Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Do you know how many gay kids commit suicide because they have parents that are like you? I think its sad that people like you care more about their reputation than the well-being of their kids.
It's a shame we can't ban ultra conservatives from child rearing. It's quite obvious their lack of education and bigotry are harmful to children, as evident by the amount of gay kids who grow up in conservative homes and end up homeless, suicidal, or other issues.

The Phelps is a perfect example of a family that has no business raising children, and all the anti-gay posters on this thread sound just like Fred Phelps.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:06 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Do you know how many gay kids commit suicide because they have parents that are like you? I think its sad that people like you care more about their reputation than the well-being of their kids.
Like me? Since I told him not to act on his urges? And how nice of you to judge me and tell me that I worry about my reputation, not sure how you gleaned that bit of my persona.

I wonder how many kids get confused these days because so many people are telling that is OK to be gay or bi-sexual.

Of course I care about the well being of my kids, but I am glad that I can educate both of my children properly.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:08 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Heck if more parents would even go by the OLD food pyramid that would be a huge improvement. Did you see Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution where that mother made her young son deep fried chocolate covered donuts for breakfast every morning? Is it so bad if parents like this get a nudge that perhaps there are better foods their kids could be eating?

jwm I see exactly where you are coming from and as a liberal I understand, believe me.

I also do not care what consenting adults do behind closed doors. I do not care to see open displays of a sexual nature of any kind out in public. Holding hands, peck on the cheek, fine. French kissing no. Doesn't matter if boy-girl, boy-boy or girl-girl. Take it to your bedroom.

I do not think that homosexuality is evil, that it is catching, that "normal" children can be indoctrinated. I have many good friends who are homosexuals and it is not a matter of choice for them, it is what they are. I also have no problem with them entering into legal unions if they feel for their partners what heterosexuals do. And I also have little problem with seeing two people of the same gender raising children. Heaven knows there are enough opposite sex parents who stink at it, and plenty of single parents.

But what I do have a problem with is things making a point of reading stories like "King and King" in elementary schools. I do not think we need to spell out to little kids who are nowhere near emotional or sexual maturity that same sex couples are normal. As a matter of fact I don't think they need anything spelled out that has to do with sex. Yes I get that if you are a little kid yourself being raised by a same sex couple, that other little kids are going to look at you funny since you do not have a mommy and a daddy. I just don't think this is the school's job.

And frankly, if a parent wishes to raise their child to think that homosexuality is evil, even though I find that standpoint despicable I think those parents also have a right to raise their children with their bigoted value system. Kids do eventually grow up and many discard the baggage given to them by their parents.

The schools need to get back to basic skills like reading comprehension and simple arithmatic and math. Once they have that under control maybe they can think about solving any and all of society's problems </sarcasm>
I'm not offended by hand holding, chaste kissing, hugging or other forms of public affection by gay or hetero couples. I also don't think homosexuality is evil. I do however think many homosexuals are aggressive and imposing in their sexuality and beliefs. I also think it is deviant and perverse behavior - call me a bigot if you want, that is my personal belief. I don't go looking for homosexuals to impose my beliefs on, I do however publicly oppose the imposition of the gay lifestyle as "normal" to our children via public schools.

I remember when my ex worked in a salon and the gay employees discussed in loud graphic detail their casual liasons. I found that distasteful, but to object to their offensive behavior which would be offensive coming from a hetero perspective too, would label you a homophobe.

So go ahead, label away, I'm tired of the BS by the gay community to excuse rude and inappropriate behavior as normal and those who object as bigots. Do what you will but stay away from my children.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
My personal pet peeve is for Michelle Obama to use Disney as her personal platform to address our nations children. This seems a common theme on the left for everything from using TV to insinuate themselves into children culture to the gay agenda sticking their perversion in school agendas.

Does the right do this too and I just didn't notice?

Am I over-reacting?
It's just you and yea you're over reacting.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Like me? Since I told him not to act on his urges? And how nice of you to judge me and tell me that I worry about my reputation, not sure how you gleaned that bit of my persona.

I wonder how many kids get confused these days because so many people are telling that is OK to be gay or bi-sexual.

Of course I care about the well being of my kids, but I am glad that I can educate both of my children properly.
Why isn't it ok to be gay or bisexual? Let me guess, your terrible understanding of the English Bible told you it's wrong?

The only reason being gay/bisexual is difficult is due to the way society treats them, as so evident by the bigoted conservatives in his thread. It's people like you, momonkey, the OP, Aeroguy etc. who make it miserable to grow up gay in this country.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's just you and yea you're over reacting.
Hand your children over to the politicians if you want.
I think most politicians are scumbags and wouldn't want them near my home or my children and consider the Obama's some of the worst of the lot.

The responsed to this post post have hardened not softened my position.
So I guess I'm just a drama-queen!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I'm not offended by hand holding, chaste kissing, hugging or other forms of public affection by gay or hetero couples. I also don't think homosexuality is evil. I do however think many homosexuals are aggressive and imposing in their sexuality and beliefs. I also think it is deviant and perverse behavior - call me a bigot if you want, that is my personal belief. I don't go looking for homosexuals to impose my beliefs on, I do however publicly oppose the imposition of the gay lifestyle as "normal" to our children via public schools.

I remember when my ex worked in a salon and the gay employees discussed in loud graphic detail their casual liasons. I found that distasteful, but to object to their offensive behavior which would be offensive coming from a hetero perspective too, would label you a homophobe.

So go ahead, label away, I'm tired of the BS by the gay community to excuse rude and inappropriate behavior as normal and those who object as bigots. Do what you will but stay away from my children.
What do you base your conclusion that it's deviant and perverse behavior on? Just because it's not as common as heterosexuality? That would mean being black, left-handed, or Jewish are deviant. Do you claim it's unnatural? Science proves you wrong, and most of the animal kingdom has homosexuality in it. The Bible? Nope, conservatives don't understand the Bible in relation to this issue and it never refers to modern day gays.

So what exactly are you basing your views on?

698 posts, read 234,453 times
Damn, this thread took a turn.

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let's not forget that Liberals are hell bent on making sure your child fully accepts homosexuality as normal. That I have a problem with.
Oh Yeah. That was going on before Reagan was elected in some schools.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Quote:
Yea, and it was the Americans who liberated those in the concentration camps you ****ing moron yourself.
I wasn't even talking to you. And what does that have to do with the thread? Do you jerk off because people (NOT YOU) fought in WWII? You didn't, so don't act like you are a tough guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies