Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 08:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And again.....

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.
I'm a fair person, so I'll address this. I read my quote that you posted and it looks as though I was saying that it is possible that this young man was influenced to be sexually curious, confused because of his environment. I definitely think that and that was my point all along.

You then replied with this quote that talks about the biology of a fetus and presence of sexual organs at birth.

So, from my understanding you are saying that he developed a gender association as a female as a fetus, but was born with male reproductive traits?

There is one problem with that study. They end the summary abruptly by saying that social environment has no affect on gender identity. Do you all really agree with that? Our society has long relied on gender identities to create the relationship between men and women. That is just one example of how environment affects the way we view ourselves. So, how can that study say that that isn't true?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
apparently? Really? Apparently, male chauvinism is prominent in heterosexual households. Living in a heterosexual household is bad for kids, especially for girls.
I would agree with that and also what if the person you quoted is correct?

Once again, why do people respond to someone's views with an example that is just as bad as if we are not going to agree with you that that example is just as bad? LOL

Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I'm a fair person, so I'll address this. I read my quote that you posted and it looks as though I was saying that it is possible that this young man was influenced to be sexually curious, confused because of his environment.

You then replied with this quote that talks about the biology of a fetus and presence of sexual organs at birth.

So, from my understanding you are saying that he developed a gender association as a female as a fetus, but was born with male reproductive traits?

There is one problem with that study. They end the summary abruptly by saying that social environment has no affect on gender identity. Do you all really agree with that? Our society has long relied on gender identities to create the relationship between men and women. That is just one example of how environment affects the way we view ourselves.
Gender roles=/=gender identites.

Gender identity has to do whether or not you actually identify yourself as your gender. You can do so and not fit in your gender role. I'm a male, yet I'm a stay at home dad who cooks and cleans, and outside of body hair, is rather effeminate.

Someone who does not identify with their gender is someone who has what is called Gender Identity Disorder.

Someone can be a male to female transgender and still fulfill the male gender role in society.

Part of the reason we just need to get rid of this idiotic idea that we have "gender roles".

Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post

Gender identity has to do whether or not you actually identify yourself as your gender. You can do so and not fit in your gender role. I'm a male, yet I'm a stay at home dad who cooks and cleans, and outside of body hair, is rather effeminate.

Someone who does not identify with their gender is someone who has what is called Gender Identity Disorder.

Someone can be a male to female transgender and still fulfill the male gender role in society.

Part of the reason we just need to get rid of this idiotic idea that we have "gender roles".
Approximately, most of these transexuals are male. They grow up in households that are dominated by women. Who's influencing these poor boys to change themselves??

Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I would agree with that and also what if the person you quoted is correct?

Once again, why do people respond to someone's views with an example that is just as bad as if we are not going to agree with you that that example is just as bad? LOL
You would agree that many heterosexual and homoexual families are flawed? So did I, a few posts ago...

Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Approximately, most of these transexuals are male. They grow up in households that are dominated by women. Who's influencing these poor boys to change themselves??
should boys grow up with only masculine views and influence? Like in having two fathers?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:09 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
should boys grow up with only masculine views and influence? Like in having two fathers?
Boys should live in heterosexual households only and must be raised primarily from the male perspective.

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
>Most male transsexuals grow up in a household dominated by women

Can you prove this?

And as it's already been shown, GID is not something that's "influenced". It's an actual genetic disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post

Oh, really, I didn't know that. (/sarcasm)

Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Boys should live in heterosexual households only and must be raised primarily from the male perspective.
okay, will be father be a stay at home dad then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies