Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 07:13 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Let's not forget... some women are serial birthers. They can take time off for YEARS. All the more encouragement to discriminate against women of child-bearing age.
Serial birthers? Ha, I'm guessing you're a man and couldn't manage to squeeze one out. Any woman knows it's harder to give birth than work a couple of extra months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Listen folks, having babies isn't a ploy to get welfare, it's the reason you're all here. I'm getting a little tired of how lightly the job of having kids is being taken. It's what we are made to do, it has far more meaning then saving the government tax payers a few bucks. It should be covered and expected for woman who work. If you don't want woman working pay men a salary that can actually support a darn family!!!
If you all don't have a little respect we can stop having babies at anytime and see where that'll get ya. You definitely won't have to worry about financial obligation with no population.
So we should subsidize surrogate mothers and prostitutes. Gotcha.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And why is that? There are also a whole slew of companies that use the government breaks because they can't really afford to own their companies and give people a decent living.
Is that okey dokey? People set fire to their offices to get money back on a failing business. etc. etc. People take advantage of the system but by no means are they the majority. Those people should not be the excuse used to limit paid time off for your everyday hard working mother.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
So we should subsidize surrogate mothers and prostitutes. Gotcha.
A surrogate mother wouldn't be caring for the baby and whats prostitutes have to do with it? The legal ones are working double time in my opinion, if it's legal than sure. Why not, their babies don't need care?

Old 12-07-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
And why is that? There are also a whole slew of companies that use the government breaks because they can't really afford to own their companies and give people a decent living.
Is that okey dokey? People set fire to their offices to get money back on a failing business. etc. etc. People take advantage of the system but by no means are they the majority. Those people should not be the excuse used to limit paid time off for your everyday hard working mother.
You fail to understand that if people can get paid to not work they'll do just that. It doesn't matter the race, the age, the sex or the hair color. That's the whole point in limiting UI because if it wasn't people wouldn't look for a job.

If you can pop a baby out and take 12 months PTO and then go to work for another 12 months and do it all over again that's exactly what you'd get, a part time employee with full benefits and a law requiring that you keep their job available for them while they went on the humping like mad rabbits spree.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 12-07-2011 at 07:43 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Quote:
Serial birthers? Ha, I'm guessing you're a man and couldn't manage to squeeze one out. Any woman knows it's harder to give birth than work a couple of extra months.
Don't act so clueless... it's not conducive to the topic.

I'm a woman, never intended to "squeeze one out." But I've had to cover for those who did...every 1-2 years. I know what I speak of.

I know it's a challenge for most women, but what is so hard about planning/saving in advance of pregnancy? Most do that for their first car.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
You fail to understand that if people can get paid to not work they'll do just that. It doesn't matter the race, the age, the sex or the hair color. That's the whole point in limiting UI because if it wasn't people wouldn't look ofr a job.

If you can pop a baby out and take 12 months PTO and then go to work for another 12 months and do it all over again that's exactly what you'd get, a part time employee with full benefits and a law requiring that you keep their job available for them while they went on the humping like mad rabbits spree.
No, but what I do clearly understand is that one of the reasons America falls behind the rest of the world is because we are still stupid enough to believe that woman can be controlled by idiotic morons limiting their welfare and care. Without any proof mind you of all the woman in other countries using their benefits as full time employment and pumping out babies like crazy. We are still considered mindless soul suckers in the U.S. Unable to control the urge to use up mans money giving birth to their fricken brats. We are soooo behind humanity and I'm sick of men thinking woman have no control without them controlling us. Please, yes, all the other woman are career birthers in the other countries that have benefits, but not in America because we keep em down and limit any benefit they could get for birthing a baby. Do you really believe yourself?

Old 12-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Don't act so clueless... it's not conducive to the topic.

I'm a woman, never intended to "squeeze one out." But I've had to cover for those who did...every 1-2 years. I know what I speak of.

I know it's a challenge for most women, but what is so hard about planning/saving in advance of pregnancy? Most do that for their first car.
Well, the government subsidizes cars now too. Just look at how successful that program is...

They subsidize housing, too, how's that program?

They'll even subsidize schooling, what's that look like these days?

Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
No, but what I do clearly understand is that one of the reasons America falls behind the rest of the world is because we are still stupid enough to believe that woman can be controlled by idiotic morons limiting their welfare and care. Without any proof mind you of all the woman in other countries using their benefits as full time employment and pumping out babies like crazy. We are still considered mindless soul suckers in the U.S. Unable to control the urge to use up mans money giving birth to their fricken brats. We are soooo behind humanity and I'm sick of men thinking woman have no control without them controlling us. Please, yes, all the other woman are career birthers in the other countries that have benefits, but not in America because we keep em down and limit any benefit they could get for birthing a baby. Do you really believe yourself?
What are we limiting?? I think American women are more FREE than just about anywhere else in the world. We have more choices than ever. Maybe that is why things are different here.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Okay, name these countries and we'll discuss them one by one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies