Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does this Ad help the Same Sex Marriage Cause?
Yes, its a great Ad and would sway me in the direction of support for Same Sex Marriage. 26 29.89%
No. It's offensive and pushes me away from support for same sex marriage. 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 02:42 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Either you aren't reading all of the posts, or you disagree. The data shows that homosexuals account for 1/3 of the child molestations, while only representing a small fraction of the society. The figures are roughly TEN TIMES more likely that a homosexual commits child molestation, compared to a heterosexual.

This was in response to a claim that most acts of molestation of boys is done by heterosexuals ... which is patently absurd nonsense, and why I posted the truth.
Source, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 02:51 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Either you aren't reading all of the posts, or you disagree. The data shows that homosexuals account for 1/3 of the child molestations, while only representing a small fraction of the society. The figures are roughly TEN TIMES more likely that a homosexual commits child molestation, compared to a heterosexual.

This was in response to a claim that most acts of molestation of boys is done by heterosexuals ... which is patently absurd nonsense, and why I posted the truth.
Oh good lord. This "debate" again. Most pedophiles have no adult sexual orientation at all. They're not attracted to men or women. They're attracted to children - and usually to both sexes (there's really not much difference between a prepubescent boy and a prepubescent girl).

For whatever reason, most pedophiles are men. Who a pedophile molests is essentially always determined by access and the likelihood that the pedophile won't get caught. It's perceived (and it seems to be true) that it's easier to shut up a little girl about abuse more easily that it is to shut up a little boy. Hence, most cases of child molestation are a male adults molesting a female relative.

Pedophiles who target non-family members almost always target children of the same sex. They don't do this because they are homosexuals - they're not - but because they can gain access to children of the same sex (as a man, if I applied to lead a Boy Scout troop, nobody would find that suspicious. If I applied to lead a Girl Scout troop, I'd be scrutinized pretty damn hard). Many serial child molesters molest both boys and girls.

It doesn't make sense to say that heterosexuals account for 2/3 of child molesters or that homosexuals are 10 times more likely to molest that heterosexuals. It doesn't makes sense to talk about child molesters in terms of "homosexuals" or "heterosexuals" or "bisexuals."

Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Well, perhaps I need to rephrase also ... since you don't seem to understand what I'm saying.

Show me the amendment that says "The right for the people to marry whom ever they choose and regardless of gender, and to with all marriage privileges are due, shall not be infringed".

Show me that.

What I'm saying is, that marriage is not a right ... it's a privilege. You wanna know the easiest way to tell the difference between a right and a privilege? If you have to ask for permission (i.e. apply for a license from the State) it is a privilege ..... just as sure as driving a car is. Ever hear the authorities speak of suspending your "driving privileges" ?

Privileges can not be demanded by invoking "Civil Rights" ... because they aren't rights. If it is a right .. you don't need someone else's permission to exercise a right, because a right cannot be denied. Is that more clear now?

Let's look again at the statement "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Don't confuse yourself here .... you have a right to life because the "state" didn't grant you life .. that came from your creator. You have a right to Liberty .. because you were born with it ... born free! And you have a right to "pursue" happiness, but no guarantee of happiness ... only the right to pursue it.
do you have a problem with sex discrimination? I will go along with your definition of a right vs a privilege. some rights supersede "privilege" if marriage is a privilege it should not be denied anyone based on the sex of the people marrying. to do so is sexual discrimination.

drive a car? should "some" people be denied the ability to drive a car assuming of course they are legal and able because they are woman or gay? only the "private" sector gets to deny "privilege" based on their sex or sexual lifestyle. soon the law will change this

Old 07-24-2011, 02:55 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Proof of Americas Values are slowly going down the drain..

I wonder whats next...
Yeah. I kinda miss Americas original value system. I could really use a slave to do my work for me, and I'd love to make a woman cook all my meals and wait on me hand and foot! Sounds fantastic, when can we return to that?!

Old 07-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
You're absolutely right--that's exactly what the verse says:

Lev 20:13 KJV

But it also says that they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Do you believe that anyone who engages in homosexual behavior should be killed and left to drown in their own blood?

Where do you draw the line?
That verse doesn't quite say that in Hebrew actually. The verb used for man lying is always used in the Bible in reference to forced/deceptive sexual practices (for example, getting one's father drunk and having sex with him), and "as with a woman" in Hebrew is more accurately, "In the lyings/beds of woman". It doesn't translate into English well at all. Abomination is also a gross mistranslation. The Hebrew word does not mean abomination.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Actually the video used children to promote the Homosexual agenda. It is targeted for children or they would have used adults.
i find that kinda perverted myself
You've obviously never seen the Jesus camp video. You want to talk sick brainwashing of children, start there. This is why fundamentalist Christianity is as screwed up as Extremist Islam.

‪Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Absolutely 100% false. The overwhelming majority of child molesters are who have an adult orientation are straight. I'm sure Jaymax will be around shortly to link the statistics disproving your absolutely false information.

Paul Cameron is the one who spread the myth that most gays are child molestors. It's a 100% lie.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:12 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
[quote=Fiyero;20157608]You've obviously never seen the Jesus camp video. You want to talk sick brainwashing of children, start there. This is why fundamentalist Christianity is as screwed up as Extremist Islam.

Never been and I'm not talking about brainwashing, talking about using kids to promote an agenda. The poll speaks for itself on how people feel about it.

Last edited by Roaddog; 07-24-2011 at 03:25 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Never been and I'm not talking about brainwashing, talking about using kids to promote an agenda. The poll speaks for itself on how people feel about it.
Um, kids are being used to push the fundamentalist Christian agenda, as indicated in that video. Heck, Fred Phelps has kids actually holding the signs that say "God hates ****", or "God hates America".

Old 07-24-2011, 03:22 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
That verse doesn't quite say that in Hebrew actually. The verb used for man lying is always used in the Bible in reference to forced/deceptive sexual practices (for example, getting one's father drunk and having sex with him), and "as with a woman" in Hebrew is more accurately, "In the lyings/beds of woman". It doesn't translate into English well at all. Abomination is also a gross mistranslation. The Hebrew word does not mean abomination.
Most of the Bible is mistranslated from the original Hebrew and original Greek to begin with. Even the word translated as "homosexuality"--arsenokoitai--in many of the "homosexuality-related" verses is a matter of debate. That's why I am trying to point out to people that follow these verses that they are not really following God's word, rather, they are using the Bible as a cop out for having what is actually a belief that is totally within their personal power to change without fear of consequences such as Hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies