Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 03:08 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,326,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Marriage was ordained by God for one man and woman. The gays want to change what God has ordained. It is plainly against God. There is a reason why God said One man and one woman.

Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 03:10 PM

33,589 posts, read 18,205,953 times
Why should I listen to betty bowers.. now that is funny. I would rather go to the word of God to hear what God has to say.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,326,998 times
Quote:
Why should I listen to betty bowers.. now that is funny. I would rather go to the word of God to hear what God has to say.
Where are you finding these words of your god?

Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,791,927 times
Quote:
Those are your sick interpretations from a person who hates God.
Once again, you prove you know nothing about the Bible. And yet you have the arrogance to come here and criticize other people.

Numbers 31

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people.”

Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the LORD in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the LORD’s people.
17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

God ordered Moses to slaughter every man, woman, and boy, and to take the young girls as spoils of war to be raped.

The Holy Spirit, according to you, penned the above commands of slaughter.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:19 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,791,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Wow...

I thought Christians were supposed to be loving and kind.
The Conservative/Fundamentalist/Evangelicals usually aren't. But then, they don't actually follow Christ so why should we be surprised?

Matt 7: 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Claiming to be devout and virtuous and treating people the way your typical anti-gay conservative does, does not make one a Christian. That's bad fruit.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:23 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,147,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The Conservative/Fundamentalist/Evangelicals usually aren't. But then, they don't actually follow Christ so why should we be surprised?

Matt 7: 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Claiming to be devout and virtuous and treating people the way your typical anti-gay conservative does, does not make one a Christian. That's bad fruit.
Thank you for not saying "all". I don't think that most of the Bible beaters on here are real Christians.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:26 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,053,203 times
Quote:
The word of God is the judge. Can you comprehend that?
And this country does not run on the word of God. It never has, and it never will.

Therefore, in regards to homosexual rights, it really is rather irrelevant to what some men wrote in a book thousands of years ago and claimed (probably after a night of getting rather high) that some voice in their head told them some things.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Where are you finding these words of your god?

As Jesus wiped the dirt off of his feet to those who rejected his calling to repent so it is for you.

God is on his throne and knows all from beginning to end. He will have his judgement day.

As Jesus was demonized and rejected as he walked the earth in the flesh so it is today. You had your say and you are showing what you are by your words .

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-01-2012 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: please discuss the topic and not the other poster

Old 01-01-2012, 03:28 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,212 times
Quote:
Those are your sick interpretations from a person who hates God.
The Bible pretty clearly states that rape and slavery is okay. Doesn't take a neurosurgeon to see that. Read it yourself. Don't just listen to your pastor. Read the book, cover to cover, yourself.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
And this country does not run on the word of God. It never has, and it never will.

Therefore, in regards to homosexual rights, it really is rather irrelevant to what some men wrote in a book thousands of years ago and claimed (probably after a night of getting rather high) that some voice in their head told them some things.
It is a response to the children who will be taught that homosexuality is normal. It is not. The gays will advance their sin and they will pay the price for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies