Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:58 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,937,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
The Red scare was another load of BS.
The red scare is sitting in the WH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 09:02 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,937,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I agree. My experience is the same. The vibe I get in military towns is an itchy uncomfortable psychological violence and disdain for life. The military personnel that I encounter harbor intense resentment over being told what to do day in and day out and they take that rage out on fellow citizens by showing no regard for rules of the road and other laws. The military life breeds a feeling of contempt in a majority of its participants, contempt for being forced to see the dark side of the world that doesn't need one. One loses one's innocence by participating in the immorality of war and knowing firsthand the wastefulness and destruction the military thrives on. It goes against all human instinct to be destructive of each other without reason and in the military, such sentiment forms the foundation of its culture. It is anti-life and mankind's worst endeavor.
The vibe you get? When do you visit all these "military towns"? When your protesting callin em killers and murderers? Maybe that's why you get that "vibe" from them. LOL. Completely insane.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:28 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,529,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But like frank said, there was a reason for that. No one is going to five their life for no apparent reason. Many Americans forgot the fact that we were bombing Afghanistan and other countries with SAMS and missing badly killing thousands of innocent men women and children. What makes you think at one point that they would not want justice? Ironically, when the towers fell they cheered and Americans were outraged, but where was the outrage when their schools,homes and places of worship were destroyed by our errant missiles?
Wow.

I really hope your not an American.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:29 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,529,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Excuse me, but how many years did you serve? are you one of the troops that have come home with PTSD? Do you work with anyone who came back with missing limbs and can no longer work but still has a family to support? Have you talked to veteran who lost his family/home and job because the freaking VBA (Veteran Benefits Administration) hired some young inexperienced buttmunch to process your claim but can't/don't care what you have gone through so it mysteriously "disappears" for months on end?

But then again you could be one of those politicians who never served but is quick to send someone else's kids to fight for some bs while collecting the money from the oil/military/banking lobbyist and at the same time plotting a way to cutting the benefits of the very same people that you voted to fight for you. Maybe you are one of them crackhead rightnutwingers who sit on their azzes all day and listen to Faux news about how the muslims are trying to take over the country and instill Sharia law into our school system.

Then again you just might be millions of the uniformed to the corruption that has been running this country since the Kennedy Administration and the Koren War (do you know why we were in that one)

I guess that is stupidity in a nutshell
If you hate America so much then why are you here?

Love it or leave it.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:23 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,152,489 times
Quote:
In 8th grade history, we had to do a role-playing exercise. The role handed to me was that of an Army general that was in favor of preemptive strikes. I refused to read my lines or advocate that perspective. The teacher hollered at me. Even at that age I realized how foolish the military is and that it doesn't do anything but destroy. Before I became aware of left vs. right ideologies, I came to conclusion that the military doesn't protect me; it protects the government. We the people are expendable. We are the ones they will use as human shields as they battle with other aggressors over land and resources. Then I saw the right proclaim that the military was fighting for our freedom and it made me want to puke. Could a lie any bigger be found? Now I realize that the military is all of these things I believe in and one more: it protects American business interests. Our wars are fought to protect the elites' businesses in foreign lands, to take over resources, and to insure profit at any expense. The "war" in Libya, if the videos I've seen are correct, is one of the biggest lies ever concocted AND one of the most successful. It's about oil, it's about dollars, it's about chaos and control.

The military has great men and women in its institutions. Too bad the big picture hidden from them all is that of an abyss where morality and humanity are vacuumed away with surgical precision. Freedom and the military should never be included in the same sentence.

Well in that case, please place a sign in front of your home that says, "In case of invasion, please do not protect me".

That way the men and women of our armed forces can protect citizens who desire protection.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:29 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,152,489 times
Quote:
I agree. My experience is the same. The vibe I get in military towns is an itchy uncomfortable psychological violence and disdain for life. The military personnel that I encounter harbor intense resentment over being told what to do day in and day out and they take that rage out on fellow citizens by showing no regard for rules of the road and other laws. The military life breeds a feeling of contempt in a majority of its participants, contempt for being forced to see the dark side of the world that doesn't need one. One loses one's innocence by participating in the immorality of war and knowing firsthand the wastefulness and destruction the military thrives on. It goes against all human instinct to be destructive of each other without reason and in the military, such sentiment forms the foundation of its culture. It is anti-life and mankind's worst endeavor.
Ridiculous.

I spent 10 years in the U.S. Submarine Service, and never once observed resentment such as you mentioned.

As for contempt, yes, contempt towards those who refuse to appreciate that we are willing to lay down our lives to protect this country, without question or reservation. That the sacrifice we are willing to make is actually vilified by a segment of society, and that segment even though they are protected by those of us willing to do so with our lives, are indignant, resentful, or just downright bitter about the fact we are even there.

Unfortunately, We have to protect these people, as well as those who are appreciative of the fact we are willing to do so. This protection, even if not in direct combat, is what prevents other countries from believing we will be an easy target.

As for going against human instinct to be destructive, well, that's just wrong also. Our entire history is complete with violence and destruction, every inch of the way. I am not sure that we can come up with a single decade in human history, where violence and destruction wasn't taking place. Even in lands where violence wasn't CURRENTLY taking place, they were building armies to either start OR prevent violence.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:35 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,169,949 times
let me try to give u the short form answer.
some wars protect our freedom some don't.
as a rule long guerrilla war does not.
but other ones do
hitler was 2 months from nuks and jets. we stopped him.
he would have taken away your freedom like he did everybody else.
btw he also would have executed u for making this post
in the hitler form of justice the arresting officer does the execution
no trial, just a firing squad at place of arrest.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-18-2011 at 09:16 AM..

Old 11-18-2011, 08:54 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,145,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
The Red scare was another load of BS.
It sure was, but the suckers ate it all up without question. And it was a great aid to the military-industrial complex.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:06 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,180,571 times
Default How in the heck do the troops protect our freedom?

Quote:
Whatever you think of the US Military and its role and influence in the world, it's quite clear to me that it does not protect 'our freedom'.
Ultimately, it does.

Many countries welcome U.S. investment and commitment to that country's survival. U.S. military presence is a part of that commitment. Absent the U.S. - cash and protection - that country is left to other less preferred influences. Bear in mind, former KGB V Putin is planning a return to head of Russian government.

Ultimately, the success of those countries dependent on the U.S. is integral to the safety of the U.S. Would you think the U.S. annexed Hawaii simply because it's pretty?

Old 11-18-2011, 04:29 PM

4,436 posts, read 4,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
More lefties attempts to trash the troops. No shock. I guess you would know what they were protecting if they weren't around in WWII. Germany would have been nuking NY and telling us to surrender or DC would be next instead of us telling Japan that. Oh well trash away lefties that is one thing your good at, denigrating the troops. Get your spittoons at the ready.

AMAZING SPEECH BY WAR VETERAN - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies