Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The homo agenda drivers will twist anything in their favor.
Oh they exaggerated his facial meaning of course.

But they got the implications dead on accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
So, because we are a minute minority means you can treat us less, give us less? No where does it ever say that minorities rights are trumped by the majority. Do you not understand that you could be the next minority with your rights up to the decision of the majority? I refuse to accept fewer rights then that of my fellow citizens just because I am gay. It is not as if I can just become straight. My rights are just as important as anyone elses and should not be up for denial based on a bible. That is tyranny of the majority and it that continues to exist, everyones rights are up on the chopping block. Everybody's rights are important, not just yours.
Yes, lets discuss and debate gay marriage and gay rights in THIS country, including the injustice that in many states one can still be fired for being gay, but lets NOT spend taxpayer money to support gay rights in foreign countries, at a time when our nation is broke and we have the worst economy since at least the 1930s, if not all history.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece
How exactly do you "stand up" to people who clearly exist and aren't going away? Please be specific.
I was about to reply that you force them back into the closet, of course, where no one sees them, and therefore we can all pretend they don't exist. But then hammertime gave a much more concise and accurate right wing "solution."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"Human Rights" for gays. Hahahahaha. Does 0bamma really think gays are people? I'm with Perry on this one. These subhuman, deviant sex freaks don't deserve anything but our scorn and a padded room or jail cell.
Thank you, hammertime, for showing us all exactly what "subhuman" really looks like.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:24 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Oh they exaggerated his facial meaning of course.

But they got the implications dead on accurate.
Yeah, you're so insightful that you know what he actually meant more than the person saying it. Got it.

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
If it's a right, why do you have to pay for a license? Sounds like a privilege to me. Oh, if it's a right, why do they require you to even fill out for a license? It's NOT a right.
Are we really going to have this legal/civil vs. natural/unalienable rights semantics discussion again?

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Sorry, but the Supreme Court has declared otherwise.
"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Loving vs. Virginia
yes it is a BASIC right of man

but it is not a GOVERNMENT right

you dont PAY for a right..you do PAY for a marriage through the governemt

you can not tax a right

if you need a license it means you need PERMISSION..therefore BY GOVERNMENT STANDARd it is no longer a right, but a service

Old 12-07-2011, 09:27 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Perry is 100% correct concerning gays, taxpayer money could be better spent determining how to help these people who have so cruelly been dealt this mental illness by nature...

Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes it is a BASIC right of man

but it is not a GOVERNMENT right
Damn straight. It's an individual right that the government must recognize.

Quote:
you dont PAY for a right..you do PAY for a marriage through the governemt
That's not the test for what is a right and what is not. Sorry, but you are dead wrong on this.

Quote:
you can not tax a right
Also not the test. Again you are wrong.

Quote:
if you need a license it means you need PERMISSION..therefore BY GOVERNMENT STANDARd it is no longer a right, but a service
License does not necessarily equate to permission. You are operating under a wrong standard that does not exist in the law.

Governments can and do put restrictions on rights, because no right is absolute. You have property rights, no? Does that mean you can build a nuclear reactor in your backyard, without a license? No.

You really should stop making this very embarrassing argument. Honestly, where do you people get this stuff?

Old 12-07-2011, 09:31 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
If it's a right, why do you have to pay for a license? Sounds like a privilege to me. Oh, if it's a right, why do they require you to even fill out for a license? It's NOT a right.
You have the basic human right to "marry" whomever you want. However, for the sake of civil law and property rights you have to get that marriage registered with the government as they are the ones who administer the laws that government property. That license is to ensure that your marriage doesn't run afoul of other laws such as marrying your sister, someone under the age of consent,etc... and records that you and the person of free-will you are marrying are now bound together under a legal contract.

The license in effect protects your legal rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
The homo agenda drivers will twist anything in their favor.
Are the agenda drivers in a VW Beatle, a Subaru Outback... a Miata? I bet it's something fabulous but still functional.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you're so insightful that you know what he actually meant more than the person saying it. Got it.
My reading comprehension goes deeper than just the surface of statements.

I spend a lot of time talking to politicians and lawyers. It's a job requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies