Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times

Advertisements

Her IQ is probably 1.5x Palin's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 09:11 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
A gay one.
No man is that gay.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What do you know about Shakira's educational background?

She is another vapid pop-tart that gets paid to shake her rump. Her "business" is handled by others.

I want her education and business pedigree released before she is permitted to advise anyone.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:15 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Her IQ is probably 1.5x Palin's
While I would suspect that still doesn't get her into triple digits, I have to wonder what Palin has to do with it? Seriously I'm starting to think everyone on the left has the hots for Palin and must lash out with irrational comments like a rejected adolescent.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
While I would suspect that still doesn't get her into triple digits, I have to wonder what Palin has to do with it? Seriously I'm starting to think everyone on the left has the hots for Palin and must lash out with irrational comments like a rejected adolescent.
Well, after all many of those conservatives complaining here about Shakira's little adviser's job now would have liked to see Palin as their next president

Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
From the White House press release:

Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll is a Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, record producer, and dancer.

In addition to her career in music, Ms. Mebarak Ripoll has been involved in a number of global educational efforts. She founded the Barefoot Foundation in 1995, which operates schools and educational projects in Colombia, South Africa, and Haiti, feeding and educating approximately 6,000 children.

In 2010, she collaborated with the World Bank and the Barefoot Foundation to establish an initiative that distributes educational and developmental programs for children across Latin America.

In 2008, Ms. Mebarak Ripoll served as the Honorary Chair of the Global Campaign for Education's Global Action Week.

In 2005, she became a founding member of Latin America in Solidarity Action, a coalition of artists and business leaders seeking to promote integrated early childhood public policies.

Ms. Mebarak Ripoll became a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund in 2003, where she promotes the expansion and improvement of comprehensive early childhood care and education across the world.

Not once is it said that she was the "brains" behind any of this!!

She's got cash and fame!

A lot of dumb athletes and celebs "found" charities! But they hired people to to do the speaking and organizing.

What's a founding memebr except someone who was there at the beginning. Again.....did she do the "organizing"??

Goodwill Ambassador??? What do you need for that except good looks and a hit movie or record???

What are her qualifications.....the one's that count!!??

This is why Obama wants her next to him....he aint slick! LOL

Shakira - Whenever, Wherever - YouTube

Old 10-06-2011, 09:25 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Shakira is INCREDIBLY sexy... but is TOTALLY inappropriate for that position... Sometimes I wonder how more stupid Obama can get... Is he serious about anything other than infatuation with fame?
That position is totally titular, man.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:30 AM

There are a number of "artists" going around the world and getting engaged in things they are no experts on.
Jolie for instance is also very active in humanitarian affairs and has several functions with various organizations.

By the way, will Shakira get paid for her little side job? I assume not...

Old 10-06-2011, 09:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
She is another vapid pop-tart that gets paid to shake her rump. Her "business" is handled by others.

I want her education and business pedigree released before she is permitted to advise anyone.
So, before you know about her background, you label her vapid?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:47 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
A thinking Hispanic will be highly insulted. I don't believe the thinking man or woman is Obama's aim, though. There is too much danger in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies