Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 08:29 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Most working mothers in the states can't afford to take even a month off when they are pregnant because they would lose their income since the time off isn't paid.
You think someone should be paid for not working for half a year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 08:29 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
You're just asking (demanding) to have the taxpayer finance your lifestyle choice.
Lifestyle choice? Ha,not having babies is a lifestyle choice we can't all afford to make is it? Just what would happen if we all decided it was just a lifestyle choice?
Really, it's more of the attitude that if you give a woman in America a maternity benefit she would soon do nothing but have babies because she has no control of it all when it comes to free money. That is why I demanded respect, not for financing my "lifestyle" choice. ha ha ha
It's hard to give life to you creatures that grow up and crap all over us. lol

By the way, that was a joke, I don't think you all grow up and crap on your mothers feelings.

Last edited by PoppySead; 12-07-2011 at 08:37 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
In the conservative view, women are all welfare queens and/or sluts, so they don't deserve to get any maternity benefits.
I'm learning that.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:31 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
I'm pretty sure the employers don't pay in other countries. It's set up as a governmental agency program like a medicare/medicaid.

There... our precious corporations and employers are all protected and don't have to be a part of our country's societal problems and issues and solutions.
I don't care WHO is paying for it. NO one but said parents of child should be paying for the care of the child. Take your 6wks of maternity leave and get back to work

Old 12-07-2011, 08:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
I don't care WHO is paying for it. NO one but said parents of child should be paying for the care of the child. Take your 6wks of maternity leave and get back to work
Exactly. These people think that the government gets it's money to pay people to breed out of thin air.

It's robbing working Peter to pay for dead-beat Paul's illegitimate offspring.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post

Amen! +1!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Lifestyle choice? Ha,not having babies is a lifestyle choice we can't all afford to make is it? Just what would happen if we all decided it was just a lifestyle choice?
Really, it's more of the attitude that if you give a woman in America a maternity benefit she would soon do nothing but have babies because she has not control of it all when it comes to free money. That is why I demanded respect, not for financing my "lifestyle" choice. ha ha ha
It's hard to give life to you creatures that grow up and crap all over us. lol

By the way, that was a joke, I don't think you all grow up and crap on your mothers feelings.
Why should you be paid to have a baby? If you want paid time off, work it out with your employer. Many people actually plan their families.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, but not with a big-screen television, cell phone for every family member, air conditioning in the summer, cable television, internet service.

Back when most families lived on one income, one car, one phone, one television was more the norm.
Well plenty had the new t.v. as small as it was. They lived in suburban neighborhoods and had a decent life. All these goodies are becoming necessities in our future to some extent. Or at least most believe including businesses.
Things change and cel phones and the internet are not considered just luxuries anymore. A lot of people feel they need them for work, school like briefcases use to be.
But I do agree with you on cutting back on the mega homes and cars. That is a whole other topic but I'm thinking we'd agree on that thread. People live way too large.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,206 times
Quote:
You think its okay to leave a newborn infant alone in the house while the mother is working?
You think it's okay to force someone who had nothing whatsoever to do with bringing that newborn infant into the world to nonetheless be required to pay for it's support?

That's highly illogical.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,812,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
If she didn't get her flu shot do I not allow her the benefit of sick days when she gets the flu because I got mine? It's a stupid argument and yes, it irritates me.
I'll gladly pay taxes for free/reduced flu shots. No one actually CHOOSES on GETTING the flu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies