Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does this Ad help the Same Sex Marriage Cause?
Yes, its a great Ad and would sway me in the direction of support for Same Sex Marriage. 26 29.89%
No. It's offensive and pushes me away from support for same sex marriage. 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:08 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
"All men are created equal."

Great .... I'm not down on all fours proposing marriage to another man, and neither should you be. There! Where Equal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
bout time christians got slammed.. they slam everyone else...
take your jesus and make yourself scarce.. nobody cares about your nonsense anymore

Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
which coincidentally is exactly what Islam allows...not that I wish to detract from your main point.

Polygamy is an entirely seperate issue from homosexuality and pedophilia.

Just for reference, the Bible cites many instances of men having more than one wife. Abraham and Jacob each had two, Solomon had hundreds. Homosexuality, on the other hand, is condemned throughout the Bible, without exception.
Really? How many times do you think homosexuality is actually mentioned in over 37,000 verses in the Bible?

Abraham had only one wife-Sarah. She was his half-sister.
He also had sex with his wife's slavewoman Hagar. He also had childen by his many concubines.

Yet another person who has not read the whole Bible and just parrots what he is told.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:28 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What right? There is no "Right" to get married and add your gay lover to your health insurance plan ... where is that right documented and guaranteed?

Show me this right?
"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Old 07-24-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why are you using the argument that anyone who does not agree with gay marriage must also promote genocide?

By the way you do know that Indians used genocide against other Indian tribes don't you? They would raid other tribes, kill the men and take the children and women as slaves.
How Biblical. That's almost what YAHWEH commanded his people to do.

Except they were ordered to kill the boy children as well as the adult women who were not virgins, but to keep all the young virgin girls for themselves. (plus YAHWEH demanded his share of the human booty).

Old 07-24-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
How about the Roman Empire? They thrived for centuries despite allowing gay marriage. When Christianity took hold in the Roman Empire, same sex marriage was banned (in 342 by the Theodosian Code) - followed shortly by the demise of Roman society.
Followed by 1000 years of the Dark Ages where the Church of Rome spread it's State religion by forcing people to convert, tortured "heretics", burnt down libraries full of priceless knowledge etc etc etc.

As opposed to the Ancient Greek Civilization which lasted over a 1000 years and spread science, the arts, philosophy, sports and of course Democracy throughput the Mediterranean and Europoean regions and is considered the foundation of Western Civilization.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The Roman Empire allowed gay marriage?

By the way pagan Rome slaughtered Christians in the Coliseum. You know what happened in that place for sport. I would not call that a good society.
See my last post.

Do you get all your historical "information" from religious cable tv or homeschooling?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:41 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,025,259 times
Default Gay Marriage

Proof of Americas Values are slowly going down the drain..

I wonder whats next...

Old 07-24-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Yeah. That's probably why Rome fell. Better get this published. You've finally solved the question...
Another product of religious homeschooling?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:43 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Proof of Americas Values are slowly going down the drain..

I wonder whats next...
I think it's proof that American is getting some decent moral values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies