Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I already told you the truth I was referring to and that truth is that there are people who are same-sex couples that force their ideas on their children. They manipulate them and foster an environment that makes the child sexually curious.

But the same can be applied to heterosexual couples, as I believe we've agreed, so it IS irrelevant what sexuality the parents have (unless one's homophobic and thinks homosexuality shouldn't be dealt with as a valid sexual and affective orientation). Unfortunately, most people are far from perfect and many are disastrous raising children. Also, manipulation is all too common in all sort of relationships, and in our society as a whole. The human condition after all.

How I can provide a source for this, I do not know. This IS a message board. Would you like to fly out to my hometown and I will introduce you to some people?

No need. I think I've already understood: we both loathe parents intent on forcing their children to be what they think their children should be, thus making them unhappy and insecure

That was my point.

But then, if a child wants to undergo a sex change (I have no reasons to think that these mothers, or the Spanish parents, are/were manipulating the child to make that decision), what should the parents do?
And I insist: I wouldn't approve of a sex change so soon. I know some of you have pointed out that you'd be okay if all the psychological or psychiatric tests were okay with it too, but I still think that such a young child might change his or her mind later on. Gender roles can be confusing and even frustrating if you don't identify with them, which happens to a lot of children. There's no reason to be alarmed or rush into physical changes, in my opinion.

2,430 posts, read 2,768,485 times
Default Now the next kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
and people wonder how having 2 mommies could possibly harm a kid....
........can have three mommies

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I know, right? A lot of proponents of homosexuality get offended by others' statements and demand sources. Like, haven't they read the article? They know something's wrong about a young male wanting a sex change, yet they demand sources.
"Something being wrong" with the 11 year old wanting a sex change is a matter of opinion.

Again, if he has a confirmed case of GID, then I don't see the issue with it.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:46 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
"Something being wrong" with the 11 year old wanting a sex change is a matter of opinion.

Again, if he has a confirmed case of GID, then I don't see the issue with it.
LOL Matter of opinion. What else do you consider to be just a matter of opinion? Haha.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:46 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I would like to ask you this: What about when it DOES have something to do with the parents being a same-sex couple? Do people have the right to have concern then?

That's been the point from the beginning. We are wondering what happens in these households? How is this NOT child endangerment?

You all are basically accusing people of being homophobic because they are not foolish enough to eliminate the idea that this child has been influenced. Do you want to go out and state that there is NO WAY that a same-sex household could have such an effect on a child?

THAT is the question. Does it? If it could then people have the right to have concern for a child in such a household.

However, you all want to be blind to the truth and push people off as homophobic.

THE IRONY of your post is that you call those who view this as unnatural as having a social disorder. Yet, those people are not allowed to call homosexuality a social disorder. Do you NOT see the stupidity and hypocrisy in your words?
And again.....

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:47 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
........can have three mommies
lol

Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I know, right? A lot of proponents of homosexuality get offended by others' statements and demand sources. Like, haven't they read the article? They know something's wrong about a young male wanting a sex change, yet they demand sources.
what about my case***: married couple, straight as an arrow, religious, small town, conservative mindset and there you go... Your boy says he's actually a girl.

There's your case against:
1. heterosexuality.
2. married couples.
3. small towns!
4. conservative upbringing!!!

***the case I mentioned before, not my personal case lol.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Approximately 100% of your post is false.
You are mistaken, Jaymax.

Absolutely 100% of West of Encino's post was false, not "approximately."

Old 09-29-2011, 08:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
what about my case: married couple, straight as an arrow, religious, small town, conservative mindset and there you go... Your boy says he's actually a girl.

There's your case against:
1. heterosexuality.
2. married couples.
3. small towns!
4. conservative upbringing!!!
Apparently, misandry is prominent in lesbian households. Living in a lesbian household is bad for kids, especially for boys.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Apparently, misandry is prominent in lesbian households. Living in a lesbian household is bad for kids, especially for boys.
apparently? Really? Apparently, male chauvinism is prominent in heterosexual households. Living in a heterosexual household is bad for kids, especially for girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies