Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 08:15 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
I see, but that sounds like it's BS in favor of the 'ticians, so why would they object?
Because the are conservative politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Same reason to vote for him in 2012 as there was in 2008: The alternative is dreadful.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
I'm an independent centerist and so far it would be a vote against vs a vote for. The GOP has yet to field someone who is not a crackpot wingnut. I don't care what ticket someone is on, I'm looking for someone who is sane, who has good answers on ways to dig us out of the mess created over the last 10+ years. Jon Huntsman seems interesting but I can't find out much about him and it's doubtful he will get very far or the GOP nom.

I'm more than appalled, I'm disturbed at how the states have chipped away at Row vs Wade, I'm pro choice. I will also turn 61 in a few days and have paid a lifetime into SS and Medicare and I don't want to hear about cutting these benefits, nor do I want to hear about them being privatized. I'm also pissed as hell at what the banks were and are being allowed to get away with, the Glass-Stegall act needs to be reinstated and the derivatives markets need to be regulated. I also think we should withdraw from the wars we are in, I never supported them in the first place. We should have ripped a page out of the Israelis handbook on how to go after terrorists. As someone who until 3 1/2 years ago worked hard all my life and then lost my job due to the crash and now work at a minimum wage job and still struggle, I'm also disgusted that the "new poor" like myself are being demonized. I also think we should have a form of single payer healthcare and without the public option the healthcare bill that passed was gutted.

America needs to quit being the "police of the world" and mind our own business. We need to start looking after our own people and figure out a way to generate a new manufacturing base that will work here.

OK, my list is long, but the short answer is...it will all depend on who the GOP nom is so I can't answer the OP's question at this time.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 PM

467 posts, read 778,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Because the are conservative politicians.
My brain doesn't comprehend this because I think they are all self interested greedy bastards. Literally, I don't understand the inference of how this is a conservative trait.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
My brain doesn't comprehend this because I think they are all self interested greedy bastards. Literally, I don't understand the inference of how this is a conservative trait.
The conservatives stand for limited government so the want to cut sending.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:47 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
LOL! I doubt killing terrorists rank high on the list for people who have lost their jobs and their homes.
O will win in 12.

The Republican party will only rep the Super Rich... Wall Street, Bill Gates etc...

Are you that Rich? I doubt it.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
The Republican party will only rep the Super Rich... Wall Street, Bill Gates etc...
Yeah, right that's why O was fundraising in Medina, WA a week ago.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Just wondering what is it that you have against personal freedoms and personal responsibility and demanding that the gov be accountable and live on a budget? Can you explain how thats such this terrible thing

Sounds to me like you want the republican party to be the democrat lite party
Nothing against personal freedom. Another reason to tell the GOP to kiss off.

And the GOP has never been able to live on a budget. They criticize the Democrat policy of tax and spend, but what the GOP consistently does is run up debt and spend.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 PM

467 posts, read 778,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
The conservatives stand for limited government so the want to cut sending.
But, the proposal does cut spending, $10 for every $1 of tax. It's like the perfect compromise between the parties, one side gets to raise taxes and the other gets to cut spending. My guess is that they don't like the delay you had mentioned between the tax and implementation of cuts.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies