Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does this Ad help the Same Sex Marriage Cause?
Yes, its a great Ad and would sway me in the direction of support for Same Sex Marriage. 26 29.89%
No. It's offensive and pushes me away from support for same sex marriage. 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:44 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
everyone is equal under the law and what one person is entitled to so is another
Nope ... entitlement is not a right either ...

A police officer is entitled (by title assignment) to pull you over and issue you a fine for speeding. You have no such right or privilege.

And I could name hundreds, if not thousands more examples of what others are "entitled" to do that you are not.

You have the right to life (no one can legally try to kill you), Liberty (you cannot be imprisoned without due process), and the pursuit of happiness. (so long as your constant whining about rights don't make everyone else miserable ... which would impact their pursuit of happiness).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
You're absolutely right--that's exactly what the verse says:

Lev 20:13 KJV

But it also says that they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Do you believe that anyone who engages in homosexual behavior should be killed and left to drown in their own blood?

Where do you draw the line?
How about something short of celebrations, parties and parades? Maybe tolerance ... acceptance ... but not a retool of society to cater to your desires?

I don't agree with the blood and guts and genocide depicted in the Old Testament ... and I can't see "my" God as being jealous and vengeful, which are my personal issues with Christianity. But I also don't believe too many devout Christians would actually advocate such things either ... have you had opposite experiences with Christians wanting to stone you death in these modern days? I would think that would make the news.

Now given that Islam is the fastest growing religion on planet earth today .. all of the Christian bashers out there ... especially the extremely short sighted liberals who embrace Muslims because thy enemy of thy enemy is thy friend ... you might want to rethink your strategy.

The old Christian attitudes of centuries past have mellowed quite a bit, with the modern day Christian Church being very forgiving, and inclusive. And I know of no modern examples of any Christian Church authority promoting violence against anyone for perceived transgressions. That cannot be said of Islam, who regularly issue Fatwas for some of the most innocuous acts of alleged blasphemy.

Should the US ever fall under the guidance of Sharia Jurisprudence, every one of you will long for the good old days of Christian oppression who's greatest attack upon you comes in the form of intellectual debate and disagreement. Shaking a disapproving finger at you is a far cry from brandishing a sword or a stone.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:24 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
How about something short of celebrations, parties and parades? Maybe tolerance ... acceptance ... but not a retool of society to cater to your desires?

I don't agree with the blood and guts and genocide depicted in the Old Testament ... and I can't see "my" God as being jealous and vengeful, which are my personal issues with Christianity. But I also don't believe too many devout Christians would actually advocate such things either ... have you had opposite experiences with Christians wanting to stone you death in these modern days? I would think that would make the news.

Now given that Islam is the fastest growing religion on planet earth today .. all of the Christian bashers out there ... especially the extremely short sighted liberals who embrace Muslims because thy enemy of thy enemy is thy friend ... you might want to rethink your strategy.

The old Christian attitudes of centuries past have mellowed quite a bit, with the modern day Christian Church being very forgiving, and inclusive. And I know of no modern examples of any Christian Church authority promoting violence against anyone for perceived transgressions. That cannot be said of Islam, who regularly issue Fatwas for some of the most innocuous acts of alleged blasphemy.

Should the US ever fall under the guidance of Sharia Jurisprudence, every one of you will long for the good old days of Christian oppression who's greatest attack upon you comes in the form of intellectual debate and disagreement. Shaking a disapproving finger at you is a far cry from brandishing a sword or a stone.
Most gay people I know don't go to the parades. I don't go to the parades. I have zero interest in them. I would really appreciate not being grouped with the gay men who stand on trucks with nothing but their privates covered by leather. Not all gay people are extremist, just like not all Christians are members of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Not all liberals people are anti-Christian and not all liberals blindly support Islam either. I am liberal and I have nothing against Christianity, and I realize that Islam comes in many different forms and degrees of devotion. I think it's pretty safe to say I'm not alone in having a more nuanced view of Islam and Christianity.

I've never come across a Christian who thought I should die for being gay--and that's exactly my point. The vast majority of Christians don't believe people should be killed for engaging in homosexual behavior, and rightfully so. In fact, there are many verses that pretty much any Christian in their right mind wouldn't follow in a million years. So why do so many (and I am not saying all) Christians insist on following verses that, in many cases, so severely condemn homosexuality? Why do they claim that "the Bible tells me so" when there are so many other instances where "the Bible tells them so" but they don't follow it out of their own God-given human intelligence and compassion? God gave us a a mind and a heart, and my issue is not with Christianity itself, but with self-identified "Christians" who don't use their own mind and heart to realize that gay people are God's creation and worthy of loving kindness just as much as the next person.

Gay people are also given the same free will as any other person, and if any gay person should choose to marry the same sex, then let them. If God does decide to condemn homosexuals for whatever reason (and I don't believe that God does, but that's a whole other thread topic), then that is between that individual and God. It's not our place to meddle with other people's lives in the name of God. Let go and let God--God has more than enough power to keep things going as intended.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 07-24-2011 at 01:44 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 01:30 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Nope ... entitlement is not a right either ...

A police officer is entitled (by title assignment) to pull you over and issue you a fine for speeding. You have no such right or privilege.

And I could name hundreds, if not thousands more examples of what others are "entitled" to do that you are not.

You have the right to life (no one can legally try to kill you), Liberty (you cannot be imprisoned without due process), and the pursuit of happiness. (so long as your constant whining about rights don't make everyone else miserable ... which would impact their pursuit of happiness).
what does a police officer giving you a speeding ticket vs all others not being able to "ticket' other people have to do with civil rights? we talking about the dignity of man in a free society where all are equal. not... "my job has perks" so therefore it is a privilege to be earned and some don't get them at all.

people whining for social change and civil rights is ok with you only if you agree with it? the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

pedophiles by the way are about power and manipulation more than any sexual orientation.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:33 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:
what does a police officer giving you a speeding ticket vs all others not being able to "ticket' other people have to do with civil rights? we talking about the dignity of man in a free society where all are equal. not... "my job has perks" so therefore it is a privilege to be earned and some don't get them at all.

people whining for social change and civil rights is ok with you only if you agree with it? the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

pedophiles by the way are about power and manipulation more than any sexual orientation.
Men who are sexually attracted to children--of either sex--are sexually oriented that way. The serial rapist is the one motivated by power.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:

stay on topic, nothing but the first sentence has anything to do with the OP. you toss everything on to the backs of gays? gad what an agenda these dangers gays have. get a grip tex

Old 07-24-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Men who are sexually attracted to children--of either sex--are sexually oriented that way. The serial rapist is the one motivated by power.
men who are attracted to children also get off on the ability to manipulate and control. we need a new thread if you want to talk about these creeps

Old 07-24-2011, 01:41 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:
men who are attracted to children also get off on the ability to manipulate and control. we need a new thread if you want to talk about these creeps
Then start one. You are the one who mentioned pedophiles.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
I thought so. You represent the past. The end.
Nope ... it is you who represents the end ... I'm advocating a return to common sense which is the only hope for a viable future for everyone.

Look up ^^^^^ 70-30 ... and that is considering a disproportionate number of homosexuals participating on this thread ... as compared to the general population numbers.

As the pendulum has already swung far left, it is now past the apex, and is on it's way back to the right, as we speak.

Don't be deceived by all this hubbub about the end of the world in 2012 ... it's propaganda. The dark forces know their time is quickly approaching the end, which is why they've accelerated their program of human destruction. But they are helpless to avert the shift in consciousness that has been taking place and is also accelerating now.

And I promise you ... this evolution of spiritual consciousness will not be manifesting in the sights of pervert adults openly using children as their sex toys, or decent men dancing over the corpse of morality in pink dresses.

Buh-bye

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-25-2011 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
stay on topic, nothing but the first sentence has anything to do with the OP. you toss everything on to the backs of gays? gad what an agenda these dangers gays have. get a grip tex
I was addressing a specific post ... and you are off topic and performing tasks (moderating) without "entitlement". I'm sure you think that's your right too.

How many sentences is required to be on-topic, according to you? More than one?

The facts are ... all of this is relevant to the OP .... watch the video ... lots of stuff covered .... the whole enchilada is wrapped in that video ... the question is Good or Bad ... and which ever way you go, there is a thing called subsequent discussion ... otherwise, we'd have 39 pages of "Yes" or "No".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies