Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 11:23 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Apparently it's ok to bully people if there's a religious reason. Are these people setting society back?
Homofascists thought it was perfectly ok to bully Carrie Prejean (Miss California) because, HOW DARE SHE publicly express her personal opinion that she didn't believe in gay marriage?

Gay activists who hate free speech (except when it's uttered by themselves, of course) are the ones who set this country back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 11:24 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. I'm gay and i was bullied to the point that i now suffer from PTSD. Literlally EVERYONE ( for all intents and purposes) bullied me in my school. I'm talking about MY WHOLE DAMN CLASS of 300. they threatened my life, and rejected me in every way for the full THREE years of middle school. I was literally AFRAID FOR MY LIFE to GO TO SCHOOL LITERALLY EVERY DAY. One year i just walked home and skipped so many days to avoid this that i ended up getting a literall F minus grade point average. Kinda hard to focus on education when you fear about your safety every single day.

When ADULTS do things like this they spend time in prison and the victim has to go to counseling extensively to recover.

When CHIDLREN do these things people like you equate it to "helicoptor parenting" and act like it's a matter of someone teasing someone for a second.

PATHETIC and SICK. people like you are part of the problem and belong on spiritual counseling to discover why you don't consider pure evil to be wrong?
I'm sorry that you had to endure this while in school. I hope that one day gay people are treated with kindness and respect and have the same rights as all Americans.

I've taught my kids to respect others despite any differences. And not only to never bully but to defend those being bullied.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,515,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Bullying is a manufactured event brought on by three decades of helicopter parents, incessant coddling, and big government schemes to reward personal irresponsibility.

This is indeed true. Bullying did not exist prior to this time. It was invented in 1981 and named for it's founder: Jacob T. Bulley. I hate that guy.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:31 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Homofascists thought it was perfectly ok to bully Carrie Prejean (Miss California) because, HOW DARE SHE publicly express her personal opinion that she didn't believe in gay marriage?

Gay activists who hate free speech (except when it's uttered by themselves, of course) are the ones who set this country back.
Cool. When straight people have to move across states to get married, then get back to me. Until then, it's perfectly acceptable to respond to bigotry. If someone states publicly that they think blacks and whites shouldn't marry, expect to anger some people.

Also, I was unaware she was bullied. Maybe you could provide an example?

Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Cool. When straight people have to move across states to get married, then get back to me. Until then, it's perfectly acceptable to respond to bigotry. If someone states publicly that they think blacks and whites shouldn't marry, expect to anger some people.

Also, I was unaware she was bullied. Maybe you could provide an example?
She was called out for her remarks. Didn't you know that having to logically explain your viewpoints is the very definition of persecution!

Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. I'm gay and i was bullied to the point that i now suffer from PTSD. Literlally EVERYONE ( for all intents and purposes) bullied me in my school. I'm talking about MY WHOLE DAMN CLASS of 300. they threatened my life, and rejected me in every way for the full THREE years of middle school. I was literally AFRAID FOR MY LIFE to GO TO SCHOOL LITERALLY EVERY DAY. One year i just walked home and skipped so many days to avoid this that i ended up getting a literall F minus grade point average. Kinda hard to focus on education when you fear about your safety every single day.

When ADULTS do things like this they spend time in prison and the victim has to go to counseling extensively to recover.

When CHIDLREN do these things people like you equate it to "helicoptor parenting" and act like it's a matter of someone teasing someone for a second.

PATHETIC and SICK. people like you are part of the problem and belong on spiritual counseling to discover why you don't consider pure evil to be wrong?

I for one am sorry for the ignorance and bigotry people showed towards you and for those that bullied you. And for those who are so insecure with their own being, that they have to bully people who are not exactly as them.

I treat those who are my friends both gay and straight with the same respect showed to me, and no difference.

The sooner people all come to realize, that not one religion is better then another, or one race is superior, and that striaghts are not more special then gays, the better off as a society we will be.
I am so sorry you had to go thru this, no one should have to feel unloved and unwanted, because so many people are not tolerant, nor do they want to understand, your human beings too.
And to those that do bully, nothing special about you at all.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:03 PM

14,024 posts, read 15,037,335 times
people are too sensitive today, in the 60's there was bullying but no one killed themselves.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:10 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
This is indeed true. Bullying did not exist prior to this time. It was invented in 1981 and named for it's founder: Jacob T. Bulley. I hate that guy.
The point of that portion of my post is that bullying was not as prevalent as it appears to be in today's children. (Or maybe it was, and it has merely been captured in more headlines in today's 24 hour news cycle.) And even if it was as prevalent, people dealth with it. It wasn't an issue that deserves special laws. It was just dealth with.

I think you know exactly what i'm saying.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:14 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:

Where were your parents? That's the first question that needs to be answered and likely provides some insight into why your childhood was marred by fear.

Where were they?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
people are too sensitive today, in the 60's there was bullying but no one killed themselves.

Give me a break, never a reason to bully, except insecurities within your own self. Todays bullys and believe me i know a lot of children who have been beaten to a pulp by bullys, so give it a rest.

Todays bullys unlike those of yesteryear, mean to hurt, and get even with the person who is unlike themself. And some bullys have too killed.

I watched a story once on bullys, made me sick, their goal in life is too hurt and make people suffer who are not popular to their standard, or different then themself.

People did kill themselves years ago that were bullied, you just did not hear about it, was swept under the rug back then.

People are not too sensitve today, they are just smarter and wiser about people in general who have gone over the deep end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies