Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:47 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,522,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
My worry is, is this legal? Is it constitutional? US citizens are guaranteed the right to a fair trial, whatever that means in our modern legal system.

I'm not even sure it could get before the Supreme Court, and what are they going to do? Defund the entire defense department?
We have to keep fighting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 06:48 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Are you posters truly that stupid that you cannot even be bothered to read the law to see that it is no different from any other law we have had in the past? Truly amazing.

In absolutely every war we have been engaged, the US has taken POWs and held them in custody indefinitely, without charging them. When the war ended those POWs were either released or charged with war crimes. Under Public Law 107-40, which is still in effect, the US is still in a state of war. Get a clue you morons!

So you are saying all the Politicians who have read and voted on it (including several with Law degrees) are lying?

LOL

Please show me a link of POWs who were arrested in US Soil or a US territory where the US Constitution APPLIES?

I am waiting.

Also, the bill is in the hot seat because it will violate our rights under the 5th Amendment which states that we are entitled to DUE PROCESS.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 12-14-2011 at 06:57 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 06:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So you are saying all the Politicians who have read and voted on it (including several with law degrees) are lying?

LOL

Please show me a link of POWs who were arrested in US Soil or a US territory where the US Constitution APPLIES?

I am waiting.
We did that already.

Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Legal, says the Supreme Court. Scary stuff.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:56 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times
Quote:
Which is why I said Obama in my post.

Vote third party, or independent, I know I am.

I can (and probably will) do that. But don't see how it will do much good.

The way the system is set up, you need tens of millions of dollars to run a viable campaign and you only get that kind of money with Wall Street backing. In other words, only the very rich (and those who kiss up to them) are allowed to participate in the election process as a candidate.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
We did that already.

Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Legal, says the Supreme Court. Scary stuff.
Thank you.

And people still think this bill is not a big deal

"Oh it WILL never happen to me... I am not a threat".

Well, you think you are not a threat...but do others feel the same?

Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Thank you.

And people still think this bill is not a big deal

"Oh it WILL never happen to me... I am not a threat".

Well, you think you are not a threat...but do others feel the same?

The difference, as I see it, is that there is no war on terrorism. Terrorism is a police problem, not a military problem.

We were at war with the country of Japan, a country. Terrorism comes from whites, blacks, latinos, and those from the middle east.

So what the government is saying is that they can lock up anyone, just because they are suspected terrorists.

Hell even Tim McVeigh got a trial.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 PM

309 posts, read 428,014 times
I just received this email today at 3:51 PM with a "Please Forward" preface on it.

"Angry about SB1867 and the feds being able to detain you indefinitely? There is a solution but we need your help!

The El Paso County Colorado Commissioners will be voting on precedent setting policy to decide whether or not El Paso County, Colorado will oppose the language within Federal Governments SB1867 that repeals Habeas corpus & Unconstitutional Executive Orders.

We need your help by attending this meeting or promoting this policy in your county, state and Sheriff's office.
Please distribute nationwide and carry forward in your county

In El Paso County, Colorado, County Commissioner Peggy Littleton is bravely championing a County Policy that Freedom Action Coalition Team presented for consideration and then was modified specifically for El Paso County, Colorado as a solution to the overreaching arm of the Federal Government. If passed, the Policy states the federal government does not have jurisdiction over the county and the county may protect its citizens from the language in SB1867 that denies us the right to Habeas corpus, Presidential Executive Orders and other Federal Departments which have been acting as policing agents without rightful jurisdiction and under unconstitutional rulemaking authority. This County Policy would override the federal government imposing unconstitutional policing from all federal departments. But we need your help to get it passed in El Paso County as well as other counties across the nation. Please come to the meeting if you are in the county and take/promote it to your legislators if you are not. This truly is small government taking on Goliath!

El Paso County Board of County Commissioners Meeting
Thursday December 15th, 2011
2:30 approximately,
Akers Drive Facility
3275 Akers Drive
Colorado Springs, CO

If you do not live in El Paso County, Colorado, this still applies to you. Please have your local representatives pass this policy in your county.

I will be sending out a second email with the actual language of the Resolution once it is finalized or if you do not receive the language, because of a family emergency. You can go to the El Paso County Website Thursdays agenda and get a copy. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the email below."

Old 12-14-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
I just received this email today at 3:51 PM with a "Please Forward" preface on it.

"Angry about SB1867 and the feds being able to detain you indefinitely? There is a solution but we need your help!

The El Paso County Colorado Commissioners will be voting on precedent setting policy to decide whether or not El Paso County, Colorado will oppose the language within Federal Governments SB1867 that repeals Habeas corpus & Unconstitutional Executive Orders.

We need your help by attending this meeting or promoting this policy in your county, state and Sheriff's office.
Please distribute nationwide and carry forward in your county

In El Paso County, Colorado, County Commissioner Peggy Littleton is bravely championing a County Policy that Freedom Action Coalition Team presented for consideration and then was modified specifically for El Paso County, Colorado as a solution to the overreaching arm of the Federal Government. If passed, the Policy states the federal government does not have jurisdiction over the county and the county may protect its citizens from the language in SB1867 that denies us the right to Habeas corpus, Presidential Executive Orders and other Federal Departments which have been acting as policing agents without rightful jurisdiction and under unconstitutional rulemaking authority. This County Policy would override the federal government imposing unconstitutional policing from all federal departments. But we need your help to get it passed in El Paso County as well as other counties across the nation. Please come to the meeting if you are in the county and take/promote it to your legislators if you are not. This truly is small government taking on Goliath!

El Paso County Board of County Commissioners Meeting
Thursday December 15th, 2011
2:30 approximately,
Akers Drive Facility
3275 Akers Drive
Colorado Springs, CO

If you do not live in El Paso County, Colorado, this still applies to you. Please have your local representatives pass this policy in your county.

I will be sending out a second email with the actual language of the Resolution once it is finalized or if you do not receive the language, because of a family emergency. You can go to the El Paso County Website Thursdays agenda and get a copy. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the email below."

Too bad I do not live in Co Springs anymore.

However, people need to start calling, e-mailing, faxing their Representatives NOW.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:41 PM

309 posts, read 428,014 times
I no longer live in CO Springs either; agreed we all need to start contacting our own rep's. Take care citizens, we have to stay on this.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:45 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,588,062 times
Obama: "People of America: Today I have been given a brand new, never before allowed, and powerful tool in the fight against terrorism to keep you all safe. This completely new thing is an unbelievably big step for my administration, and for the, change, that you all elected me to achieve"

*Aide whispers something in Obama's ear*

Obama: "What? The American people don't like this thing? Errr, People of America...It's all George W Bush's fault! This was like this when I got here! It's all on him! I didn't even know anything about this thing, I came along and it was sitting just like that! I didn't touch nothin', man! I don't even know what this thing is! I never asked for this power, I hate this power! It's old! We're all about change here, not keeping the old! Blame W!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies