talking about now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
It doesn't matter because if the bus and train/subway isn't running, and there are no cabs to call, they can't leave. They'll just have to hunker down in Whole Foods and Starbucks until their money runs out...And in Los Angeles, they'll be stuck in traffic.

Now the guys that actually live in the subway, they may survive.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:28 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,727,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
We know where you are, you're first on the list of people to eat.
First my neighbors pets, then my neighbors

Old 07-14-2011, 07:30 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,625,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You're kidding yourself. When it goes down, the intelligent, educated, organized people will organize and quickly take over every dimension of any new society, and will survive just fine. The survivalists living on burnt hamburger and peanuts will be given latrine detail.
Honestly...it seems like most "intelligent, educated, organized people" I have known tend to be unable to cross the street without their school or the government telling them how or when to do it.

41,813 posts, read 51,127,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
First my neighbors pets, then my neighbors
Guess that order would depend on how well you like your neighbor.

9,982 posts, read 13,779,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
More likely they'd just kill you and take whatever you may have that they want.
Nope, My wife and I would have them doing yoga and singing kumbaya and put them in a strict wheatgrass, green tea, and raw food diet. They'll be gentle as lambs.

When you guys come around, I will arm each with grenade launcher and a backback full of 4loko and send them your way.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,127,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Honestly...it seems like most "intelligent, educated, organized people" I have known tend to be unable to cross the street without their school or the government telling them how or when to do it.
I had one neighbor with all kinds of degrees, really intelligent person but he barely knew which end of a screwdriver to hold. My favorite story about him was when he called me in a panic because a water pipe burst in his basement and he didn't know how to shut it off... There was things he be asking me to do that my nephew knew how to do before he was 10.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,220,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When the sheet hits the fan, a country boy will survive!

How many city slickers own a scoped rifle?
How many own a pistol?

No wonder they want to take our guns away, mainly semi-auto long guns.
Those intellectual elites in the city, fear the rednecks that can hit a dime at 500 yards, more so than a city slicker that can't hit a target at 30 yards with there 9mm.
OK Mr. Tinfoil hat, what exactly is going to happen that will decimate an entire city overnight?

If S**t starts to hit the fan, people will adapt to survive. That is how humans work. The smart people take advantage of the conveniences of cities while realizing there will never be an overnight catastrophe (you cannot plan for black swans), while the ignorant live their entire lives in paranoia and fear.

Give me a library for a week and I will go farther than if you gave me a rifle, a pistol and free ammo for life. I would bet my life on that. But hey, it does take more effort to read than shoot something, so I can understand why some people would prefer the rifle.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:37 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,068,624 times
Yeah, I know this is a joke thread (too silly otherwise) but sadly for every joke...some people really believe it.

There was a maintenance guy at the apartment complex I live at who was really nice, but really crankish about anyone "taking away his guns". When the repubs got into the house, and didn't summarily (and illegally) kick out the elected democrats he quit and bought a 50 acre farm out of town. He stated he would defend his farm from any "thieves or authority"...like the 1 million people in town, the police, the national guard and the army. Then stated when he won, he would enjoy the produce he grew with his own hand.

It was so silly, but I didn't say a word. Best not to question lunacy like that.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:38 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,625,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I had one neighbor with all kinds of degrees, really intelligent person but he barely knew which end of a screwdriver to hold. My favorite story about him was when he called me in a panic because a water pipe burst in his basement and he didn't know how to shut it off... There was things he be asking me to do that my nephew knew how to do before he was 10.
M dad used to work as a dairy farmer...it wasn't his own farm, but was owned by a charitable organization in the area. There was a guy that was hired that had gone to school to learn to farm...but he was so inexperienced and had no common sense that he would actually call my mom to get advice on how to do stuff when he couldn't find my dad.

Two years after he started he was my Dad's boss...because he had the degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies