Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 08:26 PM

268 posts, read 391,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Think about the Top Terrorists that were killed so far. During his administration O killed more Head Terrorist than Clinton and Bush combined.
Yes! My life is sooo much better now! When Saddam Hussein was killed my life style took off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 08:38 PM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
One can point to the Health care law and financial reform I guess.

There are reasons to vote for him if one is so inclined.
Health care and financial reform? You're kidding, right?

Old 10-02-2011, 03:50 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handog View Post
Yes! My life is sooo much better now! When Saddam Hussein was killed my life style took off!
Republican's cannot ever say they can protect our country better than Obama. O showed results when it came to killing terrorists.

Remember that saying Hillary said about Obama? "When you get a call at 3 am". I can honestly say none of the current Republican canindates will wake
up during that call.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

So, is there any good reason left for people to want to re-elect Obama?
Off the top of my head I can think of 8 good reasons

The GOP Debate's Craziest Moments.mov - YouTube

Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
LOL! I doubt killing terrorists rank high on the list for people who have lost their jobs and their homes.
Or for those that think present and past presidents have had a little something to do with fueling terrorists' agenda. It's called our foreign policy/militarism....

Old 10-02-2011, 04:00 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times
He is not a Republican. Things were improving until the teabaggers got into congress. Now there is a government shutdown threat every month or so and pretty much everything that comes out of the House of Reps. is designed to ruin America so Republicans can win in 2012.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:02 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I'm an independent centerist and so far it would be a vote against vs a vote for. The GOP has yet to field someone who is not a crackpot wingnut. I don't care what ticket someone is on, I'm looking for someone who is sane, who has good answers on ways to dig us out of the mess created over the last 10+ years. Jon Huntsman seems interesting but I can't find out much about him and it's doubtful he will get very far or the GOP nom.

I'm more than appalled, I'm disturbed at how the states have chipped away at Row vs Wade, I'm pro choice. I will also turn 61 in a few days and have paid a lifetime into SS and Medicare and I don't want to hear about cutting these benefits, nor do I want to hear about them being privatized. I'm also pissed as hell at what the banks were and are being allowed to get away with, the Glass-Stegall act needs to be reinstated and the derivatives markets need to be regulated. I also think we should withdraw from the wars we are in, I never supported them in the first place. We should have ripped a page out of the Israelis handbook on how to go after terrorists. As someone who until 3 1/2 years ago worked hard all my life and then lost my job due to the crash and now work at a minimum wage job and still struggle, I'm also disgusted that the "new poor" like myself are being demonized. I also think we should have a form of single payer healthcare and without the public option the healthcare bill that passed was gutted.

America needs to quit being the "police of the world" and mind our own business. We need to start looking after our own people and figure out a way to generate a new manufacturing base that will work here.

OK, my list is long, but the short answer is...it will all depend on who the GOP nom is so I can't answer the OP's question at this time.
Nothing about what you posted says you are independent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies