Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does this Ad help the Same Sex Marriage Cause?
Yes, its a great Ad and would sway me in the direction of support for Same Sex Marriage. 26 29.89%
No. It's offensive and pushes me away from support for same sex marriage. 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 05:23 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Do you think children should be allowed to read the bible? If a child reads the bible, they will be exposed to much worse - unless you think that kissing and cursing is worse than murder, rape and genocide.
Well said. The Bible is not suitable reading for a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
But it says what it says. It condemns homosexual relationships right after condemning a man who has relations with his daughter in law...

A man laying with a man as with a woman is quite clearly referring to a homosexual relationship...
*sigh*

Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Even if it is condemned, can't society change?

Wasn't homosexuality widely practiced in Ancient Greece?

Do you support slavery as well?
Not really, that was pederasty. The Greeks worshipped all things male and were quite mysogynistic. Adult male citizens would take on boys as proteges to teach maths, science, philosophy, politics etc. Many also used them for sex as substitutes for women as, other than prostitutes or wives, women of class were not easily available for sex. Most of these men would not have been homosexuals by nature, but heterosexual.

We know from modern research that most men who sexually molest boys are heterosexual in their adult attractions and it's the soft feminine qualities of boys who have not yet grown beards and body hair they find attractive.

Relationships between 2 adult men of equal power and status (while they existed) were still frowned upon, although accepted.

Last edited by Ceist; 07-24-2011 at 05:56 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I did see a "LA casting call for 11 - 13 year old boys" for this ad listing when doing a google search. Couldn't get through on the link. Don't know if it was real or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The ad does make it clear the extent that the homosexual agenda will go to in order to recruit youth into their "cause." And to he!! with the parents.
We see it in music with Lady Ga Ga and many others. We see it in TV, with Glee, Dirty Little Secrets, True Blood and a myriad of other obvious agenda shows that depict same sex kids kissing, etc., as well as subtly in the cartoons and comics, with the kid in the Archie comics "coming out." We see it in the movies and in books and everyday in the magazines and on the internet. And, unless you are in an extremely conservative school district, you have already seen it in your public schools in the form of literature books; e.g., "Boy Meets Boy," speech debate topics including pro/con SSM or Social Justice Projects where there is always at least one project regarding SSM with at least one student bringing in the wedding cake with 2 men atop it and presenting a report to the rest of the school in support of SSM. Then there is the mandatory FAUX anti-bullying program coming to all our public schools across the country that shows videos of LGBT kids telling how much fun gender confusion is and teaching the words "lesbian" and "dyke" to elementary children, compliments of the openly homosexual Safe Schools Czar, Kevin Jennings, who wrote the foreward to the published book, "Que*ring Elementary Education."

There was a time in this country when adults appealed to other adults regarding political issues and children were respected as children. Now, children are being used by adults for adult goals. They are a tool. It is not right.
I'm guessing you must be asleep when all the anti-marriage equality ads with children in them are shown. They far outnumber ads like those above.

Also, children have the most rights and protections now than they have ever had throughout history.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Thats not true either. The concepts of homosexuality and heterosexuality are modern concepts, developed in the late 19th and early 20th century.
Not really. We know that throughout history there have been cultures all around the world that recognised that there were some people who could only love someone of the same gender and not someone of the opposite gender. Some cultures accepted them, some even valued them, many rejected them.

This is very different from other same-gender sexual behavior like male rape which was used to humiliate men in war or from other tribes. Or from pederastic practices in ancient Greece, or temple prostitution worshipping pagan gods like the Canaanites, Greeks and Romans. Most of these practices would have been by heterosexuals, not homosexuals.

For example, read Plato's Symposium with the satirical speech on love by the comic playwright Aristophanes.

Aristophanes Tells How We Came to Have Homosexual and Heterosexual Soul Mates - Symposium on Homosexual and Heterosexual Soul Mates

It was in the late 19th century that homosexuality began to be studied and the word homosexual was introduced into the German and English languages. But it was well known long before then. The word was derived from the Greek word "homo" meaning "same" and the Latin word "sexus" meaning male/female gender.
http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/homo.html

Last edited by Ceist; 07-24-2011 at 06:58 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Obviously this video was created by people in their 20s with no sense of common decency. I hated the video. Is there a website for people who FKN H8 the video? I don't really get the younger generations anyway. Forgive me, but I refer to them as Generation eXcrement and Generation Y bother. This video is insulting not to its target audience of social conservatives, but to the gay community itself. If this was all I was exposed to as a gay kid, I'd probably be on the fast track to teen suicide. The message and the five reasons to oppose gay marriage were lost in the poor editing and over-the-top caricatures of people. Does everything gay-oriented have to include an obligatory drag queen? They make up what--less than 1%--of the gay community?

As a gay person, I think the only real message the community can and should make is to celebrate the similarities between the two main sexualities rather than exponentiating the differences in an offensive video. I'm old school. OK, on second thought, I'm just old.
To be honest, I didn't like it much either. I don't like styles like RAP/ gangsta. But I'm not a teen or a 20 something.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
What in the post you quoted are you disputing to be true? Is it the book, "Que*ring Elementary Education," with a foreward written by Kevin Jennings, the Obama appointed Safe Schools Czar who initiated the Anti-Bullying Program for our public schools? Is it the book, "Boy Meets Boy," which includes not only same sex relationships but a lot of Christianity Bashing that is found in our Public School Libraries for kids as young as 10 to read? Is it that the Archie comic books featured a character announcing he was gay last year? Or, do you dispute the fact that the very popular TV show, marketed to kids, GLEE has several gay characters who sometimes kiss and make out? Or do you deny that Lady Ga Ga who is extremely popular with little kids as young as 7, has a hit song called "Born This Way" and flaunts being bisexual and pretty much promotes Gays in every appearance? Of what exactly are you convinced I am delusional?
Seriously you seem to be obsessed with all things "homosexual" and see it everywhere. Thats what happens when you focus on one thing to the exclusion of everything else.

Especially when you are obsessed with scrounging up anything that puts homosexuals in a negative light, never mind the source or whether it's factual or not. Not unlike the Communist witchhunts of the 50's.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:11 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
To be honest, I didn't like it much either. I don't like styles like RAP/ gangsta. But I'm not a teen or a 20 something.
I'm gay, a 20-something, all for same-sex marriage, married to someone of the same sex, and still didn't like it. I thought it was the worst advertising ever, lol. I think even a lot of teens and 20-somethings would think they were trying too hard to cater to them. That's what it feels like to me, and it doesn't resonate with me anyway.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't know that I've seen a better example personally, my heart goes out to these people who are clearly battling this disorder.
I feel sad for people who show a clear absence of critical thinking skills who don't seem capable of the simple task of looking up the facts about homosexuality on the websites of all the major health organizations in the world.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:33 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I find a lot of RAP offensive.
I also find a lot of tele-evangelists offensive.
So what?
I don't listen to RAP and I don't watch tele-evangelists.
"Offensive", like "beauty", is in the eyes, the ears and the brains of those exposed to it.

I don't listen to rap music because to me it isn't "music", whether it is filled with profanity or offensive word images or not.

I don't find televangelists "offensive". I find them boring and their message is not one that resonates with me. So I don't watch them or listen to them.

Both rap music and televangelists "turn me off". So did the pro-homosexual video, that I thought was truly "offensive", mainly because of the language and the use of such language in a video targeted for children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies