Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should states have the power to outlaw oral and anal sex?
Yes 19 10.05%
No 169 89.42%
Not sure 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
States don't have that power. The Supreme Court ruled in 2003 that all state laws banning sodomy were Unconstitutional.
I said, if the law was passed because they thought it was bad for you, not immoral. Smoking is not immoral, it's considered a health hazard, so too could sodomy or oral sex. You don't even need sound science, all you need are a lot of Nazi-like fanatics who agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
What would gays do then at night?????
Sodomy includes oral sex between heteros.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Originally Posted by wutitiz

The reality is that most Americans, liberals most of all, support government regulation of sex.

That is false. It was conservatives who defended sodomy laws from being struck down by the US Supreme Court in 2003.
Even if true (link?), sodomy laws are just a small fraction of what makes up overall government regulation of sex. Where I live (Seattle area) is extremely liberal. King County, which includes Seattle, voted 70% for Barack Obama. But police here are extremely active in sex cases. They run on-line-based busts, busts of street prostituties, busts of massage places, and strip clubs. They once conducted a SWAT raid complete with AR-15's, riot gear, etc. on a place called the 'Sacred Temple' that was doing whatever the yoga-based sex training is called (cant remember the term). They shut down the top strip club in town; it came out that they had spent 10s of thousands of taxpayer dollars on lap dances.
It's a Hard Job - Page 1 - News - Seattle - Seattle Weekly

Old 01-05-2012, 04:01 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I would ask the now 8 people who want this law how we would enforce it?
Again, I'll say that the poll did not ask if we personally wanted a law banning anal or oral sex, but if the states should have the right to do so. And again, I'll say that if the people of the state want to vote in that law, they should have the right to do so. And anyone who doesn't like the law should either try to get it changed or move.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Since I'm banned from turning down renting one of my apartments to gays sure they should have the power to ban oral and anal sex.
Then move to a state, like Oklahoma, where it's perfectly ok to ask prospective tenants if they're gay or indulge in some kind of sex you don't like. If you deplore the idea of living in Oklahoma, then be more happy where you're at.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I understood what I posted entirely. What shocks me is that you and a few others believe that states should have a right to make oral sex illegal. How about if they make it a capital offense? Would you be okay with that too?
I don't happen to agree with the idea of a law to ban any type of sex, but i do agree that it's the states rights (the state of voters) to vote in a law if they want to. If I didn't agree with that typ eof law (which I don't) I'd move to another state.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:04 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Of course not. There is no reason "the state" should even be thinking about that stuff.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
I don't happen to agree with the idea of a law to ban any type of sex, but i do agree that it's the states rights (the state of voters) to vote in a law if they want to. If I didn't agree with that typ eof law (which I don't) I'd move to another state.
That's a ridiculous premises though. Are you in a position to move whenever the majority votes for something that would make you a criminal? I don't think so. Nobody is.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:07 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
The American Taliban at its best, next phase, stoning adulterers

Old 01-05-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, States don't have the right. The Supreme Court already stated this.

I will also point out, you weren't listed in the poll when I made that statement. The people who were meet my description.

You are aware we are not a direct democracy right? The majority doesn't have the right to tell other people how to live.
We are a republic, not a democracy at all.
And I don't agree with the SC about their ruling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies