Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Approximately, most of these transexuals are male. They grow up in households that are dominated by women. Who's influencing these poor boys to change themselves??
Yeah, great question. Can we get an opinion? Hypothesis? Not an "answer" because we know a request for sources will come up.

Anyone, anyone, opinion?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
okay, will be father be a stay at home dad then?
What does THAT have to do with anything?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:12 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,503,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Boys should live in heterosexual households only and must be raised primarily from the male perspective.
I don't understand. So are you saying that all boys will be effeminate if raised by a female? That's pretty sexist.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What does THAT have to do with anything?
if a boy is to be raised from a "primarily male perspective", I guess a stay-at-home dad who's keeping a close eye on the boy is the best solution. Otherwise, given that even when a woman works full time she's usually the primary caregiver, the cherished male perspective might be a little drowned in an ocean of pernicious female perspective...

Old 09-29-2011, 09:15 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
People use that argument all the time. They see a link and they say, "Oh gosh! That doesn't count." If a link has credible references then why does it matter? That's an easy way out.

But anyway, I just did a Yahoo! search read the text (that's what I'm supposed to do, right?) and posted the link for others to read. In fact, it was regardless of if it supported my thoughts or not. I felt it was an interesting read. Also, those links were the first two links.

Let's not deduce ourselves to forum-posting etiquette debates.
I'm curious. What phrase or words did you use in your Yahoo search?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
Quote:
I can't understand how a little boy would say something as silly as, "I always knew I was meant to be a girl." That was a quote from the article. I mean, are you serious? Do he nor his parents (whatever) not realize that if he was "meant to be a girl" then he would have been BORN a girl? How stupid and ignorant can they be?

I believe the parents have psychological issues and I'm sure many psychologists or psychiatrists would agree.
Obviously you cannot fathom what it's like to have gender confusion. Of course an 8 year old can say that he was meant to be a girl. I didn't know there was a difference between the genders until I was 8 when I had it deliberately pointed out to me. I thought the only difference between boys and girls was clothing. I dressed as a boy but didn't identify with them. And at 11 I had serious thoughts about having a sex change, though I told no one. No one influenced me, no one gave me any ideas about sexuality or my identity. I didn't follow through with any of it. I grew into what I am realizing that my gender identity is independent from my physical anatomy and is a miniscule part of who I am. I am a man and I am comfortable being whatever I want to be even if another person labels my behavior or action as the opposite gender. I'm free to skate along the spectrum of gender just like everyone else.

I believe the parents here did not influence the boy's self-realization. Your layperson's assessment that immediate psychological help is necessary doesn't seem to jive with the tone of the article. I already posted that I think using experimental medicine or treatment is unwise. I believe the boy should be left to his own desires and given full support without chemical intervention.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 09-29-2011 at 09:29 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 09:24 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Oh and exactly how much "honest" research would you like me to do for a message board thread? People usually end up posting links because someone wants to challenge them to "find something." All we ever hear on this site is "source please," blah blah blah and people act like we are supposed to come up with a 300 page study. Where am I gonna find that in reasonable time for this thread? Plus, you want me to research when I've already developed my opinion based on personal experience? The original topic of this thread wasn't what it became.

Basically, research was not needed for people to respond to this article. It only became a debate about other things when people started talking about whether homosexuality is a disorder.
You are entitled to express your personal opinion. If you get upset when people say your views are uninformed or your links are biased bunkum, then you have the choice to try to defend the credibility of your hastily found sources, or inform yourself from credible sources....or not.

But if you make statements or claims about something as if they are fact, and aren't prepared to back it up with credible sources, should you realistically expect people to accept your opinions as fact?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:41 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Seems too young to make that decision.

Then again, if you wanna change, blocking puberty is probably far more effective than trying to "attack the problem" after puberty.

Then again, puberty causes many profound changes including mental and emotional, who's to say what Thomas/Tammy would otherwise think at age 20?

Then again, maybe Thomas/Tammy will be a pioneer in hormone blocking therapy, a willing test subject.

To be sure, I don't give a crap what an adult wants to do. Go crazy. Don't infringe on my rights and don't ask me to pay for it, otherwise have at yerself. The question is whether this is some sort of necessary medical treatment for a minor (and one so young) or something these parents are inflicting on their child. And is it medically irreversible?
We'll see if they are a mental mess as an adult. If so maybe these two mommy models pushing hormones on the whim of a baby should be a lesson on what not to do in the future. We will see.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Obviously you cannot fathom what it's like to have gender confusion. Of course an 8 year old can say that he was meant to be a girl. I didn't know there was a difference between the genders until I was 8 when I had it deliberately pointed out to me. I thought the only difference between boys and girls was clothing. I dressed as a boy but didn't identify with them. And at 11 I had serious thoughts about having a sex change, though I told no one. No one influenced me, no one gave me any ideas about sexuality or my identity. I didn't follow through with any of it. I grew into what I am realizing that my gender identity is independent from my physical anatomy and is a miniscule part of who I am. I am a man and I am comfortable being whatever I want to be even if another person labels my behavior or action as the opposite gender. I'm free to skate along the spectrum of gender just like everyone else.

I believe the parents here did not influence the boy's self-realization. Your layperson's assessment that immediate psychological help is necessary doesn't seem to jive with the tone of the article. I already posted that I think using experimental medicine or treatment is unwise. I believe the boy should be left to his own desires and given full support without chemical intervention.
I said that psychological help was necessary? I mentioned psychology, disorders, mental instability, psychiatrists, but I don't recall saying that anyone needed "help." I totally disagree with what you think about this, but that's my right, isn't it? I'm not afraid to say that because I read what you are saying and I just don't agree.

You're right, I do not know what gender confusion is like. You talk about yourself, but you are not this boy, nor are you living in their household. I appreciate your input and telling me your experience with gender confusion, but you are not them. I am not them either. So many people in here are trying to change other people's minds when all that is here are opinions, including my own. I suspect that in households such as these (or any other household), there could be influences that take advantage of a child's easily-manipulated mind.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You are entitled to express your personal opinion. If you get upset when people say your views are uninformed or your links are biased bunkum, then you have the choice to try to defend the credibility of your hastily found sources, or inform yourself from credible sources....or not.

But if you make statements or claims about something as if they are fact, and aren't prepared to back it up with credible sources, should you realistically expect people to accept your opinions as fact?
Who is upset? LOL What?

Also, where did I say to accept my opinions as fact? That makes no sense. We are here as forum posters, not research scientists. LOL ... wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies